One-way ticket to Mars, anyone?

Re: One-way ticket to Mars, anyone?

Postby SlayerOfLight » July 25th, 2013, 11:24 am

Mars is such a boring ugly planet, I don't even know why people would like to go there.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby le0 » July 25th, 2013, 12:44 pm

^I kind of have to agree :S
le0

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Jonas
Pride Points: 15

Postby SlayerOfLight » July 25th, 2013, 2:56 pm

I've also seen some pictures of Mars' landscape and I'm still unimpressed beyond measure. Even a garbage dump looks more vivid.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DGFone » July 25th, 2013, 5:18 pm

[quote="Nicholas"]I've also seen some pictures of Mars' landscape and I'm still unimpressed beyond measure. Even a garbage dump looks more vivid.[/quote]

/troll

What you should be amazed at is the fact that you can comfortably sit in your home and scoff at such detailed pictures of something's that's less vivid than a garbage dump.

There are currently only two confirmed blue planets in the universe: Earth, and another planet similar to Earth, but is blue because it's so hot, that it basically rains molten glass there. If you can't appreciate the final frontier, then at least relax and know that your nation pays non of the bills for it.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby SlayerOfLight » July 25th, 2013, 5:47 pm

[quote="DGFone"][quote="Nicholas"]I've also seen some pictures of Mars' landscape and I'm still unimpressed beyond measure. Even a garbage dump looks more vivid.[/quote]

/troll

What you should be amazed at is the fact that you can comfortably sit in your home and scoff at such detailed pictures of something's that's less vivid than a garbage dump.

There are currently only two confirmed blue planets in the universe: Earth, and another planet similar to Earth, but is blue because it's so hot, that it basically rains molten glass there. If you can't appreciate the final frontier, then at least relax and know that your nation pays non of the bills for it.[/quote]

How am I a troll if I'm just giving my opinion? According to wikipedia a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people. Now, I don't think it would upset someone if I call a planet ugly, right? Unless you are implying the planet will feel upset about it, but I don't see that happening...

''If you can't appreciate the final frontier, then at least relax and know that your nation pays non of the bills for it''

I'm terribly sorry if the Netherlands isn't as ''great'' as the blessed United States, but you shouldn't diss my country only because they can't be bothered wasting their wealth on exploring a death-looking planet.
SlayerOfLight

Postby DGFone » July 26th, 2013, 1:24 am

You're being a troll because this topic isn't about do you like Mars or not. It's about whether it's worth it to to to Mars on a one-way-trip or not. To simply say "I hate Mars because it looks boring" is trolling because it's completely irrelevant to the topic, and yes, it does did start an argument.

If you don't have anything useful to say, don't say it.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Regulus » July 26th, 2013, 1:51 am

Seriously?

What Nicholas said was rather ignorant, but very relevant to the topic, and not trolling. It's fine. No need for this.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby FlipMode » July 26th, 2013, 11:00 am

[quote="Regulus"]Seriously?

What Nicholas said was rather ignorant, but very relevant to the topic, and not trolling. It's fine. No need for this.[/quote]

Everyone knows if you say something that another person doesn't agree with then it's considered trolling these days.
Anyway I thought it was a perfectly valid thing to say, however I don't think people would want to explore Mars because it looks pretty, I mean you could say the same thing about the Moon in that regard. The point is Space travel and exploring other planets is just a cool and exciting prospect.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby SlayerOfLight » July 26th, 2013, 11:41 am

[quote="DGFone"]You're being a troll because this topic isn't about do you like Mars or not. It's about whether it's worth it to to to Mars on a one-way-trip or not. To simply say "I hate Mars because it looks boring" is trolling because it's completely irrelevant to the topic[/quote]

If you're butthurt for some reason then don't freaking take it out on me... All I say is that it's not worth it because it's an UGLY planet. Now tell me who wants to spend his/her entire life living on a dead surface with no trees or any sign of life? Ok I admit that my opinions can sometimes be negative, but how in the blue world is that trolling? Suffering from a troll-syndrome pretty much? I bet you dwell arround from place to place on the internet, accusing everyone of being a '''troll'' who you don't agree with. You're pathetic, honestly.

[quote]and yes, it does did start an argument.[/quote]

Apparently because only YOU felt the need to whine about it...

[quote]If you don't have anything useful to say, don't say it.[/quote]

Maybe my posts might not be the most useful, but at least I'm not acting like a downright know-it-all such as you.
SlayerOfLight

Previous

Return to The Den