Hunting cats for fur

Hunting cats for fur

Postby SimbasMate » March 24th, 2014, 7:59 pm

I like The Big Cat Rescue on Facebook, and this is an article that they had posted.

For those of you who don't know, The Big Cat Rescue is a big wildlife reserve in Florida. They take injured big cats and help them get better and then they release them back into the wild when they are healed.

When I saw this article and read it, my heart dropped and tears flooded my eyes. I could not believe what hunters will do to cats for their pelts. Or any animal in general. BCR also asked on their page for people to speak out to people and share this article for this poor kitty. So that is what I am doing. I know that perhaps it may not shut down the fur trade, but just sharing this article with others on the behalf of this bobcat is hopefully enough to reach enough people who truly care about animals. Maybe one day something will be done about this. It makes me angry to no end, and I can't even imagine how much pain and agony this bobcat felt after he had to chew his own two front paws off to get out of a leg holding trap. I hope that poachers see this and will see what they are putting these animals through.

By the way, there is a picture of the bobcat after he finally escaped from the trap. I suggest you not scroll past the big letters before the picture. It really is horrible and something you can probably never forget.
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Re: Hunting cats for fur

Postby Tsuki » March 24th, 2014, 8:05 pm

I'm a huge supporter of TBCR Tampa. They do a fantastic job. Yes it is heartbreaking that this takes place. But not only in the wild but at fur farms as well. I saw a horrific documentary of a fur farm in Russia with foxes....and that makes my stomach turn and those images will stay with me forever. If you are UK based you can help by buying products from Lush that support the banning of fur farms and charities that help rescue the animals from these places. Also support 21st Century tiger that educates people living in tiger territory as to why we still need the tiger.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Eli_Ayase » March 24th, 2014, 8:17 pm

Reading that article... made me cry... ='(

It breaks my heart when there are heartless people, and therefore as well money-wanting greedy bastards that do this to an animal. I love animals, and I love big cats like no tomorrow. Only just because of these ****** people, big cats get lesser and lesser in this world, just like the Siberian Tigers.

Sometimes I just want THEM to go trough the same thing as the defenceless animals do. Maybe then they'd understand how painful it is for an animal. Because apparently people in this world think animals have no souls and life, and are created just to be fur for money. Animals are like humans are, they are different, but they DO have a soul and life.

This all is why I HATE humanity. Because it's nothing but a bunch of a-holes that care nothing but for power, and money. And those idiots think that they are SO COOL by doing that.
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby Regulus » March 24th, 2014, 8:35 pm

I'm not going to read the article, so that I can keep my sanity and hope for mankind.

But... BCR is in Tampa? I did not know this. :mhm:
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Tsuki » March 24th, 2014, 9:27 pm

[quote="Regulus"]I'm not going to read the article, so that I can keep my sanity and hope for mankind.

But... BCR is in Tampa? I did not know this. :mhm:[/quote]

Yup. It's in Tampa :D. Gutted I couldnt visit while I was there. If you go I want photos :P
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Regulus » March 25th, 2014, 12:21 am

If I go, I'll make a thread about it. Though it's more of a matter of when, rather than if. :)
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Sigurd » April 26th, 2015, 12:19 am

I don't like that people kill animals (especially endangered ones) for other reasons than for survival. That's a waste of resources and it's creates unnecessery suffering. With that said, I'm not against hunting in general, but we should be careful so were don't eradicate any species.
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby Adofo » April 28th, 2015, 6:25 am

It makes me sick. And just a few days ago, some Vet shot an arrow in the back of a cat's head that was from a cat shelter that got out and she got fired. She needs to be shunned for the rest of her life!
Whether man or animal, everything is connected in the great circle of life, so we are all one!
Youtube Channel | My Game List | DeviantArt
Video Game Usernames: show
If you add me on any of these, PM me on MLK first so I know who you are. If you don't, I will delete it.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Nickname(s): Dofo, Dr. Cody, Dr. Dofo
Pride Points: 53

Postby amani88 » July 26th, 2015, 4:58 am

I went to Big Cat Rescue for the first time earlier this summer . . .the passion these people have for "big cats", plus the actual activity level of many of the larger Felidae species they house (tigers and lions), were phenomenal!! I highly recommend it, too!! :D
(Unfortunately, the animals' pens are doubled fenced, per USDA regs, or are chain-linked. . .so any photos or views will have some bars in it. Still, its a pretty cool place!).

I did also want to make a quick note about the poaching of such animals for their parts. As one who has studied a lot of biology in undergrad (and as a Catholic/Christian who cares about Creation), such disgusting acts of poaching are truly reprehensible. We are all familiar with those who illegally hunt endangered animals for their fur (aesthetic value). . .however, the demand pushing for poaching (in general) is rather complex and difficult to deal with. Take, for example, tigers.

According to a beautiful book that has amazing photographs and facts about tigers ( "Tigers Forever: Saving the World's Most Endangered Cat" by Steve Winter (2013)), tigers are not only hunted for their beautiful fur, but also their various body parts. Whiskers, etc. are used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). Likewise, poor farmers in Asia/India subcontinent are concerned about tigers interfering with their livelihood, and have shot them.

I just wanted to make clear that poaching is a complex issue, and one can see why it is such an embedded problem. The major solution, then, is education and practice, and BCR mostly shines in that area.
amani88
Look inside yourself, Simba.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

You are more than what you have become.

Nickname(s): Den
Pride Points: 0

Return to The Den