Soldier beheaded in Londond street

Soldier beheaded in Londond street

Postby Woeler » May 22nd, 2013, 7:33 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22630303

What a nice culture-enrichment to our Western-European civilization, isn't it?

[quote]A man has been killed in a machete attack and his two assailants shot by police in Woolwich, south-east London.

The government is reported to be treating the assault as a suspected terrorist incident and the prime minister said it was "truly shocking".

Footage has emerged showing a man wielding a bloodied meat cleaver and making political statements.

Local MP Nick Raynsford said the dead man was a soldier at Woolwich barracks but this has not been confirmed.

The ITV film shows a black man, dressed in a grey hooded jacket, saying: "We must fight them as they fight us. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."

He added: "I apologise that women have had to witness this today, but in our land our women have to see the same. You people will never be safe. Remove your government, they don't care about you."

According to senior Whitehall sources the people carrying out the attack were heard to say Allahu Akbar [God is Great], said our political editor.[/quote]
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Re: Soldier beheaded in Londond street

Postby Azdgari » May 24th, 2013, 3:51 am

I actually found out about this from a slightly different perspective, my friend showed me this story about it.

Condolences to the soldier's family and all those involved. But great respect to this hero as well.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Tora » May 24th, 2013, 4:59 am

And I thought the US was bad. :sad2: I'd rather die by gun shots than be hacked to death.

I hope his family is doing alright. I feel for them. Such pointless violence.
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Regulus » May 24th, 2013, 5:46 am

[quote="Azdgari"]I actually found out about this from a slightly different perspective, my friend showed me this story about it.

Condolences to the soldier's family and all those involved. But great respect to this hero as well.[/quote]

Wow. :-O

That's awesome.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » May 24th, 2013, 8:11 pm

Found out about it on the news here in Turkey, truly horrifying really. Respect to the deceased & regards to the family. Something like that doesn't even need that much planning. Don't know if anyone has seen the video of the one attacker speaking out about why he had done it to a passerby, says some pretty chilling things.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby Kal » May 24th, 2013, 8:40 pm

Yeah... this is obviously terrible news, with possibly big repercussions for us here in the UK. What a tragic waste of life. Real difficult to comprehend. :(
The Quote Hall Of Fame: show
Ou - "Ou iz awezome."
Roku - "Roku is awesome."
Ou - "Kal is awesome."
*Kal bursts into tears of unbridled joy*
The Admiral - "What am I reading?"
Kal
tjúúúú

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The fox around these parts.

Pride Points: 28

Return to The Den