New Discovery in SOPA, PIPA, ACTA Issue

Re: New Discovery in SOPA, PIPA, ACTA Issue

Postby SnowyCheetah » January 30th, 2012, 5:54 am

[quote="Wrightfan"]They've also sent death threats to people, including children.[/quote]

Okay, I can see this is becoming a bash-The-Anonymous thread now because some of them did some bad stuff. I am trying to say that collectively their motives are not. Not to mention, anyone can claim to be one of them without *actually* being that in order to make them look bad.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby SophieCub » January 30th, 2012, 6:55 pm

[quote="MsNatalieRiddleStern"]ACTA has passed. Poland breaks out a strike, right...

Well, I would say that this isn't bloody fair >.> it's the same as decreasing your freedom on the internet while you barely have freedom in real life. Sure sure, pirating is bad, but that is sharing the file with everyone. I don't live in U.S though but UK had signed agreement on this ACTA. (I take my words in my previous post back.)

Just think, all AMV's and OWN MADE videos with a little bit of the Copyrighted music in it will be taken down. Not even the proof that you have bought the Film/Music discs will save you. Youtube already has enough of the Copyright s*** that they even take down videos.

I am against this bloody bill. I know I know, downloading is the same stealing, but when a person uploads a file and shares it with everyone, it is called SHARING, not stealing, stealing is something like, run into a store and grab a thing for 30 pennies (cents).

Don't judge me or get me wrong, I'm not against anyone's opinion here though, but if you want to discuss it with me, scribble a PM because I barely am on this site now.[/quote]

Does this mean YouTube will take down any AMV I put up from now on? Cause I have alot I wanna put up.. :/
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

Postby Woeler » January 30th, 2012, 7:17 pm

[quote="Wrightfan"]They've also sent death threats to people, including children.[/quote]

uhm, yes but there are two anonymous here
1. the anti-scientology anonymous (aka the one you're talking about)
2. the hackticist anonymous (aka the one I'm talking about)

anyway!

I live in the Netherlands and since our politicians do care for our freedom they did not sign ACTA.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby Azdgari » January 30th, 2012, 10:24 pm

Because by far the most important facet of the presidency is their views on the internet. The middle east might destroy itself and the economy might collapse, but if I can't watch Ghostbusters online illegally with the boys in the dorm tonight, I'VE HAD ENOUGH.

Fo realz. I know it's an issue, but I think people who -actually- need -real- freedom would be pretty angry if they knew we were getting up in arms like this over whether or not our AMVs can have copyrighted music without authorization.

Also, just email bands to get their permission to use their music. I've done it four times before when using music in movies and every time the band responded quickly and graciously.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Postby SnowyCheetah » January 31st, 2012, 4:59 am

[quote="Azdgari"]
Also, just email bands to get their permission to use their music. I've done it four times before when using music in movies and every time the band responded quickly and graciously.[/quote]

You mean they *actually* have the time and inclination to respond to requests made by their lowly customers? i.e. us?

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby Azdgari » January 31st, 2012, 9:15 pm

...Yeah? Musicians are rarely massive jerks in my experience. get to know us ;3
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Postby SnowyCheetah » February 1st, 2012, 12:59 am

Underground musicians are usually cool. Massively popular ones more often than not have so many fans trying to get ahold of them for stupid reasons, those with legit reasons are lost in the flood of messages and people trying to break into their house to steal their underwear.

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby Azdgari » February 1st, 2012, 11:19 pm

Well, try contacting the band on your next AMV and tell meh how it goes. C:
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Postby SnowyCheetah » February 2nd, 2012, 7:56 am

[quote="Azdgari"]Well, try contacting the band on your next AMV and tell meh how it goes. C:[/quote]

I shall! I thought we just had to rely on fair use or whatever. :B

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby BlueCheetahSpotz » March 23rd, 2012, 11:58 am

If this does pass, the Internet will never be the same again!
ImageImage
BlueCheetahSpotz

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): BCS
Pride Points: 1

PreviousNext

Return to The Den