[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - MLK Writing Contest #20! — My Lion King Forum

MLK Writing Contest #20!

MLK Writing Contest #20!

Postby DGFone » July 30th, 2013, 5:20 am

It's time for a new writing contest once more! Honestly, I couldn't say that I envisioned the contest to last to number 20, but here it is! With two winners, this means that there will be four topics that you will get to choose one of these five prompts:

Mufasa was not the perfect king as in the movie
Zira is betrayed early on
Zazu is not knocked unconscious during the stampede
Scar himself is caught in the stampede
Why is Pride Rock the biggest formation in the lands

As I said before, I didn't see us reaching number 20. Even with the last contest, I wrote down number 19, but only now did I realize how fat we have come. I have to thank you guys for remaining loyal and dedicated to writing out these amazing stories that keep the contest alive.

You will have at least two weeks to write your stories. I don't know my plans for that time, but the very earliest, the writing period will end on Monday, August 19th. Knowing the current history of the contest, there might be an extension, but as my school starts around then (hopefully later), I will have to say that I doubt seeing an extension for this contest. So for you procrastinators out there: write early or you will be left out. That is all.

When you finish with your story, just PM it to me, or send it via a PM attachment. Yes, I still edit those stories that are submitted as a mess to me (yes, I do define a big block of text as a mess), but I won't spend a long time editing stories to be readable when I create the voting topic. If I can't fix the problem with the enter key, then I probably won't do it.

Usual rules apply: The stories cannot exceed more than 4000 words, but need to be more than 1000. The other rules are the same: keep the stories PG-13, no plagiarizing off others, and don't submit something you already wrote previously for something else.

Good luck, and good writing!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #20!

Postby Carl » July 30th, 2013, 6:59 am

I'm definitely entering this time. ;)
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Kiburi » July 30th, 2013, 7:15 am

I might enter this.
Kiburi
A waffle is like

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

A pancake with a syrup trap

Nickname(s): Kib, Kibbles, Kibbles n' Bits
Pride Points: 28

Postby Bloodspill » July 30th, 2013, 9:05 am

I'll enter this too, cool subjects to write about.
Life's not fair, is it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby OuRaion » July 30th, 2013, 9:10 am

I'll be entering too!
OuRaion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 60

Postby Regulus » July 30th, 2013, 6:17 pm

Time to preheat my brain, so I can get those ideas baking.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Ninaroja » July 30th, 2013, 9:27 pm

If you are writing a story in Microsoft word, and you copy and paste it into a spoiler box, how can you ensure the formatting in MSW is the same when you paste it over? Double spacing?
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Carl » July 30th, 2013, 9:44 pm

Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Regulus » July 30th, 2013, 9:47 pm

Just hit enter twice. That way, it creates a new line, and then writes on the line after that. It's just like you would do here:

To separate lines like this.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Ninaroja » July 31st, 2013, 1:02 am

Ah great, thanks. I know how much messed up formatting annoys our host :P

Also, how do you insert a spoiler box? (I'm an absolute computer code n00b)
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest