MLK Writing Contest #21 [Voting]

Which is the best story from the 21st Writing Contest?

Poll ended at September 29th, 2013, 8:20 pm

30%
10%
10%
No votes
10%
20%
20%

Total votes : 10

Re: MLK Writing Contest #21 [Voting]

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » September 30th, 2013, 6:42 am

I liked Number five. Very poetic in language.

:)

And I THINK I know who it is, GG. 8-)

Word count hurt me too. I had to chop off about one thousand words. It was painful. :cry:

I am posting the full version tonight. Extended scenes and all. *COUGH COUGH*R/R plz
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby Gemini » September 30th, 2013, 7:02 am

[quote="TheBlackCatCrossing"]I liked Number five. Very poetic in language.

:)

And I THINK I know who it is, GG. 8-)[/quote]

Think mine got a bit too "poemy" for my liking. Not that flowery prose is always bad, but it became a little cliché in my opinion and it turned out nothing like how I envisioned... so, yeah. I wasn't that happy with it. But thanks. Too bad you (and several other people) missed the voting session... more votes are always nice. ;)

In any case, I'm waiting for our winner to come out and realize she's won, since this is the same person who always insists that she doesn't stand a chance against me and that I beat everyone. :P

[quote="TheBlackCatCrossing"]Word count hurt me too. I had to chop off about one thousand words. It was painful. :cry: [/quote]
You make it sound like an amputation. :gasp:
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » September 30th, 2013, 7:09 am

That's EXACTLY what it felt like!! :lol: :lol:

In all seriousness, I felt like I diluted the story by cutting it up in pieces. It wasn't entirely my fault though. I had to send my computer to get it fixed on account of this issue with my LCD screen so I had to write and submit it early and I THINK our winner did too.

I had to chop down the scene with Scar and Mufasa. In the original version, there is more meat to the scene.

To tell you the truth, I thought about doing something like yours GG but just once, I wanted to do something that wasn't exactly Scar centric. You did a good job with yours. You got the psychology down. :-o
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Previous

Return to MLK Writing Contest