My Explanation for Oddly Colored Lions

Re: My Explanation for Oddly Colored Lions

Postby WindAnnWise » February 23rd, 2012, 7:58 pm

That's an interesting theory. I should share it with my best friend. She makes a lot of characters that are odd-colored. I don't think any of them have magic powers, though.
I am also a big fan of: Phantom of the Opera, High School Musical, Harry Potter, Disney in general, Days of Our Lives, musicals in general, Dr. Seuss in general and the Grinch.

"Sometimes, it's better not to say anything."- Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson
WindAnnWise
The Quiet One

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Is anybody out there?

Nickname(s): Windy, Wind Ann
Pride Points: 5

Postby Regulus » February 23rd, 2012, 9:47 pm

What? I thought it was because of permanent markers. :P
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby AdAstrα » February 23rd, 2012, 10:02 pm

Haha ^ xP

Well I have a lion OC with some magical powers and she has special markings all over her body so I'm kind of buying this explanation xD She has normal colours though. i don't really do super colourful characters....unless it's a fantasy type of creature.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Eli_Ayase » February 23rd, 2012, 10:08 pm

It doesn't matter what colour is your OC >.> it's your OC and you do whatever you want with it, lol, I have colourful lions, what's soo bad about that? :P It's art, not real life.
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby AdAstrα » February 23rd, 2012, 10:37 pm

Well each to their own, I don't mind other people having colourful lions etc. and I don't think there's anything wrong with it because like you said, art is art and doesn't have to resemble reality in any way. It's just not something I would personally do with an OC :) Not sure why, I love using colours, but the thought doesn't quite appeal to me I guess. I might change my mind at some point haha.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Jiirani » February 23rd, 2012, 11:56 pm

Eh, seems a little bit overboard to say every single sparkle lion possesses magic powers. I understand the reason you'd come up with an explanation like that but really it all just comes down to the creators well, creativity. It isn't possible for normal lions to have a blue cub IRL but in fantasy you can do anything and that's my 'logical' explanation I suppose.

I prefer normal colours but i don't mind sparkle lions, they're ok
¯\ ( ^3^)/¯

tumblr | TLK blog | art by shyre
Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Restoring light to the lighthouse

Nickname(s): Eli, Jii, Lion
Pride Points: 62

Previous

Return to The Den