MLK Writing Contest #23!

MLK Writing Contest #23!

Postby DGFone » November 18th, 2013, 9:44 am

I think the previous contest went really well, and it kept up the momentum started in the 20th writing contest magnificently. Let's keep the ball rolling! Also, as a special treat, Gemini has requested a very... lively prompt for her winner's choice. I rather like it, but for the sake of the contest... let's try not to all write on it, shall we? Okay, so you guys will see right away which one that will be (along with it being the usual last prompt), so along with this one, here are the other three prompts for the contest:

The Stampede
Lion-Hyena unification
Timon and Pumbaa returning to the jungle
V Just look at the image below V

jurassic-park-logo.jpg
jurassic-park-logo.jpg (76.07 KiB) Viewed 4182 times

I am hoping that the other three prompts will be able to compete with the last one. But considering the nature of it, I find it highly unlikely. However, since you guys did make such a fuss about it, I do expect more stories. That's a fair bargain, right?

I will allow submissions until Monday, December 9th!

When you finish with your story, just PM it to me, or send it via a PM attachment. Yes, I still edit those stories that are submitted as a mess to me (yes, I do define a big block of text as a mess), but I won't spend a long time editing stories to be readable when I create the voting topic. If I can't fix the problem with the enter key, then I probably won't do it. I find that Microsoft office formats don't transfer the best, but they are still quite reasonable.

Usual rules apply: The stories cannot exceed more than 4000 words, but need to be more than 1000. The other rules are the same: keep the stories PG-13, no plagiarizing off others, and don't submit something you already wrote previously for something else.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #23!

Postby Buffy » November 18th, 2013, 10:24 am

Wait, does this mean we could write TLK/JP crossover? ... I may have to participate in this.
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby DGFone » November 18th, 2013, 10:31 am

[quote="Buffy"]Wait, does this mean we could write TLK/JP crossover? [/quote]

Yup! :lol:
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby DGFone » November 25th, 2013, 8:27 am

One weekend gone, one weekend left!

And unless you live in the US, you don't get a Thanksgiving break.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby DGFone » December 2nd, 2013, 2:08 am

One weekend left guys!

And no submissions so far. :x

That's right: no Lion King - Jurassic Park crossovers yet.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Gemini » December 5th, 2013, 8:13 am

Hmm, if there's really no submissions then I might have to send it something, hmmm? I wasn't really planning on it this time - I went to see my friend in San Diego for about ten days, as she had the whole week off, but unfortunately that's not the case here. So I have several days worth of schoolwork to catch up on. :/

But, you know, we need a contest, don't we?
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby DGFone » December 5th, 2013, 8:26 am

^ Still no submissions.

DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » December 5th, 2013, 5:20 pm

I'm writing an entry right now :3 Probably send it to you before the day is out or tomorrow.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby Regulus » December 5th, 2013, 6:18 pm

I won't be submitting anything. Got too much on my plate, at the moment.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Carl » December 6th, 2013, 10:01 pm

I hate to be the one to say this, but perhaps you should extend the deadline. I doubt I'll get anything written by then and I know some others won't either. For instance at my school, it's finals week and yadda yadda. Also I'd like to enter myself and have yet to come up with any decent plot ideas.

Of course you don't have to extend it, just a thought. :innocent:
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest