Obama?An efficient president?

Re: Obama?An efficient president?

Postby DGFone » October 25th, 2013, 7:35 am

I actually have a friend with whom politics is a very touchy subject because of how little we can agree on, but somehow, there is one major point we can agree on: We are both baffled at how Obama is, and continues to ride a tidal wave of support by being "the people's President", because both of us agree the he very much isn't. How my friend put it: we need the Obama that ran for election in 2008. While I personally disagree on that (not that I think the Republican party is any better), both of us can tell very much that the president that Obama promised to be back in 2008 is very much not the president that he is.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: Obama?An efficient president?

Postby Carl » October 25th, 2013, 5:24 pm

^ Since when is that news? All politicians lie, and there is no president who acts the way they promised. Part of the problem is also that the other party refuses to let the president do things he wants. The president doesn't have much power beyond the military. He has to deal with the things the House and Senate want, and so, even on the occasion that a president tries to do some of the things he promised, they don't necessarily happen.

Obama has as much support as he does simply because the republicans keep alienating the minorities. The problem is that America has only two political parties. No, the democrats aren't the best and they aren't right about everything. But it's them or the republicans. Currently, America is a majority minority country, meaning that if you alienate the minorities, you aren't going to win elections. As long as the republicans are more against equality for all people (the poor, Latinos, LGBTs, etc.) almost everyone who is among those minorities, or who feels for them, will vote democrat because it is the lesser of two evils.

In a way it isn't about Obama at all. It's about 'His opponents want to deliberately oppress us and/or make things worse in general, he at least is sometimes trying to help some of us.' We need more parties. I admit Obama is far from the perfect president, but for as long as it's Obama or people like McCain and Romney, take a wild guess who I'd support.

Of course, my opinion isn't all that relevant, as I don't vote, and don't intend to remain in this country any longer than I have to, so take that as you will. :P
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Previous

Return to The Den