Would you rather be happy or wise?

Would you rather be happy or wise?

Postby Azdgari » September 6th, 2011, 6:09 pm

Given the choice, would you lead a blissful life of ignorance or a miserable life of truth?

(in this scenario) Being wise will not help you change the world, or make other people happy. Similarly, being happy will not make you self centered and hedonistic. This is self contained. It's just a matter of you knowing the truth about everything and being miserable because of it, or being happily ignorant. It's hypothetical. ;3

I would be blissful. ^^
Last edited by Azdgari on September 6th, 2011, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Re: Would you rather be happy or wise?

Postby Whitelionesseyes » September 6th, 2011, 6:13 pm

I would rather be HAPPY than wise. :D
•·.·¯·.·•—(•÷[•·.·´¯`·.·••°¤*(¯`°(At last I see the light)°´¯)*¤°••·.·´¯`·.·•]÷•)—•·.·¯·.·•

••°¤*(¯`Image°´¯)*¤°••
<º)))><•´¯`•±‡±Sing to me the song of the stars, of your galaxies dancing and laughing and laughing again. When I feel like my home is so far sing to me of the plans for which you sent me to this Earth±‡±•´¯`•><(((º>
Whitelionesseyes
••¤(`×[¤Light Crystal¤]×´)¤••

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

•°¤*(¯`°(We Are One)°´¯)*¤°•

Nickname(s): •°¤*White, lioness, WLE*¤°•

Postby KopsTheTerminator » September 6th, 2011, 6:24 pm

I'd choose wisdom over happiness anyday. Although... a wise person would be accepting of everything and be truly happy, so this is somewhat contradicting, to me at least.
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Tabby » September 6th, 2011, 6:49 pm

I believe that if all we choose to be wise, we could change the world, but only out there everyone wants to be happy ...

I dunno... Maybe I'd choose to be wise, I couldn't get used to a life where I ignore everything around me, I couldn't live blinded.

Victory, at last!
Tabby
Back from the ashes

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Deess, LxL, Jose, Bean, Burrito
Pride Points: 103

Postby FlipMode » September 6th, 2011, 6:57 pm

One miserable life please, with a side order of truth. Thank you.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby KopsTheTerminator » September 6th, 2011, 7:03 pm

[quote="SimbaCanHazDonut"]I believe that if all we choose to be wise, we could change the world, but only out there everyone wants to be happy ...[/quote]

True. We shouldn't just accept things the way they are, otherwise nobody will ever do anything about important issues like world hunger. Everyone will just want to make themselves happy and not try to improve the world for everyone to make others happy... which is rather selfish IMO.
KopsTheTerminator

Postby Baya » September 6th, 2011, 7:35 pm

Wisdom, because that way, at least I can see things for what they are as opposed to what the government and society make it out to be. My grandfather is the wisest man I know, and he's had 3 heart attacks. He's still alive xD
Gone for good.
Baya

Pride Points: 12

Postby Azdgari » September 6th, 2011, 8:00 pm

(in this scenario) Being wise will not help you change the world, or make other people happy. Similarly, being happy will not make you self centered and hedonistic. This is self contained. It's just a matter of you knowing the truth about everything and being miserable because of it, or being happily ignorant. It's hypothetical. ;3
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Postby KopsTheTerminator » September 6th, 2011, 8:07 pm

I still choose wisdom, and that's what I've been after for about 2 years, actually. I'd rather know the truth about everything than live in a world of lies.
KopsTheTerminator

Postby Tabby » September 6th, 2011, 8:31 pm

Well, in this case would still choosing to be a wise person, I do not know that point or whether it is simple greed or work of a rush of blood to the head.

Actually, I think all when we were kids we were innocent, ignorant .. Many now have our feet planted on the ground, and I think that prepares us for the circumstances of life we all ignore something does not solve the problem, some day, whatever, at some point that not knowing things affect us.

For example, do we need to ignore global warming? Sooner or later inevitable consequences will be higher than those seen today ..

How beautiful it is to be happy while others die, who knows if the next one could be oneself, but it does not matter, because it is too happy to pay any attention to it.

For that ignorance happyness, we are where we are.

Victory, at last!
Tabby
Back from the ashes

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Deess, LxL, Jose, Bean, Burrito
Pride Points: 103

Next

Return to The Den