New Discovery in SOPA, PIPA, ACTA Issue

Re: New Discovery in SOPA, PIPA, ACTA Issue

Postby DGFone » August 30th, 2013, 2:00 am

Maybe it isn't, but the Obama administration is still supporting it. At the end of the day, which would you rather do:

Cry out in agony when SOPA passes because you still want to believe a fairy tail that there's a politician who actually cares about non-donors?

Or would you rather say "Oh, my bad. Guess I was wring..." in the rare chance that Obama didn't actually support it. Also: he can still change his mind abut it and claim he was against it this entire time when coverage starts spreading, but if I were you, I won't buy it. Remember: there's no friends in politics. That especially counts towards the nobody.

From what I read, Obama is guilty. No matter how much he did and will deny it.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Regulus » August 30th, 2013, 2:31 am

Translation: OMG PEOPLE IN CONGRESS ARE IDIOTS, LET'S BLAME OBAMAH!

Are we done with that yet?
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby DGFone » August 30th, 2013, 4:40 am

[quote="Regulus"]Translation: OMG PEOPLE IN CONGRESS ARE IDIOTS, LET'S BLAME OBAMAH!
[/quote]

I guess you need to work on the translation. It's not as you put it, but

"OMG PEOPLE IN THE GOVERNMENT ARE IDIOTS. LET'S BLAME EVERYONE!" :roll:
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby Timon the great » March 16th, 2014, 4:46 am

'Not gonna get into any of this debate or want to cause any riff. But I saw this just a short while ago and apparently, the U.S. government is at this thing once again Image :

I'm pretty sure even if this thing fails again this year, it'll probably be back with us again in the next year or so. I should start uploading that 'fic I have been writing since November of last year, very soon before it does get really bad. Seriously.
Last edited by Timon the great on March 17th, 2014, 7:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby DGFone » March 17th, 2014, 7:21 am

Well of course they're at it again. They're getting paid by the companies to keep trying to pass this law. As long as there is money, they won't stop.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Remorazz » March 18th, 2014, 7:24 am

1:33 hahaha wtf?!? "puppy next"
:lol:
Thank You SophieCub: show
Remorazz

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Remo
Pride Points: 3

Postby FlipMode » March 21st, 2014, 2:22 pm

[quote="Timon the great"]'Not gonna get into any of this debate or want to cause any riff. But I saw this just a short while ago and apparently, the U.S. government is at this thing once again Image :

I'm pretty sure even if this thing fails again this year, it'll probably be back with us again in the next year or so. I should start uploading that 'fic I have been writing since November of last year, very soon before it does get really bad. Seriously.[/quote]

Lol @ "SOPA 2014" that's not how legislation works...
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby SharpLionson » June 27th, 2014, 1:42 am

As long as internet companies make millions of dollars for corporate sociopaths, and there are politicians open to bribe; this will never stop. In fact as long as an elite wealthy class exist, and politicians are allowed to execute militarized force to enforce their laws and economic status quo, the authoritarian right is always the direction that the political current will take, which means 1984 prison states ruled by a wealthy few, and as long as there is an apathetic majority, THEY have the advantage.
SharpLionson
Looking for Paradise

My eyes are spread wide open

Nickname(s): Will, Sharp, Bambi, Darklordbambi
Pride Points: 2

Previous

Return to The Den