MLK Writing Contest #23!

Re: MLK Writing Contest #23!

Postby DGFone » December 6th, 2013, 10:06 pm

Well, I have finals week in two weeks, although I am sure that most people will have their finals before that. I think I will extend the deadline, but I am not sure for how long yet.

You guys can rest easy then, for the deadline is not going to be the 9th. I might extend it for a week, maybe two.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby FlipMode » December 8th, 2013, 7:34 pm

Well I'm doing mine today and / or tomorrow (depending how long I want to spend on it) so this is good for me :) extra time to add finesse never hurt anyone.
Thanks DG and even though it's two weeks or so away, best of luck with your finals.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » December 9th, 2013, 4:58 am

Of course, a lot of us will be on Christmas break! :)
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby DGFone » December 9th, 2013, 7:49 am

Lol, two weeks it is then!

The new deadline is Sunday, Dec 22nd!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby FlipMode » December 11th, 2013, 11:04 am

Interested to see how many people didn't pick "that" prompt :D
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DGFone » December 19th, 2013, 6:39 am

Good news for you, slackers! :P

So I found out that my computer won't be available when the deadline hits, and I won't have access to it until after winter break. So instead of making the deadline shorter, and causing more stress for those of you who like me still have finals, and instead, I am going to end this contest after break. Just to be on the safe side, I am going to end the contest on Saturday January 18.

So you guys have over a month for this one. I better be seeing some good lion-dino stories. 8-)
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Carl » December 19th, 2013, 6:56 am

Wow, and I'm over half done with mine already.

Guess this means loads of time to revise and whatnot!
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Buffy » December 19th, 2013, 7:08 am

I forgot about this until now! Thank goodness for the extended deadline! :D
Buffy
once i present, but then

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » December 19th, 2013, 7:35 am

I might be the only one not doing a lion-dino story haha x3
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby FlipMode » December 19th, 2013, 12:25 pm

This may be a record for the longest time one round of this contest has ever gone on for. Not that I'm complaining because I'm a lazy sod and still haven't written mine but still. Well, there's no excuses now I guess. And (this may only just be me) I seem to get more into the "writing zone" during the winter season anyway. There's just something about the incredibly short days and being indoors in the warm with a gingerbread latte when it's freezing out, that makes me want to write either overly long posts on here or fan fictions. (Usually the former but well, that's the way it goes isn't it?)
FlipMode

PreviousNext

Return to MLK Writing Contest