Bullying/Cyber Bullying Awarness

Bullying/Cyber Bullying Awarness

Postby gothprincesskiara » February 9th, 2015, 11:12 pm

Your probably tired of hearing this from me, but I just have the need to talk about it.

Ever since my negative experience of being bullied on the Facebook Role play community, trying to fight back, standing up for myself, and then not being able to win against them, it hasn't effected me much, cause Im stronger and braver and know better then to let it get me down compared to the other victims who are just well....don't know what to do(bless them) :sosorry:

I am mature enough enough that I have that brave aggressive erge to fight back to anyone who tries to bring me down :mad2: , cause I know who I am, and I know what i believe in, I know whats right and whats wrong, I go through depression phases but I know how to cope with them on my own :resist:

My point is, the more and more I hear about bullying awareness and being a victim of it, it has made me more and more curious about the causes of it and what goes on it a bully's mind, and I want to find out and know more, so..

If you are curious to0, I have heard of this new SCI show called CSI Cyber March 4th and this new movie coming out called A girl like her march, 27th which I am going to start seeing next month

CSI Cyber
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3560060/

A girl Like Her
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2523832/

The thing that im confused about it is weather to ignore it or stand up for yourself, because I think that ignoring it shows your not standing up for yourself which could make it worse, but then they say fighting back just makes he bullying worse. to me its confusing

Anyway I wanted to share a song from one of my liked artists, Delain enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lZGhh41W9k

If you have any other suggestions on Bully information or Cyber bully crimes, let me/us know
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: Bullying/Cyber Bullying Awarness

Postby FlipMode » February 10th, 2015, 1:09 am

There's also a couple of films (both called Cyberbully, 2011 and 2015) that were based on real life events. The directors used real life events and people to show an accurate portrayal of cyber bullying.
All it really is in most cases its just people projecting their own self hatred and insecurities onto a victim. Its ridiculous.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby gothprincesskiara » February 10th, 2015, 3:55 pm

I couldnt find it, can you send me the link?
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Tsuki » February 10th, 2015, 8:54 pm

I'm completely and utterly against Cyber bullying and I find it sickening.

Yes I watched the recent Cyberbully film on TV and it made my stomach turn....BUT it was portrayed really well. I recommend watching it.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby SlayerOfLight » February 11th, 2015, 1:55 pm

Do you even know what you're on about? Cyber bullying is nothing compared to getting bullied in real life. On the internet you can at least still block people and ignore their posts... Most cases of cyber bullying are just moronic 13 years old naruto-loving kids saying things like ''U SUCK'' or ''LOSER'' etc. Unless you are the most sensitive person in the world, I don't see any reason why someone would cry over it.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Tsuki » February 11th, 2015, 7:10 pm

^ It's clear you don't know what Cyber Bullying really is then :P. It's more than name calling.
[center]Image
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SlayerOfLight » February 11th, 2015, 7:22 pm

^ My point is that cyber-bullying is less worser than real life bullying. But please, do tell.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby gothprincesskiara » February 11th, 2015, 7:42 pm

[quote="Nicholas"]Do you even know what you're on about? Cyber bullying is nothing compared to getting bullied in real life. On the internet you can at least still block people and ignore their posts... Most cases of cyber bullying are just moronic 13 years old naruto-loving kids saying things like ''U SUCK'' or ''LOSER'' etc. Unless you are the most sensitive person in the world, I don't see any reason why someone would cry over it.[/quote]

I have been through alot of crap on Facebook, from Hackers, to cyber bullies to cyber trolls, ive experienced them all so I know what its like. To me I have tried to teach them a lesson by standing up for myself, I didn't want to let them win. And other role players were just going on about how they were bullied and there was alot of drama about how role players would kill themselves because they were bullied on Facebook. And then there are the hackers who are bullies as well because no matter how many times you block them they keep coming back with more accounts to attack you with, its fun to them, and it was so hard to tell who was doing what and who was telling the truth more lies just kept on building it was such a mess. words can really hurt you. To me its all the same. And its a big fat nightmare when you get yourself into those situations, again that's why i came here.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara

Postby SlayerOfLight » February 11th, 2015, 8:17 pm

[quote="gothprincesskiara"][quote="Nicholas"]Do you even know what you're on about? Cyber bullying is nothing compared to getting bullied in real life. On the internet you can at least still block people and ignore their posts... Most cases of cyber bullying are just moronic 13 years old naruto-loving kids saying things like ''U SUCK'' or ''LOSER'' etc. Unless you are the most sensitive person in the world, I don't see any reason why someone would cry over it.[/quote]

I have been through alot of crap on Facebook, from Hackers, to cyber bullies to cyber trolls, ive experienced them all so I know what its like. To me I have tried to teach them a lesson by standing up for myself, I didn't want to let them win. And other role players were just going on about how they were bullied and there was alot of drama about how role players would kill themselves because they were bullied on Facebook. And then there are the hackers who are bullies as well because no matter how many times you block them they keep coming back with more accounts to attack you with, its fun to them, and it was so hard to tell who was doing what and who was telling the truth more lies just kept on building it was such a mess. words can really hurt you. To me its all the same. And its a big fat nightmare when you get yourself into those situations, again that's why i came here.[/quote]

This may sound a bit stupid, but have you actually even concidered leaving that roleplay place on Facebook when you knew things were starting to escalate? There are some really sick moronic idiots on Facebook (and not only on Facebook, but pretty much everywhere) so obviously if you get back at them you would only add fuel to the fire. And if they keep making fake accounts why not just keep blocking them? Because it's harder for them to create a new account than for you to push a button, so they would give up sooner or later. Also, if you enter a big community on Facebook wouldn't it have been wiser to deeply limit your personal things on your profile or set you personal data so that only friends can view them? Don't get me wrong, but I do believe it could have been prevented if you would have been a little more careful.
SlayerOfLight

Postby Tsuki » February 11th, 2015, 8:44 pm

[quote="Nicholas"]^ My point is that cyber-bullying is less worser than real life bullying. But please, do tell.[/quote]

I personally think the former is worse as more often than not you don't know who is doing the bullying and sometimes it can become so severe that the victim ends their life. At least with RL bullying you know who the bully is and sometimes it can be resolved with the police, teachers or mums. The problem with the internet is that people can hide their true selves. And therefore it can become a lot harder to prosecute someone. Yes I suppose you could say "Well can't you find out the persons IP or history or whatever" but then the "cyber bully" could turn round and say "No I was hacked. That wasn't me". Cyber Bullying is A LOT harder to sort out than RL bullying.

I suggest you watch Cyber Bully with Maisie Williams in it. It really hits home about Cyber Bullying. It's more than just people trolling. I suggest you do your research ;)
[center]Image
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Tsuki

Next

Return to The Den