MLK Writing Contest #7!

Re: MLK Writing Contest #7!

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » June 1st, 2012, 8:15 am

Anyone wanna share writing tips?

I let it brainstorm for a few days and then write.
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby Carl » June 1st, 2012, 8:18 am

I don't think I have any writing tips except one: Pay attention to your grammar!

Cos myself, I just sit down and start typing after thinking about it for maybe a few hours. I don't think that'll help any. I'm sure everyone else will have stories that are much better thought out and more well-written than mine on their own. That last contest was fierce!
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby DGFone » June 1st, 2012, 8:28 am

To add to that: Also pay attention to your formatting. A well formatted story can look really bad if there are formatting problems in it.

This is why I strongly encourage you guys to read over your own stories even after I start the voting, so that if there are formatting errors, which can be easily made during conversion to the post, I will be able to change them.

I won't change grammar and spelling errors, though. That's your job to fix those before you submit the stories to me. :P
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » June 2nd, 2012, 6:17 am

What if there is 100 entrys?
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Check Y'all

Nickname(s): Link, Kitva KKVK4
Pride Points: 17

Postby DGFone » June 2nd, 2012, 6:29 am

Let's see how many entries I will get first before deciding. :P
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby FlipMode » June 2nd, 2012, 7:04 am

[quote="YFWE"]What if there are 40 entries? How about 50? 60?[/quote]

What if someone lies and there is 39 entires instead of 40? That's what I want to know.

@writting tips, I don't know, I just put music on and wing it as I go along. Not like it's hugely important like a personal paperback, it's just a contest for fun n' stuff
On that note, i'm going to try and write an entry later :3
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » June 3rd, 2012, 8:32 am

Don't write 2 storys at once?
I Haven't really started the entry for this one. And i am only half way through my entry on AWAYCC 2012.
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Check Y'all

Postby FlipMode » June 3rd, 2012, 8:59 am

So where it says the contest ends June 10th, I'm assuming you mean that it's the deadline for submitting on right?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » June 3rd, 2012, 9:01 am

Yes, it's the deadline for submitting the stories. That leaves just over a week left!

Man, for me it like enough days for ten contests have gone by since I created this topic. So long ago... I swore several times that it was already over, but no, not yet. Eight more days!
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » June 3rd, 2012, 10:04 am

OMG I WANA WIN!!!!
enter, i must
~Inspired by Yoda
Last edited by Kitva Hyperlink on June 4th, 2012, 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Check Y'all

PreviousNext

Return to MLK Writing Contest