MLK Writing Contest #21!

MLK Writing Contest #21!

Postby DGFone » September 3rd, 2013, 5:50 am

I wanted to get the contest out yesterday, but I was stricken with a cold these past few days, so here it is on a Monday again. But no more delays! I am hoping that this contest will be just as, if not more successful than the last. For two weeks, you will be able to write for one of these following prompts:

Simba leaving the Pride Lands
The first king or queen
Mufasa's greatest trial as king
Scar has cubs during Mufasa's reign

Because next Monday won't be a federal holiday, I'm just going to straight up right away make the deadline be on Saturday, September 21st. This is almost three weeks, but be careful: it's easy to miss the deadline!

When you finish with your story, just PM it to me, or send it via a PM attachment. Yes, I still edit those stories that are submitted as a mess to me (yes, I do define a big block of text as a mess), but I won't spend a long time editing stories to be readable when I create the voting topic. If I can't fix the problem with the enter key, then I probably won't do it. I find that Microsoft office formats don't transfer the best, but they are still quite reasonable.

Usual rules apply: The stories cannot exceed more than 4000 words, but need to be more than 1000. The other rules are the same: keep the stories PG-13, no plagiarizing off others, and don't submit something you already wrote previously for something else.

Good luck, and good writing!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #21!

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » September 9th, 2013, 1:14 am

Let me tweak some details.

I would have participated in the others but graduate school and working two jobs puts on a damper on the creative processes. ;)
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby Ninaroja » September 9th, 2013, 7:25 pm

I've sent my entry :) I got bored during chemistry class earlier so instead of listening about rates and orders of reaction I came up with the idea for this story instead :)

Just realised the only other time I've entered is last October. Time goes so quickly these days...
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Regulus » September 9th, 2013, 7:32 pm

Mabye, maybe, maybe...
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Gemini » September 10th, 2013, 1:56 am

[quote="Ninaroja"]I got bored during chemistry class earlier so instead of listening about rates and orders of reaction I came up with the idea for this story instead :) [/quote]

Oh boy. That's fun stuff. I mean, I liked chemistry, but at the same time I'm kind of glad it's over since I took the AP version and we had, like, five or ten pages of homework most nights. :?

Anyways, I'm thinking of joining this one. I have a good idea set in my head. :p Let's see if I can get it onto paper.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby DGFone » September 10th, 2013, 2:13 am

[quote="GeminiGemelo"]
Anyways, I'm thinking of joining this one. I have a good idea set in my head. :p Let's see if I can get it onto paper.[/quote]

That's what I feel like when I don't win the contests. :P

Okay, not really, but that't how I felt like for the last contest. I had a great idea which I really liked, but even as I was finishing it up for the contest, I knew that in terms of getting it into a written form, that I utterly blew it. And the 0 votes it got prove that while the idea might still have been good, I did a shoddy job of writing about it,
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » September 10th, 2013, 6:32 am

*faints*
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Postby DGFone » September 10th, 2013, 6:37 am

Guess I'll need to get started on my story as well. :innocent:
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Ninaroja » September 10th, 2013, 5:49 pm

[quote="GeminiGemelo"][quote="Ninaroja"]I got bored during chemistry class earlier so instead of listening about rates and orders of reaction I came up with the idea for this story instead :) [/quote]

Oh boy. That's fun stuff. I mean, I liked chemistry, but at the same time I'm kind of glad it's over since I took the AP version and we had, like, five or ten pages of homework most nights. :?
[/quote]

Oh it is :P Haha, it's not too bad yet, but I'm not looking forward to the organic stuff :-o If its in anyway worse than last year then I'm already doomed :oops:

And also, what is AP, exactly. Are they like A levels? Me no speak Americano :P
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » September 10th, 2013, 10:54 pm

AP-advanced placement. I took English and history when I was in high school.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest