POTUS

Re: POTUS

Postby DGFone » February 9th, 2016, 3:38 am

[quote="S1mb4 D4 L10n"]Seems like everyone here is either #feelthebern or "not Trump" :P[/quote]
I am certainly not pro Trump - he's for big corporations working with big government - a fascist.
Nor am I pro Bernie either. So I guess I fall under the "not Trump" category.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Tora » February 9th, 2016, 4:06 am

Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Squeely » February 9th, 2016, 5:00 am

Anyone but Trump, really. Worst candidate ever. He makes other horrible candidates like Ted Cruz look great by comparison. (I mean no offense to any Republicans, but both are homophobic which automatically makes me consider them bad choices) Bernie's the only decent candidate imo.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Marizzle » February 9th, 2016, 1:50 pm

[quote="Squeely"]Anyone but Trump, really. Worst candidate ever. He makes other horrible candidates like Ted Cruz look great by comparison. (I mean no offense to any Republicans, but both are homophobic which automatically makes me consider them bad choices) Bernie's the only decent candidate imo.[/quote]
This is exactly what I'd say. I usually don't get into politics, but I've read info about the campaign of a few candidates (mostly those of Trump, Cruz, Bernie and Hillary) and my opinion is pretty much like Squeely's.
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby it means no worries » February 9th, 2016, 2:30 pm

I understand some of Trump's immigration ideas but I don't buy into how he'd implement them.

Also as far as i can tell the reason for his homophobic attitude is justified-he's fine with civil partnership but not with a religious marriage-and I agree, gay marriage is against most world religions and ministers should not be forced to marry a homosexual couple.
Last edited by it means no worries on February 9th, 2016, 5:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby Marizzle » February 9th, 2016, 2:54 pm

[quote="it means no worries"]I understand some of Trump's immigration ideas but I don't buy into how he'd implement them.[/quote]
Exactly. I think he has some positive/good ideas, but the way he wants to implement them isn't the most correct one. It kind of makes me think about Hitler, since some people believe he had a few positive ideals (like animal protection or anti-smoking), but, unfortunately, the bad ideals outnumbered the good ones. :?
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Postby HereWeStand » February 9th, 2016, 3:58 pm

[quote="Marizzle"]It kind of makes me think about Hitler, since some people believe he had a few positive ideals (like animal protection or anti-smoking)[/quote]

About that... He certainly wasn't very empathetic for his dog in the end, sadly. Not sure if that 'ideal' was just him trying to potray Nazism in a more positive light. IMHO it's healthy to try seeing different perspectives of someone who is usually completely demonized before passing your own judgement but let's not get carried away in Hitler's (very strange) case.

On topic... I think I can safely say a fair amount of Europeans are worried about Trump right now. Part of me thinks there's no way someone that extreme could be elected, but I've seen a lot of Americans' political attitudes that match his. Yikes. (I think Ninaroja nailed this in her post.) Normally I don't support anyone during elections (too much unfixable corruption where I'm from) but if I were American I'd be voting for Sanders in a heartbeat.
HereWeStand
-

Postby it means no worries » February 9th, 2016, 4:25 pm

An example of a controversial topic of his that i agree with in principal:

Control illegal immigration from mexico.

I do agree that this is a major issues that needs to be sorted, but I do not think a massive wall costing billions of dollars is the answer. Personally I think there needs to be more checkpoints set up on the border and more boots on the ground. Or even better, have an agreement like the UK does with France, where we can put checkpoints in France and so stop unwanted immigrants before they ever even set foot in our country.
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby Marizzle » February 9th, 2016, 6:36 pm

[quote="HereWeStand"]About that... He certainly wasn't very empathetic for his dog in the end, sadly. Not sure if that 'ideal' was just him trying to potray Nazism in a more positive light. IMHO it's healthy to try seeing different perspectives of someone who is usually completely demonized before passing your own judgement but let's not get carried away in Hitler's (very strange) case.[/quote]
Well, I agree with you. I was just giving an example of someone whose ideals and ways of implementation split the public opinion. :think:

[quote="HereWeStand"]Part of me thinks there's no way someone that extreme could be elected, but I've seen a lot of Americans' political attitudes that match his.[/quote]
Same here. It actually still surprises me. :?
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Stronger than fear

Postby TheLionPrince » February 10th, 2016, 5:38 pm

Honestly, I do not want to see Donald Trump win the general nomination for the Republican Party, but I can understand why the people are supporting him. A big majority comes from the dissatisfaction of the Republican Congress's inability to halt President Obama and the Democrat's progressive agenda. Some of it stems from racism and xenophobia from their fear of illegal Mexican immigrants and radical Islamic terrorists, but I find their fear generally justified from last year's killing of Kate Steinle (who was murdered by an immigrant deported three times) and the San Bernardino terrorist killings, in which the government failed to properly vet the couple. The ones who are supporting Trump out of unjustified racism support him because he validates their positions. Nevertheless, he is a master showman, and was almost everything opposite of what the Republican Party stood for two decades as seen in a Tim Russert interview from 1999. While his campaign team is trying to point similarities with Ronald Reagan, who was converted into a conservative Republican after being a life-long Democrat, it does not work for Trump. He seems to supporting anything if he gets him a vote; he supported ethanol subsidies so he could win Iowa and it failed. Reagan's conversation felt genuine since the Democratic Party did turn more liberal during the Kennedy/Johnson years.

I also cannot stand how childish Trump acts sometimes with an example of his boycotting the Iowa Republican debate because he wouldn't take questions from one of their moderators, Megyn Kelly, who actually asked him a genuinely good question about his treatment of women. But Trump's ego is too big for that, and he has tweeted and re-tweeted everything he can say about her. Lastly, at least 76% of his statements are been proved to be false last year that even Politicio awarded him the "Lie of the Year". Even though I disagree on Obama on many issues, he is at least more truthful in the last number of years than Trump has in the last few months.

Is there anything positive you can say about Trump? Well, I support his proposal to finish the construction of a border wall between the United States and Mexico, but I cannot see if elected president, how will he get Mexico to pay for it? Border security is another needed mandate. He proposed mass deportations of illegal immigrants justifying himself with President Eisenhower's Operation Wetback, but in today's political climate, he would not get away with that, and millions of taxpayer's money will be spent on court cases to prevent that. I do support his temporary ban on the Syrian refugees so the government can properly vet them with extensive background checks, but it's false to claim most of the Syrian refugees are young men as some Republican candidates have claimed.

As for now, I support Ted Cruz. I find Bernie Sanders correct on a number of issues with the control and power of the big banks, but I find his support of a single-payer health care system even more extreme than Obamacare. Hillary Clinton has flip-flopped on some many issues that she is almost untrustworthy and did a lackluster job as Secretary of State with more instability in the Middle East following the Arab Spring, where she supported the overthrowing of the secular regimes in Egypt and Libya. Giving her four years in the White House would be a third term for President Obama with more of the same coming from Washington.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

PreviousNext

Return to The Den