Skyrim Mod Created In Remembrance of Gamer's Brother

Skyrim Mod Created In Remembrance of Gamer's Brother

Postby FlipMode » March 13th, 2015, 12:49 pm

Just wanted to share this because a lot of people here like Skyrim and I thought it was a pretty awesome story.
A while back a user on reddit created discussion where he was talkign about how his brother had passed away by drowning in an unfortunate accident. So what he did after that was load up Skyrim on his brother's account and he would basically just leave the game untouched and look around the screen. Just looking at the World around his character and thinking about how this area in the game was one of the last things his brother would have seen.

He also pointed the location out on the map too so that other players could go to the location on the map in their game and leave some flowers down in their game world as a tribute to his brother.
And one modder took this a step further, he created a mod for the game where in that exact location there is now a shrine in memorial of the guy's brother and if you download and install it, the shrine is there as well as various characters including his brother's character will actually go to the shrine at certain times and pay their respects too.

How lovely is that?

Here's the original blog post:
https://imgur.com/a/Gh20l
and link to the mod:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/63583/?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: Skyrim Mod Created In Remembrance of Gamer's Brother

Postby Elton John » March 13th, 2015, 12:56 pm

Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Shadowfax » March 13th, 2015, 10:52 pm

Wow, that is so lovely. So sad, but that is such a lovely thing to do.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby Tsuki » March 13th, 2015, 11:13 pm

Awww wow! What a lovely idea :). Kudos to the mods.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Titanic-Wyvern » March 15th, 2015, 12:06 am

I remember seeing a video on this by AlphaOmegaSin on youtube, and I thought it was a touching thing to do. :) Especially in the memory of someone who passed away. While sad, it is a lovely thing to do.

((Avatar and signature both by Daenerys, thank you so much! :D))

Spoiler: show

^Made for me from Daenerys, thank you! :3
Titanic-Wyvern
"Zu'u lost daal."

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"I have returned."

Nickname(s): Titan, Wyvern, Xeno
Pride Points: 8

Postby FlipMode » March 15th, 2015, 12:13 am

[quote="Titanic-Wyvern"]I remember seeing a video on this by AlphaOmegaSin on youtube, and I thought it was a touching thing to do. :) Especially in the memory of someone who passed away. While sad, it is a lovely thing to do.[/quote]

Yeah that's how I first heard about it too actually. :) I like it when YouTubers bring cool stuff like this to light.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Return to The Den