Westboro Baptist Church

Re: Westboro Baptist Church

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » June 17th, 2014, 9:07 pm

From what I know about the Westboro Baptist Church, I believe they are the sort of ignorant, small-minded bigoted movement that makes me loose faith in humanity. I'm also seeing something which I don't like on the internet. People take the Westboro Baptist Church and use it as a representative for Christianity. While I'm not a Christian, nor a believer of God or Creationism (I believe religion has done more harm than good tbh), there are Christian movements and individuals out there who are respective of all people and use the word of 'God' for good.

So yeah. Not sure where I was going with this post aha.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby Ninaroja » June 18th, 2014, 10:40 am

Religion IMO should be a private thing that you keep to yourself (like you're allowed to say "I belong to X religion" but you should keep your belifs about that within your family/other followers), unless of course it is part of discussion or debate. Here in Belfast a lot of people preach on the streets and the way I see it, people would go to Church if they wanted to hear it.
A few people I know on facebook, too, are always posting their religious views on their walls and causing arguments. One of them ended up telling a close friend of mine that she was going to hell for not believing in God, and that her father (who died 7 years ago) was already there.

The same person actually told another friend of mine that "a Christian rapist would go to heaven and you won't because you don't believe in God." And then she died. I'll never forgive her for saying that to her.

Religion has caused quite a lot of political strife in my country, too, which is why any belief I have, I tend not to share, since I think I can't do any damage that way.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Regulus » June 18th, 2014, 3:53 pm

[quote="Ninaroja"]people would go to Church if they wanted to hear it.[/quote]

Stop thinking critically before you hurt yourself. It's dangerous throwing logic like that around. You're supposed to be a good citizen by listening to what I have to say and believing what I believe. I'm obviously right and you're obviously wrong. Don't think too much into it or you'll go to hell, filthy infidel. :P

^ That's all sarcasm, if anyone can't tell.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Previous

Return to The Den