MLK Writing Contest #1 Winner!

MLK Writing Contest #1 Winner!

Postby Azdgari » July 27th, 2011, 7:36 pm

Congratulations to Gunner for winning the first fanfiction contest! You can head over to the voting topic if you'd like to read it, it's entry #6. Gunner, your userbar will be created by Flip... sometime... but for now everyone's fawning adoration will have to do!

Entry #9, YFWE's, came in second place.
Last edited by Azdgari on July 28th, 2011, 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Re: MLK Writing Contest #1 Winner!

Postby DGFone » July 27th, 2011, 8:17 pm

Great job guys! Congratulations to you, Gunner and Letters!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby YFWE » July 27th, 2011, 10:01 pm

I'm certainly not disappointed -- Gunner's was the fanfic for which I voted, so if I was gonna go down, I wanted to go down to that marvelous piece of writing. A likable OC, smart and interesting dialogue, easy to read without anything glaring that takes you out of the experience -- plus, Timon and Pumbaa were deliciously in character. I can't count the number of times where someone just writes them... weirdly, like they're totally different characters from what they were in the films. All in all, a lovely showing, congrats!

Az, do you mind if we post our stories to the main fanfic board, or would you rather that they stay in here?

Also, my entry was No. 9, not 7. T___T
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby Azdgari » July 28th, 2011, 8:04 am

What, you come to my subforum and correct me? Don't tell me how to run my contest. Don't tell me how to live my life!

Yeah, sure, post away! They all deserve to be admired individually! ^^
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby FlipMode » July 28th, 2011, 11:59 pm

Congratulations Gunner, and of course I must say it seemed to be pretty superb entries all round, nice job everyone ^^
Also, I present the winner-bar thing =D

Congrats again, Gunner!
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby TheLionQueen » July 29th, 2011, 12:01 am

Great job Gunner! I think I was entry 3 well I know I was the shortest entry it's good that I lost to a good writer like yourself Gunner great job! :D
TheLionQueen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Rachel or TLQ
Pride Points: 33

Postby TheGunner18 » July 29th, 2011, 8:28 am

Thanks guys! I'm amazed that I managed to actually win it. They were all great entries and, honestly, when I read entry 9 (Letters') I thought I had no chance. Unsurprisingly, I think, I voted for entry 9 :P

And yes, I'm on holiday in Fuerteventura at this very moment but I have managed to get sone wi-fi :D Thanks again, everyone XD
All credit goes to SimbaObsesser for the awesome signature!
TheGunner18
Over thinking, over analysing

Separates the body from the mind...

Nickname(s): Gunner, gun, I don't care what you call me.
Pride Points: 17

Postby TheGunner18 » July 29th, 2011, 8:28 am

Sorry for double post :S Unreliable wifi
Last edited by TheGunner18 on July 29th, 2011, 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
All credit goes to SimbaObsesser for the awesome signature!
TheGunner18
Over thinking, over analysing

Separates the body from the mind...

Nickname(s): Gunner, gun, I don't care what you call me.
Pride Points: 17

Postby Komala » July 31st, 2011, 4:28 am

Congrats Gunner! It was a very well written story. It looked like you were going to have a tie with someone else towards the end of it lol.
"Believe, when you lie/you will never need to recognize the source/of deceipt/to renew your faith in God/you must believe, in your lie/the redemption is complete when you conceive/and decline/to release your lives/sacrificed to me."
-Disturbed
Komala
Kovu for President =P

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Outsider from the inside

Nickname(s): Adam
Pride Points: 3

Postby FlamingBee » August 1st, 2011, 5:01 pm

Congratulations! I definetly thought they were my favourite two :3 Mine was entry 5, good practice I suppose :L
FlamingBee
Rawrrr....

Fan Forever! <3

Nickname(s): Bee,Flame
Pride Points: 2

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest