Florida restaurant may keep lion meat on menu

Re: Florida restaurant may keep lion meat on menu

Postby Woeler » May 13th, 2013, 9:15 pm

Meat is meat, as long as it was hunted legitimately.

Anybody who threatens with death or kidnapping should be caught and imprisoned. Environmentalists going nuts seems to be normal these days.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby SlayerOfLight » May 13th, 2013, 9:44 pm

Pathetic how some people whine about lion meat. It's the ''circle of life'' as we call it. Lions eat antelopes and we humans, the dominant species of this planet, have the right to eat lion meat. LOL lions are not the ''kings of beasts'' but WE actually are. True, they are ''wonderfull'' animals but compared to us they are nothing more but dumb big unintelligible pussycats which rely on their instincts to function.

Now if it was dog meat then that would be a diffrent story though...
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Dark Huntress » May 19th, 2013, 2:58 am

If it's legal and they can actually sell it, heck! let them! They are just animals, if we were selling humans, I could totally see this huge deal but it is a lion. I love animals, don't get me wrong, more than anything else, but there has to be a balance and those who realize that shouldn't let environmentalists bully them for doing something odd! I wouldn't eat it personally, as I believe it's an unclean meat (Christian, hehe :innocent:) but if everyone else wants to: back off for crying out loud!
Thx Silver ^^ Image
My MLK Family and Friends: show
Sisters/BFs: Scarsmate, Meeko, Kiki, Redkite, and SimbaObsessor
Uncle: Tora
Godfather: James
Brother: Realmofthedragon
Mother: Wolfishgirl
Aunt: Unikels
ADORBZ [fluffy!] kitty friend: OuRaion

Credits Where Due: show
Thank-you, Darth Julie for the amazing avatar!!!
And thx, Silver for the kickbutt siggy!

My Philosophy: show
Love with every bit of who you really are, not with who you pretend to be.

FanFics:
Feedback appreciated! Please check it out!
Bond of Brothers

All artists, please join me on my art odyssey!
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Shall put on Immortality....

Nickname(s): TJ, DH, et cetera
Pride Points: 22

Postby Gaze » May 26th, 2013, 1:24 am

I absolutely can't believe people get so easily infuriated about the use of lion meat, but could not care less about the cows, chickens, and pigs they eat on a regular basis. I eat meat - a lot of it - but man, I think it would be great if people could take the anger they feel towards this taco joint and use it to feel angry towards every business that supports the enslaving and killing of animals for food. We are all horrible.
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby DGFone » May 26th, 2013, 2:06 am

[quote="Sadiki"]I absolutely can't believe people get so easily infuriated about the use of lion meat, but could not care less about the cows, chickens, and pigs they eat on a regular basis. I eat meat - a lot of it - but man, I think it would be great if people could take the anger they feel towards this taco joint and use it to feel angry towards every business that supports the enslaving and killing of animals for food. We are all horrible.[/quote]

Could actually be a evolutionary thing: many species eat pigs, chickens, etc. But apart from us, I think only scavengers touch lion meat. So it might be something subconscious that keeps people from reacting neutrally to people eating "exotics".
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Sigurd » June 20th, 2013, 5:57 am

I don't really see problem if the lions are raised in captivity. If there would be meat from wild lions, I would be against since they are a threatened species.
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Pride Points: 14

Previous

Return to The Den