MLK Writing Contest #19!

MLK Writing Contest #19!

Postby DGFone » June 3rd, 2013, 6:45 am

I know it's late again, but school was being annoying with finals week and all the studying associated with it. By the time I got enough energy back to decide that I will go ahead and create the new contest topics, well, you get the point: it's today. So with that out of the way, here are the following four prompts that you can write for the next two three weeks on:

Kovu takes longer to fall for Kiara
How does Rafiki communicate with the dead?
Mufasa chooses to reveal himself to Simba before Nala finds him again
Stranger in Strange Pride Lands

Normally I would have given the contest two weeks for the writing period, but I discovered that the 17th, the normal deadline, is set during a summer camp where I am volunteering at (no internet connection there). So instead of cutting the deadline short, I decided to let you guys more time for when I will be away. Therefore, the new deadline is: Sunday, June 23rd. This gives you guys plenty of time, so I hope to see plenty of submitted stories.

When you finish with your story, just PM it to me, or send it via a PM attachment. Yes, I still edit those stories that are submitted as a mess to me (yes, I do define a big block of text as a mess), but I won't spend a long time editing stories to be readable when I create the voting topic. If I can't fix the problem with the enter key, then I probably won't do it.

Usual rules apply: The stories cannot exceed more than 4000 words, but need to be more than 1000. The other rules are the same: keep the stories PG-13, no plagiarizing off others, and don't submit something you already wrote previously for something else.

Good luck, and great writing!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #19!

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » June 4th, 2013, 5:29 am

Rafiki is very fun to write! Whose with me?
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby FlipMode » June 6th, 2013, 10:15 pm

[quote="DGFone"]
[/quote]

Is that like... Using an OC?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » June 6th, 2013, 11:04 pm

[quote="FlipMode"][quote="DGFone"]
[/quote]

Is that like... Using an OC?[/quote]

It's as in read said prompt and determine for yourself. :P
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby DGFone » June 16th, 2013, 8:56 am

One more week left! This is also very likely to be the last reminder, as I will be gone for the week. So while I am gone:

Get to writing!
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby DGFone » June 22nd, 2013, 7:31 pm

So I was given a very nice end-of-summer-camp surprise today in the form of a submission to the writing contest today, but that makes it still the only current submission. Tomorrow's the last day!
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Pocahontas » June 27th, 2013, 9:39 pm

Um, I guess I'm writing one now.
Pocahontas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Average Nerd

Pride Points: 7

Postby DGFone » June 27th, 2013, 11:43 pm

Yes you are. :P

There is no way that I am getting around to posting the next topic before Sunday, so you guys have yet another few days to relax and write your stories.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Carl » June 28th, 2013, 12:13 am

I'll see if I can whip something up in that time too.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby DGFone » June 30th, 2013, 11:50 pm

Yet another extension for you guys. :P

I'll be moving, so I won't have any computer access for the next few days starting... later today. So instead of cutting it short, I will let you guys relax and have a few more days to write. It's not a long extension, one or two days only, but still gives a bit more breathing room if you are stressing... or more time to procrastinate on writing. :P
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest