Net Neutrality Stricken By US Gov

Re: Net Neutrality Stricken By US Gov

Postby DGFone » January 22nd, 2014, 11:00 pm

^ Then you are very lucky. For most places in the US, the coverage is divided up like a checkerboard among all the providers, and you are extremely lucky to have a choice between two. I have a friend with a shoddy connection because the only ISP he can get it AT&T, and now he has to wait for the contract to end before he can een upgrade to a better deal. For most people, it's like Regulus stated: A company you hate, or nothing at all.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Tora » January 22nd, 2014, 11:49 pm

So far it really looks like Verizon is the only company to even think like this anyway. Besides I'm sure through a series of proxies or something like that you could get around that type of thing anyway.
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby DGFone » January 23rd, 2014, 5:22 am

... You need an internet connection to get to proxies.

Besides, the easiest way to see who you can use is to check a coverage map. Usually, short of really large cities and other highly populated areas, you will see only one provider in your area.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Tora » January 30th, 2014, 11:16 pm

[quote="DGFone"]... You need an internet connection to get to proxies.

Besides, the easiest way to see who you can use is to check a coverage map. Usually, short of really large cities and other highly populated areas, you will see only one provider in your area.[/quote]
Of course you do... my point is that by connecting to someone else and through them you connect to those websites such as YouTube or Netflix so your ISP would see that you connected to so and so instead of Netflix or YouTube. -_-

Charging more to use these websites I think will end up killing Netflix and YouTube anyway.
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Previous

Return to The Den