HAPPY EARTH DAY

HAPPY EARTH DAY

Postby gothprincesskiara » April 22nd, 2015, 1:12 pm

Ok, me being very environmental and being a climate change fighter, I wanted to celebrate Earth Day with you all by sharing what we all do to help our planet, and anyone who shares there contribution will get a pride point 8-) Ill go first

-Me and my parents recycle as much as we can
-I use a everyday thermos for my drinks instead of using plastic cups for example(I ask starbucks to put my drink in it).
-I try to do everything i can in the dark to keep my electricity off.
-I dont take showers everyday to save water(it drys out your skin anyway)
-last but not least I my family donated some money to animal conservation by seeing Disneys Monkey Kingdom

LET EVERYDAY BE EARTH DAY! :muchjoy:
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: HAPPY EARTH DAY

Postby Gandor the great » April 22nd, 2015, 1:53 pm

Happy Earths day Kiara
Gandor the great

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Gandor
Pride Points: 5

Postby SimbaPrescott » April 22nd, 2015, 6:21 pm

I'd give you a Pride Point if I could for this post :P Happy Earth day all!

-I use candles at night so I don't have to switch on the lights.
-I don't take showers every day either (don't see the point, truthfully).
-If it counts, bread is often left outside for passing birdies!
-Use reusable bags wherever I can
Last edited by SimbaPrescott on April 22nd, 2015, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby Elton John » April 22nd, 2015, 6:33 pm

I

-recycle
-turn off electronics when not in use
-turn off lights most of the time, relying on the sun for light.
-don't take long showers, five minutes at most
-don't water plants and trees if it has been rainy
-Shop using those bags that can be reused
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Tsuki » April 22nd, 2015, 7:06 pm

Happy Earth Day! :D
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby FlipMode » April 22nd, 2015, 7:09 pm

I cycle places instead of drive, if I can.
Saves money, helps health and fitness, can be faster than driving if traffic is busy and of course doesn't use any gas. Everyone wins.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby SlayerOfLight » April 22nd, 2015, 7:46 pm

Apparently I am the only one who thinks this whole ''Earth Day'' is useless.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby it means no worries » April 22nd, 2015, 10:48 pm

I recycle and turn off lights
it means no worries

Pride Points: 63

Postby HereWeStand » April 22nd, 2015, 10:55 pm

[quote="Nicholas"]Apparently I am the only one who thinks this whole ''Earth Day'' is useless.[/quote]

Well, not quite. It does feel a lot like the feel-good slacktivism of Earth Hour, but I suppose it's better than nothing.
HereWeStand
-

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SlayerOfLight » April 22nd, 2015, 11:28 pm

[quote="HereWeStand"][quote="Nicholas"]Apparently I am the only one who thinks this whole ''Earth Day'' is useless.[/quote]

Well, not quite. It does feel a lot like the feel-good slacktivism of Earth Hour, but I suppose it's better than nothing.[/quote]

lol come back to me when we have something like ''Earth Year'' every few years or so. One in 365 days is nothing and makes no diffrence at all. The only ones who benefit from this absurd day are environment-nuts activists like Greenpeace. And if anything, it would merely DELAY our environment's destruction. If we want to save this world then we'd be better doing it in a diffrent and more efficient way.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Next

Return to The Den