Paris Terrorist Attacks

Paris Terrorist Attacks

Postby Ninaroja » November 14th, 2015, 1:17 pm

For anyone who hasn't yet heard, last night in Paris several coordinated terrorist attacks around the city left over 100 people dead and scores more injured. It is the worst attack here in Europe since the Madrid bombings in 2005, and the first time Paris has been under Curfew since the second world war.

I was up until well past 3AM last night glued to my TV and social media, trying to learn any and all information I could, and to try to fathom why such atrocities are able to occur in such a beautiful place.
Use this thread to post your thoughts about the situation. I know this is the World Issues board but please do try to be respectful.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Re: Paris Terrorist Attacks

Postby SlayerOfLight » November 14th, 2015, 1:22 pm

Glad someone made a threat about it.

It's terrible. And yeah, this is the result of allowing those so-called ''refugees'' to nestle themselves in our countries. We need to close our borders and take no more refugees, and send all the remaining refugees back or else it'll only be a matter of time before more terrorist strikes like this will happen.

Thanks alot, Merkel...
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Tsuki » November 14th, 2015, 1:48 pm

^ Erm....Sorry to butt in but you do realise that it is these people that the refugee's are running away from right? It has NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM!!! Don't start pointing fingers at them and playing the blame game. That is EXACTLY what these people want. They want us to start blaming religious groups or refugees when in fact they are just as innocent as the people who lost their lives yesterday. It makes me sick when people are so shallow minded and say things like this.

I was so upset last night and like you Nina I was glued to the BBC News website until the early hours hoping that the 100 people inside the concert hall would be rescued. I burst into tears when I found out the death total. You know....these are just innocent people out enjoying their Friday Night at a concert, football game or restaurant and then this happens. I mean...it could happen anywhere. It's awful :(.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby SlayerOfLight » November 14th, 2015, 2:01 pm

^ ''Oh sure it has nothing to do with them!''

Seriously? Are you... Blind or something? ISIS terrorists are AMONG the refugees, ISIS even said so themselves. Your ignorance is killing me. In our country refugees are even causing ALOT of sh#t, they complain, fight, harass our women, and here you come claiming ALL of them are innocent. lol, just lol... You are the living evidence now naive people can be these days.

SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ninaroja » November 14th, 2015, 2:05 pm

[quote="Nicholas"]Glad someone made a threat about it.

It's terrible. And yeah, this is the result of allowing those so-called ''refugees'' to nestle themselves in our countries. We need to close our borders and take no more refugees, and send all the remaining refugees back or else it'll only be a matter of time before more terrorist strikes like this will happen.

Thanks alot, Merkel...[/quote]

I feel like that's quite a generalisation there - like Tsuki and many others all around the world have said the perpetrators of these attacks are the people the refugees are trying to get away from in the first place.

In the same way that the Westboro Baptist Church and the KKK are not a true reflection of Christianity, we cannot use the actions of these extremists to condemn entire nations of people and an entire religion.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Tsuki » November 14th, 2015, 2:10 pm

[quote="Ninaroja"]

In the same way that the Westboro Baptist Church and the KKK are not a true reflection of Christianity, we cannot use the actions of these extremists to condemn entire nations of people and an entire religion.[/quote]

^ This. Just This.

People are dead and here you are calling me Naive. Wow...Ok. Not all refugees are members of ISIS and not all Muslims are members of ISIS. I'm a Catholic but I don't go round shoving Bibles in people's hands and preaching to them. Seriously. A small group of extremists does not reflect an entire religious group.
[center]Image
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SlayerOfLight » November 14th, 2015, 2:12 pm

[quote="Ninaroja"][quote="Nicholas"]Glad someone made a threat about it.

Thanks alot, Merkel...[/quote]

I feel like that's quite a generalisation there - like Tsuki and many others all around the world have said the perpetrators of these attacks are the people the refugees are trying to get away from in the first place.

In the same way that the Westboro Baptist Church and the KKK are not a true reflection of Christianity, we cannot use the actions of these extremists to condemn entire nations of people and an entire religion.[/quote]

I highly doubt that. Sure, not ALL refugees are terrorists, but by allowing them to flood our countries the chance of terrorist strikes increase drastically. Because there's a very great possibility that ISIS terrorists are among the refugees. Also, alot of refugees over here get all the help they need, yet all they do is complain and protest against the help they get because they're not satisfied with the living conditions.
SlayerOfLight

Postby Marizzle » November 14th, 2015, 2:16 pm

I also don't agree with the generalisation Nicholas did, although I believe he meant what I'm about to say.
So, at the moment, there are a lot of people entering Europe, as we all know. Ironically, these "migrant movements" are matching the terrorist attacks raise in number. I am in no way saying that all people in refugees groups are terrorists. What I mean is that it is easier for any actual terrorists to blend in with such groups and enter Europe right now. The security on the borders has lowered, despite all the attempts to keep them as safe, allowing any individuals that wish to make harm to enter our countries more easily.
In a way, it's a smart move. The terrorists blend in with the refugees, enter our country, do "their job", then, just like Tsuki said, we point our fingers at the refugees. They're not only trying to create chaos through these attacks, but by having us blaming the innocent. It creates social chaos between people of different cultures and the worse is that many people fall for it. :/

Referring to the Paris attack. I have no comments. It is simply heartbreaking. I keep thinking"What if it had happened here?". :cry:
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby SlayerOfLight » November 14th, 2015, 2:27 pm

^ Exactly. I never did nor will I call ALL refugees terrorists, but that won't change the fact that I would be happy to see ALL refugees go (at least in my country) because they're a huge stain on our economy and safety.
SlayerOfLight

Postby Tsuki » November 14th, 2015, 2:30 pm

Since when did this become a topic about refugees? People are dead, families have been torn apart, friends have been lost and people are now widowed. Can we show a bit of respect?

RIP <3.
[center]Image
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Tsuki

Next

Return to The Den