Sleep paralysis?

Re: Sleep paralysis?

Postby Woeler » January 17th, 2012, 11:51 pm

[quote="SilverSimba01"]Nathalie: yes, it has been happening few times, I have no idea why this happen to me

FromNZbrotha: I know, sometimes I fear that I would be able to move again when this sleep paralysis happen[/quote]

Most common causes
-sleeping face upwards
-recent stress
-recent environmental/lifestyle changes
-overconsumption of alcohol in combination with no or less sleep
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby SlayerOfLight » January 17th, 2012, 11:56 pm

@woeler

''Most common causes
-sleeping face upwards
-recent stress
-recent environmental/lifestyle changes
-overconsumption of alcohol in combination with no or less sleep''

thats why I never sleep on my back XD and as for the last cause, I barely even sleep 3 or 4 hours usally every night when I gotta work next day, lol. hope it won't come to me
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Regulus » January 18th, 2012, 12:00 am

I've never experienced anything like this. I guess I'm like a cat, lol. As soon as I'm awake, I'm ready to run if I need to.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Woeler » January 18th, 2012, 12:01 am

In ancient writings it is also refered to as "pressed down by ghost", this somewhat explains nathalie's experience
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Pride Points: 120

Postby SlayerOfLight » January 18th, 2012, 12:03 am

^@woeler it's also know as the ''old hag syndrome'' as there are people who report seeing some evil old creepy lady during sleep paralysis, lol.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SilverSimba01 » January 18th, 2012, 12:03 am

well, there has been time that I sleep face upwards
for recent stress, well, no really, I have stress like anyone else but it always goes away
for changes, I don't think so on that one
and I definitely don't drink anything that contains alcohol I swear
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby AdAstrα » January 18th, 2012, 12:08 am

[quote="FromNZbrotha"]^@woeler it's also know as the ''old hag syndrome'' as there are people who report seeing some evil old creepy lady during sleep paralysis, lol.[/quote]
If I saw that, I'd need therapy afterwards.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby SlayerOfLight » January 18th, 2012, 12:14 am

@AdAstra well, I'm a mentally strong person. But I admit if I would ever see something nasty like that, I'd really need some R&R afterwards.
SlayerOfLight

Postby AdAstrα » January 18th, 2012, 1:07 am

Well I consider myself to be strong mentally as well. But that sort of thing...no. I would freak out so bad.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby nathalie » January 18th, 2012, 9:37 am

It wasn't an old lady, I know that, hehe.

I lay on my back all the time really.
I really do believe it was just caused by all the stress, 'cause hey, he was my very first boyfriend and in the end, he cheated on me with 2 girls, I had to move out and stuff. Rough times.
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Pride Points: 8

PreviousNext

Return to The Den