The Great War

The Great War

Postby DGFone » August 20th, 2014, 7:19 am

I think this section is the best place to put it. Anyways, what is this about:

About a month and 100 years ago, World War 1 started. The first truly modern war, it was so horrific that by the end, everyone were calling it "the war to end all wars". Yeah, we all know how that came out...

Anyways, on YouTube, there is an ambitious project I found that seeks to basically summarize everything that happened in the war, week by week. Obviously, this means that this channel will be continuously updated for four years until it will finally end on November 2018. I don't know how many of you are planning to watch something like this for 4 years, but it is a very important part of our history and I think that we should all at least start watching it.

Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUcyEs ... 69RRVhRh4A
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: The Great War

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » August 20th, 2014, 2:31 pm

I'll probably tune into this! I love learning about things to do with the World Wars, most interesting part of modern history. There's been so many good documentaries on over here in the UK.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby juhouh » August 20th, 2014, 7:28 pm

I'm more of WWII person but here's a nice video about World War I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wGQGEOTf4E
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby TomCat » August 22nd, 2014, 9:39 pm

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

TomCat
Lala kahle, my dear sister...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Return to The Den