MLK Writing Contest #18

MLK Writing Contest #18

Postby DGFone » April 26th, 2013, 5:00 am

I decided to make this contest a special one. Because there were three winners last time, this is what I decided: instead of having the standard three prompts followed by the winner's prompt, for this contest, there will only be three: one from each winner. Now that you know why there are less than the usual number of prompts, here is what you will get to write on for the next two weeks:

What if Simba left the Pride Lands, but not due to Mufasa's death
What if Rafiki knew Scar was planning to kill Mufasa?
Scar takes Sarabi as his queen after Mufasa's death

Just realized that two prompts include the phrase "Mufasa's death". Don't worry, that's just a coincidence. :P

I'm actually going to give you guys a little over two weeks for this contest, in order to try and bring it back to a more timely schedule. Therefore, you guys have until Sunday, May 10th to submit your stories in to me.

When you finish with your story, just PM it to me, or send it via a PM attachment. Yes, I still edit those stories that are submitted as a mess to me (yes, I do define a big block of text as a mess), but I won't spend a long time editing stories to be readable when I create the voting topic. If I can't fix the problem with the enter key, then I probably won't do it.

Usual rules apply: The stories cannot exceed more than 4000 words, but need to be more than 1000. The other rules are the same: keep the stories PG-13, no plagiarizing off others, and don't submit something you already wrote previously for something else.

Good luck, and great writing!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #18

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » April 26th, 2013, 5:11 am

Looks good! Let's see if this schedule allows me.
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby DGFone » May 6th, 2013, 7:39 am

One week left! Just a heads up.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby DGFone » May 11th, 2013, 9:02 am

Two days left. I got one submission so far!
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby OuRaion » May 11th, 2013, 9:52 am

These people procrastinate too much...
OuRaion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 60

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » May 11th, 2013, 11:26 pm

^That's what happens when you have RL priorities to deal with :p

I really wanted to join this time but work and personal reasons have been distracting me. To anyone who enters: good luck!!
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby Gemini » May 12th, 2013, 4:34 am

Well, I wasn't planning on writing for this prompt, but I've got nothing better to do and you only have one submission so far so... I'll see what I can do. x) I have but three things to say:

1) Did you send the winners' banners for the last contest yet? I haven't received one and was wondering where they are. Is this just me or have you not made them yet? If not, no rush. XD

2) I'm assuming that this contest ends tomorrow/Sunday, since otherwise you would have ended it by now, so I'm just going to correct you and say this so no one gets confused... Sunday is the 12th, not the 10th. (t's alright, I get dates mixed up all the time too. The only reason I know is because my birthday's on the 17th and it's a Friday this year. lol)

3) Lastly, good luck to everyone who enters (possibly including me... I'm not sure yet). I know I can't wait to read what you guys put out. :D

Twin
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby DGFone » May 12th, 2013, 4:40 am

[quote="GeminiGemelo"]
1) Did you send the winners' banners for the last contest yet? I haven't received one and was wondering where they are. Is this just me or have you not made them yet? If not, no rush. XD

2) I'm assuming that this contest ends tomorrow/Sunday, since otherwise you would have ended it by now, so I'm just going to correct you and say this so no one gets confused... Sunday is the 12th, not the 10th. (t's alright, I get dates mixed up all the time too. The only reason I know is because my birthday's on the 17th and it's a Friday this year. lol)
[/quote]

1) Nope, I didn't create he winning banner yet. Expect it in a few hours. :P

2) That is correct, the contest ends tomorrow on the 12th. And because of what school is planning to place on me, I will not extend the deadline this time, so be there or be square.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby DGFone » May 13th, 2013, 1:42 am

Only about 6 hours left! Get to writing!

Still only one submission...
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Gemini » May 13th, 2013, 4:39 am

[quote="DGFone"]

1) Nope, I didn't create he winning banner yet. Expect it in a few hours. :P

2) That is correct, the contest ends tomorrow on the 12th. And because of what school is planning to place on me, I will not extend the deadline this time, so be there or be square.[/quote]

1) Alright, just got it. Looks good. :) And I get it... school is annoying this time of year. >.> Luckily after this week my dang AP tests are over.

2) That's fine then. I guess all these busy/procrastinating/non-writing people are lucky, because last I checked, it's hip to be square... if you know what I mean. 8-) (And yes, I did just quote a song that's about a decade older than I am. Hopefully some older person got it. lol)

Twin
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest