New Discovery in SOPA, PIPA, ACTA Issue

Re: New Discovery in SOPA, PIPA, ACTA Issue

Postby SophieCub » January 24th, 2012, 6:29 pm

It wont let me see the video because my computer is going funny, but from the comments on here, I can kind of understand what it's about. So glad Obama aint running my country..
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

Postby Arani » January 25th, 2012, 12:00 am

.... This is like a trailer for a new 2012 End Of The World movie. :/ Lets just hope that this isn't really the end of the world. (At least for the USA.)
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby Wrightfan » January 27th, 2012, 4:18 am

Not that I'm watching the videos or anything (although I have come around to fully disagree with these acts) but be aware that Mike Mozart was and is known to be a pretty big drama king.

Also, for somebody who advocates fair use, he gets VERY upset when people "steal" his videos
Wrightfan
Let's go Mets!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Andrew
Pride Points: 9

Postby Eli_Ayase » January 27th, 2012, 8:41 pm

ACTA has passed. Poland breaks out a strike, right...

Well, I would say that this isn't bloody fair >.> it's the same as decreasing your freedom on the internet while you barely have freedom in real life. Sure sure, pirating is bad, but that is sharing the file with everyone. I don't live in U.S though but UK had signed agreement on this ACTA. (I take my words in my previous post back.)

Just think, all AMV's and OWN MADE videos with a little bit of the Copyrighted music in it will be taken down. Not even the proof that you have bought the Film/Music discs will save you. Youtube already has enough of the Copyright s*** that they even take down videos.

I am against this bloody bill. I know I know, downloading is the same stealing, but when a person uploads a file and shares it with everyone, it is called SHARING, not stealing, stealing is something like, run into a store and grab a thing for 30 pennies (cents).

Don't judge me or get me wrong, I'm not against anyone's opinion here though, but if you want to discuss it with me, scribble a PM because I barely am on this site now.
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby Wrightfan » January 28th, 2012, 12:46 am

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/ ... story.html

Very interesting stuff here. Pretty sure the opposition over there will be loud enough to change the decision by the tone of the article.

I don't like them bringing up anon though. Those morons need to stay out of this :roll:
Wrightfan
Let's go Mets!

Postby SnowyCheetah » January 28th, 2012, 4:18 pm

[quote="Wrightfan"]I don't like them bringing up anon though. Those morons need to stay out of this :roll:[/quote]

I wouldn't count on that.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby Wrightfan » January 28th, 2012, 8:50 pm

[quote="StormySeethe"][quote="Wrightfan"]I don't like them bringing up anon though. Those morons need to stay out of this :roll:[/quote]

I wouldn't count on that.[/quote]

Yeeep :(
Wrightfan
Let's go Mets!

Postby Woeler » January 28th, 2012, 11:17 pm

[quote="Wrightfan"]http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/european-parliaments-acta-monitor-quits-in-protest/2012/01/27/gIQALD5BWQ_story.html

Very interesting stuff here. Pretty sure the opposition over there will be loud enough to change the decision by the tone of the article.

I don't like them bringing up anon though. Those morons need to stay out of this :roll:[/quote]

Do you even know what these people stand for? I guess you don't know the slightest about them!

Anonymous:

-Helped wikileaks stay up, so that governments can't hide secrets from YOU
-Brought internet service to the Egyptian people in their revolution against Mubarak
-Took down government websites because they are censoring your internet

You can choose, keep sitting there in your lazy chair while your freedom of speech is taken away, or do something about it.

Seriously dude! Those people are not called morons, they're called protesters. Those people actually take their time and do something about the situation while you sit here complaining about them.

There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby SnowyCheetah » January 29th, 2012, 1:20 am

[quote="Woeler1"][quote="Wrightfan"]http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/european-parliaments-acta-monitor-quits-in-protest/2012/01/27/gIQALD5BWQ_story.html

I don't like them bringing up anon though. Those morons need to stay out of this :roll:[/quote]

Do you even know what these people stand for? I guess you don't know the slightest about them!

Anonymous:

-Helped wikileaks stay up, so that governments can't hide secrets from YOU
-Brought internet service to the Egyptian people in their revolution against Mubarak
-Took down government websites because they are censoring your internet

You can choose, keep sitting there in your lazy chair while your freedom of speech is taken away, or do something about it.

Seriously dude! Those people are not called morons, they're called protesters. Those people actually take their time and do something about the situation while you sit here complaining about them.

[/quote]

That's what I was getting at.

[quote="Wrightfan"][quote="StormySeethe"][quote="Wrightfan"]I don't like them bringing up anon though. Those morons need to stay out of this :roll:[/quote]

I wouldn't count on that.[/quote]

Yeeep :([/quote]

I was disagreeing with you, not agreeing.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby Wrightfan » January 30th, 2012, 12:33 am

They've also sent death threats to people, including children.
Wrightfan
Let's go Mets!

PreviousNext

Return to The Den