MLK Writing Contest #2!

MLK Writing Contest #2!

Postby Azdgari » August 10th, 2011, 7:45 pm

Hey everybody! Weeeelllllcome to MLK's writing contest, the place where MLK's many writers will strut their stuff! Here's the lowdown:

You will write a short story to answer one of the following prompts:
Write about Simba's journey through the desert back to Pride Rock to stop Scar.
Write about a meeting between Kovu and Kiara while they were still cubs.
Write about Nala's experiences searching for Simba in the jungle.

The target length of the story is 2000 words. This isn't a required length, however. If you can write a knockout story in 500 words, you're the bomb dot com. Similarly if you end up a few hundred words over we'll let it slide. But please try not to go too far over 2000, since voters will be having to read all of these entries.

Obvious rules apply; you may not use a prewritten fanfic, you may not plagiarize, standard deck with 52 cards, etc.

The deadline is August 20th. Please Private Message your entries to me. Don't post them here, as I'm keeping the stories anonymous in order to ensure fairness.

The winner will receive a victory bar from the dashing Flipmode and a national holiday.

Good luck to all, and if you have any comments or problems, please post them here! ^^
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Re: MLK Writing Contest #2!

Postby Azdgari » August 16th, 2011, 5:35 am

Six days in and just one entry?
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TheLionQueen » August 16th, 2011, 5:38 am

Wow thats odd? I can't believe no one has joined but one person.
TheLionQueen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Rachel or TLQ
Pride Points: 33

Postby Misiziri » August 16th, 2011, 5:59 am

Hm...
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby FlipMode » August 16th, 2011, 9:19 am

Oh my - I did not even realise this thread had been made >.>. I will try to have something in by the 20th, little pressed on time though so it may be up to the last minute at this point =D
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby Azdgari » August 16th, 2011, 4:57 pm

It'll be extended. No worries. ^^
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Postby Komala » August 17th, 2011, 4:02 am

I'm writing something up now. I'll have it ready by the 20th.
"Believe, when you lie/you will never need to recognize the source/of deceipt/to renew your faith in God/you must believe, in your lie/the redemption is complete when you conceive/and decline/to release your lives/sacrificed to me."
-Disturbed
Komala
Kovu for President =P

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Outsider from the inside

Nickname(s): Adam
Pride Points: 3

Postby Azdgari » August 21st, 2011, 4:25 am

Well y'all, we've got two entries. :3
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Postby WildSimba » August 21st, 2011, 4:27 am

Sorry, I was gonna write something, but I forgot. 3:
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Misiziri » August 21st, 2011, 4:28 am

I was writing something but I realized I wasn't writing about any of the given topics D:
Misiziri

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest