Syria: This is not a revolution. Stop this nonsense.

Re: Syria: This is not a revolution. Stop this nonsense.

Postby Woeler » September 6th, 2013, 8:30 pm

[quote="Kiburi"]Why doesn't Europe do something for once?
[/quote]
Because modern day Europe has no interest in meddling in the affairs of others.

[quote="Kiburi"]Why is it assumed that the United States are the international police force, or something?[/quote]
Why is it assumed that anything should be done at all? Besides, I don't know who assumes that, but certainly not the rest of the world. Nobody asked you to go to war at any given point.

I agree with the rest of your post, except this:
[quote="Kiburi"]I'm tired of the USA doing everything for everyone else, with our troops, and our tax dollars.[/quote]
Doing everything? For everyone else? Nobody asked you to go to Serbia. Nobody asked you to go to Iraq. Nobody asked you to go to Libya. Nobody asks you to go to Syria, and nobody will ever ask you to go to Iran.

And on the last part I agree again. Would be way better to use those wasted dollars for healthcare, jobs or education.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby juhouh » September 14th, 2013, 5:25 pm

[quote="Kiburi"]Here's my pressing question.

Why doesn't Europe do something for once?[/quote]
It's not Europeans fault that USA wants to do everything. No one have attacked on Europe neither on USA or any other NATO countries. I'm glad that my country at least stays out of that criminal organisation and shows no interest to join in

And yes if they do use chemical weapons they should deal with it by themselves even they may have signed some kind of useless agreements
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby DGFone » September 20th, 2013, 1:43 am

Just an update about Russia's claim that the gas attacks were committed by rebels:

I long suspected that Russia simply claimed that the rebels did it simply because it can. Recently, the UN has released a report on the gas attacks. For one thing, the gas used is Sarin gas. I don't know how easy that is to make, but this is a gas so lethal that it was loaded into Cold War era warheads. I have no evidence for this, but I strongly suspect that one simply doesn't manufacture/get Sarin gas.

The most compelling clue about who did it is the fact that the rockets used (122 mm) are not the kind that the rebels are known to have. For another thing, if you read the report, it clearly states that the rockets show clear marks of being launched from a single, multi-launch system. Not a MLRS, but the same principle. I don't know how easy it is to make a reliable mutli-launch system, but there's a reason why the most popular rebel/terrorist/freedom fighter/etc warhead propulsion system is the RPG: a multi-use single launch system is much easier to make than a multi-launch system one. And even if the rebels had one: where would they hide it?

The report doesn't actively blame Hassad's regime for the attack, but it's very certain that the rebels were not responsible.

You can download the report here or read it in its entirety here.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Previous

Return to The Den