Ridiculous Religion vs Absurd Atheism

Re: Ridiculous Religion vs Absurd Atheism

Postby SlayerOfLight » November 16th, 2015, 11:00 am

Allthough I'm a Christian (but not practicing it much) I'm kinda into Norse mythology and it's religion. Not that I believe anything of it of course, I just find the lore and the characters interesting. I can see why Marvel decided to adopt it into comic books, lol
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Re: Ridiculous Religion vs Absurd Atheism

Postby Troll Berserker » November 16th, 2015, 12:07 pm

Wicca is well... something that was invented in America based on mutliple Pagan systems and witchcraft, but I've never seen any european Pagan calling themselves Wicca so just to make clear I will not call myself, refer to to mention Wicca here.

I was raised as a Christian and I used to be very devoted to this religion when I was a kid, but then I started to drive away from it as I disagreed with the ideology.
I hate when people use religion to keep people down. To tell them what to think, say ,wear or like, how to live, who to love because their one true god said so.
I dislike "holy books" because they were written in different times and for different purposes. 2000 years ago people made a rule not to eat pork and blood, but the thruth behind it is because they lived in the climates that made meat and blood spoil very fast, so to avoid food poisoning or getting low on food supplies (fasting) they have forbidden certain things. But nowadays these rules are outdated, yet some fanatics are eager to beat you up because you eat ham sandwich next to them. That's completely ridiculous!

Currently, I found myself comfortable in my own atheist-ish pagan-ish ideology. I live by the rule "Live your life and harm no one". If you are happy and comfortable with yourself, no matter how weird, but as long and you don't affect me and don't purposedly do any harm to another living beings, that's okay with me.
I was attending Pagan rituals because I love the feel of harmony with nature. I was praying to Pagan deities but it's okay with me. I don't believe in any "true god" or "gods". To me thay are all symbols of nature powers that we need to respect. I believe in magic that comes from the will of man. I aslo believe in spirits.

So as long as nobody tells me what to do, I respect all religions and aI don't think of religion as a bad thing if it makes you happy, but I don't support living by some ridiculous, unecessary boundaries, but again, that's your own choice.
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Previous

Return to The Den