My Explanation for Oddly Colored Lions

My Explanation for Oddly Colored Lions

Postby Kianga » November 10th, 2010, 9:53 pm

I'm not sure if this is in the right place. If not, move it. There are lots of lion and big cat characters floating around with bright colors like blue and purple and I finally came up with an explanation as to why those would exist. Keep in mind this is my personal explanation for it. I'm not telling anyone they have to adopt this view. My new view is that whenever a lion or other big cat is born with oddly colored fur or markings, it means that they have magical powers of some sort and in this way, a pair of perfectly normal looking lions could give birth to a cub that had green fur or something of that nature. Still doesn't help in hiding from predators or when they're older concealing themselves from prey but I thought it was a pretty good theory as to how oddly colored felines could exist. This was kinda inspired by the fact my light blue lioness, Raskada, is a shape shifter and healer and a lot of times brightly colored feline characters do end up having some sort of magic power I've noticed.
Kianga

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

sassy lionesspanther

Nickname(s): KL, Koudo
Pride Points: 2

Re: My Explanation for Oddly Colored Lions

Postby SnowyCheetah » November 10th, 2010, 11:56 pm

Fantasy.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby TheRoguePrince » November 10th, 2010, 11:58 pm

I think you're right Snowy
TheRoguePrince

Postby Kianga » November 11th, 2010, 12:14 am

[quote="SnowyCheetah"]Fantasy.[/quote]

Obviously.
Kianga

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

sassy lionesspanther

Postby Shade » November 11th, 2010, 5:07 am

Damnnn.
^Made by Taka

Spoiler: show
THE GAME

"I'm the only one who's gonna die when it's time for me to die. So let me live my life the way I want to."
-Jimi Hendrix
Shade

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby WildSimba » November 11th, 2010, 5:14 am

[quote="TheRoguePrince"]I think you're right Snowy[/quote]

^seconded
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby xLilacVixenx » November 11th, 2010, 11:00 am

I always thought it was the lighting, but it's a thought. :)
'Cause you're beautiful. Like no other. Flawless, absolutely flawless.
<3
xLilacVixenx
ƒℓυттєяsнγ ƒαиαтìc

Pride Points: 13

Postby Kianga » November 11th, 2010, 3:38 pm

Care to explain that thought further?^^

Also it's really obvious that a pink lion with magic powers is fantasy. There's no need for a special effort to be made to point that out. I just felt like sharing my thoughts. If you don't like them, fine. I started out by saying no one had to adopt my views for themselves.
Kianga

sassy lionesspanther

Postby xLilacVixenx » November 11th, 2010, 6:12 pm

I never said it was true at all, I said it was your thought and I had no objection towards it. It's your opinion/idea and you have a right to post them. :)

Well, it could be that the lighting makes a difference for their color. Since in Simba's Pride most of the hues at Pride Rock are a purple/orange/pink color. When we move to the dark areas, such as nighttime, their fur color changes to a darker grey. Take Nala for instance:

In this image we see Nala correctly colored: http://www.mylionking.com/resources/sit ... ab_155.jpg

However with this image we see her skin tone change slightly. Notice the background is pink/purple now: http://www.mylionking.com/resources/sit ... ab_179.jpg

Now, moving on to other lionesses, we have this group. In this darker, black-blue-pink image background tone, we can see that the lionesses have a grey shading (Lionesses in the background): http://www.mylionking.com/resources/sit ... ab_894.jpg

But in the last scene their color is changed more: http://www.mylionking.com/resources/sit ... ab_950.jpg

Do you see what I mean? Kiara has the same thing too in the Exile scene.
'Cause you're beautiful. Like no other. Flawless, absolutely flawless.
<3
xLilacVixenx
ƒℓυттєяsнγ ƒαиαтìc

Pride Points: 13

Postby Kianga » November 11th, 2010, 7:14 pm

I appreciate your support.^^ That second statement wasn't directed to you though so no worries. Those are interesting thoughts. I know in the movies, lighting does affect how the characters' fur color looks. At night a lot of times, their fur usually has a greenish or bluish tint to it.
Kianga

sassy lionesspanther

Next

Return to The Den