Casey Anthony Trials

What's Your Verdict For Her Being A Murderer?

Guilty
62%
Not Guilty
5%
I don't know
5%
I don't know about the case enough to make a choice.
29%

Total votes : 21

Casey Anthony Trials

Postby CastielWinchester » July 7th, 2011, 4:38 pm

I wanted to post this here because I wanted to see what everyone's opinion is on this topic. I don't know how many people were following the case but Casey Anthony is a woman in her 20's that was accused of murdering her 2 year old daughter Caylee and burying her with duct tape in the forest near where she lived. She then continued partying and having a wild life. She also lied about having a job and friends and later reported that her daughter was kidnapped.

In the trial they marked her as Not Guilty for murder even though all evidenced pointed to her. She was only charged Guilty for 4 counts of lying to an officer which at the most will give her 4 years in jail. Although it seems she might be released as early as this August.

Personally I think she did murder her daughter. This trial made me very angry because no justice was found for little Caylee. Even if the 'story' that she 'drowned' was true, Casey should have at least gotten charged with child abuse. All the evidence pointed to her, and yet she still gets away.

What do you all think about this?
CastielWinchester
Your Lord and God.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I do not understand that reference.

Nickname(s): Cas
Pride Points: 3

Re: Casey Anthony Trials

Postby FlipMode » July 7th, 2011, 5:56 pm

[quote] It's not what you know. It's what you can prove in court.[/quote]

So she lied to the police about having a job and stuff? And to be honest I am not really too sure what to think of it, I mean who accused her in the first place? Did the police just get suspicious?
And if there is no evidence, then she can not be charged but surely the fact that she has lied to the police has to account for something. It sounds to me like the case will still continue even when she comes out of prison from the lying to police sentence.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby KopsTheTerminator » July 7th, 2011, 6:11 pm

Ugh, I can't believe this. Hello, it's really obvious... Why would she lie to the police and not care that her own child is missing? And besides c'mon, look at the timelines: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_o ... thony_case

Even if there isn't enough evidence the entire story makes sense, it's not hard to connect the dots. Meh, I'm against the death penalty so I believe she should be put in life in prison. Unless there will be evidence proving otherwise, I'll keep believing that she indeed murdered her child.. It's a shame, really. She's in the prime of her life and she possibly just ruined it because she murdered her daughter. What's wrong with people nowadays? :/
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Daenerys » July 7th, 2011, 6:23 pm

[quote="KopsTheTerminator"]Meh, I'm against the death penalty so I believe she should be put in life in prison. Unless there will be evidence proving otherwise, I'll keep believing that she indeed murdered her child.[/quote]

This, pretty much. I certainly think she's guilty.. it's just horrible.
Daenerys
♛ queen ♛

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

nightmare dressed like a daydream

Nickname(s): rena/dashie/whatever
Pride Points: 175

Postby CastielWinchester » July 7th, 2011, 6:30 pm

[quote="FlipMode"][quote] It's not what you know. It's what you can prove in court.[/quote]

So she lied to the police about having a job and stuff? And to be honest I am not really too sure what to think of it, I mean who accused her in the first place? Did the police just get suspicious?
And if there is no evidence, then she can not be charged but surely the fact that she has lied to the police has to account for something. It sounds to me like the case will still continue even when she comes out of prison from the lying to police sentence.[/quote]

The thing is her child went "missing" and she didn't report it until around 6 months later. In the meantime she was out getting a tatoo and partying and not acting like a grieving mother would be.
CastielWinchester
Your Lord and God.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I do not understand that reference.

Nickname(s): Cas
Pride Points: 3

Postby KopsTheTerminator » July 7th, 2011, 6:34 pm

Which makes it even more obvious. Ugh. Does she even have a brain? She could have at least tried to act concerned... Poor child. This is why people shouldn't get pregnant before they get married... :/ I've heard of a case where a teenager gave birth to a baby in her bathroom and throw it out of the window. She lived a damn apartment.. The baby lived but had really bad injuries that may affect its entire life. Sad.
KopsTheTerminator

Postby FlipMode » July 7th, 2011, 6:44 pm

Oh right, I did not really research it and this is the first I have really heard about it. But now you mention that, it sounds much more likely that she did in fact murder her daughter then. I mean how far could a 2 year old possibly go? And if my 2 year old daughter was missing I would report it pretty much straight away.

It is still a case of being able to prove the accusations though, unfortunately. We can all think she is guilty all we want, but this is just a huge injustice, it happens unfortunately. That being said, people have been charged under the basis of even less evidence than there seems to be in this case, so I am not really sure...
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby Arani » July 7th, 2011, 7:54 pm

Apparently she told her parents and others that caysee was out of town when they didn't see her for a while. Who sends their 2 year old out of town alone?!?!?!?! I think she did it, I mean come on, the evidence clearly says she's guilty. Juries these days... >_<
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby Annie » July 10th, 2011, 2:04 pm

[quote="KopsTheTerminator"]Which makes it even more obvious. Ugh. Does she even have a brain? She could have at least tried to act concerned... Poor child. This is why people shouldn't get pregnant before they get married... :/ I've heard of a case where a teenager gave birth to a baby in her bathroom and throw it out of the window. She lived a damn apartment.. The baby lived but had really bad injuries that may affect its entire life. Sad.[/quote]

Just a little point ^^ It's morons and psycos who shouldn't have kids, not unmarried women!

I don't know enough about the case to comment anymore.
R.I.P Annie, Holly, Spike, Louie, Mel, Robbie, Mr.H, Molly, Archie, Blobby and Dancer <3
Annie
Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Rawr

Pride Points: 29

Postby TheLionQueen » July 11th, 2011, 8:06 am

All I know is that this case was started in like 2004-2005 and that this lady doesn't deserve to get off. Even if she didn't kill her child (which I think she is guilty for) her child was in her care and she lied to the police and many people covering up the truth, it was child abuse for her jus useing the chemicals to put her out toeing her child up in leaving her inns car while she partied. Really she shouldn't have a child if she won't take care of it. These are the children who would be better off in a foster home. Far far away from their real parents.
TheLionQueen

Nickname(s): Rachel or TLQ
Pride Points: 33

Next

Return to The Den