Is #BlackLivesMatter a legit movement or black supremacy?

Is #BlackLivesMatter a legit movement or black supremacy?

Legit Movement
56%
Black Supremacists
37%
Other
7%

Total votes : 27

Re: Is #BlackLivesMatter a legit movement or black supremacy

Postby DGFone » July 14th, 2016, 7:10 am

The most ironic thing I see about the movement is that, due to police forces feeling like they are unable to police "black" neighborhoods (and cities) effectively without risking their officers' lives, so they simply leave those places alone.

The end results are that said neighborhoods (and cities) don't have to deal with the few bad cops. In exchange, they get skyrocketing crime rates, because you know, lack of police presence and all.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby TheLionPrince » July 14th, 2016, 10:27 pm

[quote="Chavratheserval"]Oh, if you got your source from Fox news, that is the most biased news network ever. Go to CNN for your sources please.[/quote]

No, Fox News is not the most biased cable news network ever. A few years ago, a Pew Study research concluded MSNBC was the most opinionated cable news network. Meanwhile, Fox News and CNN were almost 50-50 percent news and opinion. Regardless of what everyone thinks of Fox News, I just wanted to address that some BLM protestors were calling for violence against police officers. Fox News just happened to be one of the sources reporting this truth.

[quote="Chavratheserval"]Black people are getting killed by police and most of the time there's no justice. I feel scared now, for my own daddy to be driving in a car. Cause Im afraid the wrong police officer is going to come up and shoot him. I should not feel that way... at all. How would you feel about that? Just because of your skin. Its not right. Thats what Black lives matter really is all about. More equality for us. Just because I support this fully, that doesnt make me hate you guys, I love everyone.[/quote]

I understand your burden and I share it, too, but don't jump to conclusions just yet that police officers are killing black civilians because of their skin color. Like you and EltonJohn said, every group has a few extremists or "bad apples" in them. I won't judge every police officers just because of a few corrupt ones and neither will judge the entire #BlackLivesMatter movement just by a few violent protestors. Both groups have a "loud minority" for the news media to sensationalized with.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Regulus » July 15th, 2016, 12:57 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]No, Fox News is not the most biased cable news network ever. A few years ago, a Pew Study research concluded MSNBC was the most opinionated cable news network. Meanwhile, Fox News and CNN were almost 50-50 percent news and opinion. Regardless of what everyone thinks of Fox News, I just wanted to address that some BLM protestors were calling for violence against police officers. Fox News just happened to be one of the sources reporting this truth.[/quote]

They're all biased. You can't get real news from corporate media.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Azdgari » July 15th, 2016, 5:18 pm

This issue, like so many, breeds so much polarization. It's like there are two camps, and you have to be in one or the other, there's no middle ground.

I think that it really handicaps the discussion, both in this forum and in the nation as a whole. Yes, blacks are systemically oppressed in some serious ways--statistics on police brutality are complex and tough to wade through, but things like sentencing bias are, if you will pardon an awful pun, pretty black and white.

Alternatively, BLM and many of its supporters have curiously and, to me, infuriatingly stripped themselves of a sense of agency. For instance, the breakdown of black families (particularly fathers) caused by absenteeism, births out of wedlock, and other examples of irresponsibility contributes to their sky-high rates of violent crime, low educational attainment, poverty, on and on and on. (See sources earlier in the topic). There is no external force to blame: it is a failing of the community and can only be corrected by the community. But where is the outrage? Where is the sense of 'we need to, together, lean in and tackle this problem'? If it's present, it certainly hasn't been very visible.

Protesting and civil disobedience can be important in effecting change. Perhaps equally important is to lean in, fight, beat the odds, raise a successful career and/or family, and then lead by example.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Chavratheserval » July 15th, 2016, 6:22 pm

[quote="TheLionPrince"][quote="Chavratheserval"]Oh, if you got your source from Fox news, that is the most biased news network ever. Go to CNN for your sources please.[/quote]

No, Fox News is not the most biased cable news network ever. A few years ago, a Pew Study research concluded MSNBC was the most opinionated cable news network. Meanwhile, Fox News and CNN were almost 50-50 percent news and opinion. Regardless of what everyone thinks of Fox News, I just wanted to address that some BLM protestors were calling for violence against police officers. Fox News just happened to be one of the sources reporting this truth.

