MLK Writing Contest #15!

MLK Writing Contest #15!

Postby DGFone » January 7th, 2013, 6:54 am

Here is a nice twist on the writing contest formula: for this contest, you guys are getting the usual three normal prompts, as well as two winner-created prompts. One from me for winning the previous contest (yes, I did rig the voting round *wink*), and one from Scar's Mate (UruSarabiNala), who didn't give me her prompt in time for the previous contest. So here are your guys' five prompts that you will be able to write on for the next two weeks!

If Kovu really was Scar's son
Nuka surviving the attack on Simba
Timon leading his colony to the jungle
If Mufasa married Sarafina instead of Sarabi
Simba finding a way to tame Kiara

Even though there are five prompts instead of four, the time limit will still be two weeks to write a story. Therefore, the deadline is: Monday, January 20th! When you finish with your story, just PM it to me, or send it via a PM attachment.

Usual rules apply: The stories cannot exceed more than 4000 words . However, there is also now a minimum requirement of 1000 words as well. The other rules are the same: keep the stories PG-13, no plagiarizing, and don't submit something you already wrote previously. Don't vote for yourself, and don't ask others to vote for your story either.

I've been noticing it lately, so I'll also kindly ask that you try and at least format-edit your stories. I try to do it when I post the voting rounds, but I don't catch all the proper formatting (and sometimes I get a big block of text and format it myself).

Complaining's out of the way, so:

Good luck, and good writing!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #15!

Postby OuRaion » January 7th, 2013, 11:03 pm

Umm, nope.

This contest is rigged, so I'm not entering this month.
OuRaion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 60

Postby Pocahontas » January 7th, 2013, 11:12 pm

[quote="OuRaion"]Umm, nope.

This contest is rigged, so I'm not entering this month.[/quote]
How is it rigged?
Pocahontas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Average Nerd

Pride Points: 7

Postby Regulus » January 7th, 2013, 11:14 pm

He's just joking. The contest isn't rigged.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby OuRaion » January 7th, 2013, 11:29 pm

But I'm still not entering.
OuRaion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » January 8th, 2013, 8:39 am

I might.
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Check Y'all

Nickname(s): Link, Kitva KKVK4
Pride Points: 17

Postby Ninaroja » January 8th, 2013, 7:01 pm

Think I'll have a go this month. Good luck, everyone!
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby DGFone » January 9th, 2013, 12:43 am

[quote="DGFone"](yes, I did rig the voting round *wink*)[/quote]

Don't worry, it's NOT actually rigged. :lol: After all, I've only won twice after some eleven contests. If I actually would have rigged it, I would have won far more often.

So, OuRaion, still not entering?
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby OuRaion » January 9th, 2013, 12:46 am

Nope, not entering.
OuRaion

Postby DGFone » January 9th, 2013, 12:50 am

^ That's alright. The contest only really serves to encourage people to write great TLK fan-fiction, and I really can't care any less about winners and stuff, but other people seem to. :P

This contest is 10000% voluntary, and I swear that I won't find out where you live and force you to write a story at gunpoint.

Unless you're a certain very bright star in the Leo constellation... :evil:
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest