Paris Terrorist Attacks

Re: Paris Terrorist Attacks

Postby Kiana » November 15th, 2015, 2:10 am

What you said is true HereWeStand, but the most important thing we can do is aid and pray for the victims and families as of right now, its not much but it will do :) SO U ARE BOTH RIGHT!!! :)

Huge thank you to Carl Skywalker for this amazing signature! And all rights go to him for the buttons

ImageImageImage
Kiana
I Don't Need an Avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I AM the Avatar

Telegram: @Miluca24
Pride Points: 19

Postby DGFone » November 15th, 2015, 6:28 am

The thing about letting refugees in is this:

You let them in, you are making a big mistake. You don't let them in, you are making a big mistake.

There are many of people in the refugee lines who are indeed desperate people who need help to get away from a place that doesn't care about them.

However, only a fool would not think that someone meaning to do ill against the Western World won't take advantage of the wave of refugees to get in and prepare for such an event? To say that this is a complicated issue is an understatement of understatements.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby gothprincesskiara » November 15th, 2015, 6:39 am

Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Marizzle » November 15th, 2015, 12:46 pm

What is starting to bother me, in a way, is how many people are only focusing on the events that happened on Paris, while a lot happened in just 24 hours, all over the world. I've spoken to people who didn't even know that more tragedies happened. This weekend has been hell to our world. :( This image is now starting to circulate:
Attachments
IMG_20151115_024529.jpg
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby Ninaroja » November 15th, 2015, 3:32 pm

In the country I live in, acts of terrorism occurred daily for nearly 30 years - all of which were committed by people who were born and raised here.

Just saying, the terrorists aren't always coming from the outside.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby S1mb4 D4 L10n » November 15th, 2015, 7:53 pm

I agree, and even some of the terrorists in the Paris attack were French citizens. But it's also important to recognize that the ideology that influenced the attackers was not domestic. We now know that most likely one of the attackers got into Europe as a refugee from Syria, there may be more but we don't know as of now. As I said before, I believe moderation is key.

I agree with DGFone, this is one of those real world situations in which both decisions are mistakes. To deny the refugees would be to end their chances at a decent life, but to accept all that came would only increase the chances of foreign terrorists entering Europe, as well as infuse and domesticate misogynistic, non-progressive, third world cultures into the Western world.

That's another thing, the cultures many of these refugees are shaped from are perpendicular to many Western ideals. Just to show a few statistics :

84% of Egyptian Muslims support the death penalty for leaving Islam
86% of Jordanian Muslims support the death penalty for leaving Islam
30% of Indonesian Muslims support the death penalty for leaving Islam
76% of Pakistanis support death the penalty for leaving Islam
51% of Nigerian Muslims support the death penalty for leaving Islam
(http://www.pewglobal.org/2010/12/02/muslims-around-the-world-divided-on-hamas-and-hezbollah/)
83% of Pakistanis support stoning adulterers
78% of Pakistanis support killing apostates
(http://www.realcourage.org/2009/08/pakistan-78-percent-call-for-apostate-deaths/)
81% of Egyptians want strict Sharia imposed in every Islamic country
76% of Pakistanis want strict Sharia imposed in every Islamic country
49% (plurality) of Indonesians want strict Sharia imposed in every Islamic country
76% of Moroccans want strict Sharia imposed in every Islamic country
(http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/pdf/feb09/STARTII_Feb09_rpt.pdf

I could go on, but these statistics are not that difficult to find. The point is this isn't simply immigration from Canada or the United States, where many of the same fundamental ways of life are shared (such as the right to freedom of speech and freedom of religion), these people are often shaped by a culture that is entirely contradictory to ideas that modern liberalism prides itself on.
S1mb4 D4 L10n
A man of knowledge lives by

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

acting, not by thinking about acting.

Nickname(s): S4mb4, Jacket, Jnack, MLK Drama Detective :P
Pride Points: 58

Postby Carl » November 16th, 2015, 2:41 am

I do agree that you have to be careful with these things and that their culture is very... conservative, but at the same time it is also true that some of them genuinely need help and that not all terrorists are foreign. In fact, all of these Americans who want to attack American Muslims in retaliation for these attacks and are planning on doing things like bombing Islamic centers in the US are terrorists themselves, even though they don't understand that. I seriously will never understand why people from other countries committing such acts makes Americans want to kill American citizens simply for sharing the same religion. Islam itself is no worse than Christianity, it's just the application of a religion and the culture of the area that can cause situations like we have in the Middle East.

Anyway, I think it's terrible that acts of terror happen anywhere ever, and I am sorry to hear about the bombings and attacks in Paris and elsewhere. I hope the families of the departed will have as painless a time as is possible in recovering from this tragedy. I hope a large number of the refugees in need of help can get it from somewhere and that all future attacks have lower death tolls... but whether we allow in refugees or not, attacks will still be carried out and people will still be senselessly killed in the name of something or the other. It's sad. =/

I just hope this doesn't prompt American politicians to try anything stupid...
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Leviara_Lioness » November 16th, 2015, 4:15 am

I agree with Dixon, too. We have to be sensitive, and sensible, we cannot let hysteria run away with us! As president Roosevelt , once said, ("we have nothing to fear, but fear it self")
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Leviara_Lioness
Israeli Princess Lioness

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Israeli Princess Cleopah Lioness

Nickname(s): Sarbi, Cleopah, Jasmine, Cleo, Levi or Levira
Pride Points: 59

Postby SlayerOfLight » November 16th, 2015, 2:15 pm

I believe indeed that the whole refugee thing might be a trojan horse (If you may call it that). By taking in millions of people who share a culture, idealogy and religion that is totally different than ours, things are bound to go wrong. Here in the Netherlands A LOT of refugees are misbehaving because things don't go the way they want. As I have said before (and will do so again) not ALL refugees are terrorists or criminals but the issue is; many of those refugees who travel all the way from Syria over here to countries like the Netherlands or Germany look like economic refugees rather than war refugees, they seem to come merely for economic benefits instead of seeking shelter and protection. How do I know? From my own bloody experience here in my own country. Alot of Dutch people here also don't like the intake of refugees, so I'm by far not alone in this.

So if we want to prevent more terrorist attacks, we should close our borders right away and stop the mass immigration of people from the Middle East. Enough is enough.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby HereWeStand » November 17th, 2015, 2:56 pm

Apparently the terrorists have been revealed to be actually EU citizens so far and not refugees, and the Egyptian passport found actually belonged to a victim.
HereWeStand
-

PreviousNext

Return to The Den