[quote="Chavratheserval"]Black people are getting killed by police and most of the time there's no justice. I feel scared now, for my own daddy to be driving in a car. Cause Im afraid the wrong police officer is going to come up and shoot him. I should not feel that way... at all. How would you feel about that? Just because of your skin. Its not right. Thats what Black lives matter really is all about. More equality for us. Just because I support this fully, that doesnt make me hate you guys, I love everyone.[/quote]

I understand your burden and I share it, too, but don't jump to conclusions just yet that police officers are killing black civilians because of their skin color. Like you and EltonJohn said, every group has a few extremists or "bad apples" in them. I won't judge every police officers just because of a few corrupt ones and neither will judge the entire #BlackLivesMatter movement just by a few violent protestors. Both groups have a "loud minority" for the news media to sensationalized with.[/quote]

Oh, no...you've got me wrong,there a lot of good police officers out there and I know that. I 've got nothing against police officers. Now the ones that go and shoot because of color...that's the problem.There was no justice for them when they got killed. That's what I meant. :P
Hey there! :glad:
Nicest person you'll ever meet. :P

Love the Lion king! ;)

Check out my Deviantart page!http://sonicboom4560.deviantart.com/
Chavratheserval
NO WAY NO HOW I WON'T SAY I'M

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

my special BROWNIE in life

Nickname(s): Rere
Pride Points: 10

Postby SlayerOfLight » July 16th, 2016, 11:54 am

I think it's Black Supremacy in disguise, really. Not saying all of them do, but many black people have a certain victem mentality. Yes, racism against black people happens, but also vice versa. Racism is two-sided, comming from both black and white people. Let's say I make a group called ''White lives matter'' then by many it would be automatically asumed to be racist, but when black people create a group called ''black lives matter'' it's not racist??? Bullshit if you ask me. In South Africa there's a lot of racism against white people, so as I said, racism is really two-sided. My issue with Black Lives Matter is that they only seem to focus against racism towards black people and not racism in general, including Asian people. (corect me if I'm wrong though)
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Elton John » July 18th, 2016, 8:02 pm

http://www.kansascity.com/news/state/ka ... 47307.html

Black lives matter protest becomes a bbq cookout with the police.

Oh gosh oh gee it's almost as if what i said was true, most people in blm want peaceful solutions and most cops aren't corrupt trigger happy lunatics. The bad ones spoil the whole thing for everyone.

But will the mainstream media channels cover this?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Chavratheserval » July 19th, 2016, 9:28 am

[quote="MetalHeart"]I think it's Black Supremacy in disguise, really. Not saying all of them do, but many black people have a certain victem mentality. Yes, racism against black people happens, but also vice versa. Racism is two-sided, comming from both black and white people. Let's say I make a group called ''White lives matter'' then by many it would be automatically asumed to be racist, but when black people create a group called ''black lives matter'' it's not racist??? Bullshit if you ask me. In South Africa there's a lot of racism against white people, so as I said, racism is really two-sided. My issue with Black Lives Matter is that they only seem to focus against racism towards black people and not racism in general, including Asian people. (corect me if I'm wrong though)[/quote]

There is racism towards every race, but it is not as bad as it is to blacks. If you ask me, down here in Florida, I havent seen a racist comment toward a white person yet. Take it from me, I am one. Why are we saying Black lives matter? Is it racist? NO. What they're trying to say is, it is black people getting shot down by the few bad apples of police. Do they get justice?? NO. And they are protesting against that. Are white people getting shot down like that without any justice at all? No. Its black people getting shot down. They are protesting that black lives matter, and shouldn't be taken for granted without any justice. I know you said many, but thats quite a lot isn't it? I disagree. Sorry if i sound like I'm getting frustrated or anrgy. Just trying to get my point across.

Love the Lion king! ;)

Chavratheserval

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Chavratheserval » July 23rd, 2016, 11:01 pm

Okay, MAYBE we should close this thread, I'm not getting happy friendly vibe like we usually do around here. It feels like hatred, anger, and digust. And a few bits of sadness. There is nothing mostly good or nice or understanding in this thread right now. What I'm trying to say is, the atmosphere is not good. Maybe I'm the only one feeling this. :/

Love the Lion king! ;)

Chavratheserval

Postby SlayerOfLight » July 24th, 2016, 12:13 am

Closing this thread only because not everyone agrees with you or thinks the same like you? Well then.... Just so you know, I am not being hateful angry or disgusted or anything like that here.

And sorry for the fact I haven't been able to reply for a while, because I was quite busy. But seriously, it's all just exaggeration. Racism against white people happens quite frequently, but it just doesn't happen to be reported as much by the politically correct mainstream media. Black people getting shot down is most of the time because they don't listen to police officers and don't follow their orders during an arrest. You have to wonder what may drive a police officer to shoot someone in the first place; FEAR. because it is not uncommon these days for some retard to take out a gun and start shooting people randomly. Police officers are human as well, and they too make mistakes, even very stupid mistakes at times. And as I said before, in South Africa there is plenty of racism against white people. A friend of mine who visited some place in Africa long ago was even arrested for being in a area forbidden to white people where only black people were allowed. Even though you may not have seen racist comments towards white people, I have seen plenty of black people ranting about white people or making racist comments as well. So no, not just racism against black people needs a voice, but racism against EVERY race.
SlayerOfLight

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

PreviousNext

Return to The Den