MLK Writing Contest #22!

MLK Writing Contest #22!

Postby DGFone » October 14th, 2013, 7:43 am

I think we can all agree that no one could have really expected to see just what kind of a success the previous writing contest was. Heck, I was so carried away at how well it went, that when I was in the process of creating the winner's banner, I started to create one of my MotM style banners, before I remembered that it was for the writing contest, and it wouldn't technically be fair for other winners if Ninaroja got an extra-special banner. But still, it only goes to show just how much I was blown away by the success of the 21st writing contest... in the 21st century! What do you guys say? Let's keep the momentum up! These are the prompts that you guys can write on for #22:

The Battle for Pride Rock
Timon's family/colony
Kovu's training
Nala's flight from the drought
Mufasa's ghost appears to Scar
Lion King / Jurassic Park Cross-ov- Nah! If you want this one, win the contest and request it! :P

Let's try to go back to the same two-week writing period as before, but I can always extend the time limit if enough people will request it. Currently, the deadline will be: Sunday, October 27th!

When you finish with your story, just PM it to me, or send it via a PM attachment. Yes, I still edit those stories that are submitted as a mess to me (yes, I do define a big block of text as a mess), but I won't spend a long time editing stories to be readable when I create the voting topic. If I can't fix the problem with the enter key, then I probably won't do it. I find that Microsoft office formats don't transfer the best, but they are still quite reasonable.

Usual rules apply: The stories cannot exceed more than 4000 words, but need to be more than 1000. The other rules are the same: keep the stories PG-13, no plagiarizing off others, and don't submit something you already wrote previously for something else.

May the best writer win!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #22!

Postby FlipMode » October 14th, 2013, 11:53 am

[quote="DGFone"]
Lion King / Jurassic Park Cross-ov- Nah! If you want this one, win the contest and request it! :P[/b][/center]
[/quote]

Tease.

Well I should get brainstorming then :) pretty good set of prompts so that's a plus.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Gemini » October 14th, 2013, 6:11 pm

IT'S HERE. IT'S HERE. IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE. asjfjlkekgnejkw *has spaz attack*

Sorry, I've been waiting for this topic for like two weeks. I'd better start writing and hopefully I won't procrastinate this time.

PS I'm going to win this contest just so I can request that. I know that's what I said last week, but... I'm going to try extra hard this time. You all had better be prepared. :sinister:
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby DGFone » October 14th, 2013, 7:34 pm

^ So I guess it's up to me now to win so that we won't have that topic. :P
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby RedKite » October 14th, 2013, 7:35 pm

Did you get mine? I PMed it to you
RedKite
Protector of the Circle

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Defender of Life

Nickname(s): Red, Redd, Reddie, Kite
Pride Points: 5

Postby DGFone » October 14th, 2013, 8:05 pm

Yes I did. Thanks! :D

I didn't read it yet though, for obvious reasons.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby DGFone » October 15th, 2013, 7:42 am

Hmm... considering the music I am listening to right now, I think I should have left that Jurassic Park - Lion King crossover in after all. But if it will cause you guys to work harder, I think I'll leave it as a winner's prompt after all, and force it to be bestowed upon me due to a winner coming up with a great story, and not because I got lazy with the prompts. :P
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby FlipMode » October 15th, 2013, 11:09 am

Going to start working on my entry a bit later, hopefully I will have a solid idea by then. The hardest bit is just starting >.> once I get an idea and begin, I'm fine.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Regulus » October 15th, 2013, 6:45 pm

Oh man. Man oh man oh man, man! These are some guuuud prompts. :mhm:
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Carl » October 16th, 2013, 5:10 pm

There's three topics I'm having trouble choosing between, but I will write an entry for this! Maybe I'll write for all three prompts and submit the one that's better. :P
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest