Sleep paralysis?

Re: Sleep paralysis?

Postby Woeler » January 17th, 2012, 11:04 pm

[quote="nathalie"]Don't get worried too much? Have you read my story ...
It was a horrible exprience :([/quote]
Uhm, i was talking to fromNZbrotha Xd

Maybe I should have quoted
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby nathalie » January 17th, 2012, 11:07 pm

@ Woeler1: Sorry about that then :)

@ FromNZbrotha: Thanks for that, but indeed, I'm not Christian, so calling upon one's name is not really for me :)
(but I am having a look at the link you gave me)

I was pretty shooked up about it, I'm not at all afraid of the dark, I can actually only sleep when it's pitch black, hehe, but being 24 and having to sleep with the lights on for about a month, was quite the experience aswell :s

About 2-3 months later though, when I was living back at my parents after leaving my ex and all, one night I was asleep and suddenly there's a person standing in front of my bed, just laughing at me.
I'm not sure if it was the same thing as happened before, or if it was just a dream, but it wasn't pleasant eather :s
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Woeler » January 17th, 2012, 11:11 pm

^ that depends, could you move? Could you talk? Could you think? Where you aware of the situation at that moment?
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Pride Points: 120

Postby nathalie » January 17th, 2012, 11:14 pm

All I can remember from then was, that I suddenly woke up, like you usually only see in movies, sweaty and gasping for air.

Afterwoods, I just kept thinking, it might have been an image of my ex laughing at me, because he got what he wanted (life without me, and a new wife and kids).
(that just seemed a way of explaining it to myself)
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Postby SlayerOfLight » January 17th, 2012, 11:17 pm

@kops well I'm not sure how my experience or dream or whatever should be called, but I just called it a lucid dream because I actually didn't know if I was awake or not. and I still don't know if I were awake or dreaming, because I remember how I clearly saw my friend's room. But I just know it was something diffrent.

@nathalie thanks for reading the link, and I hope it helped you a little. I once had a dream where something told me: ''prayers can move mountains'' meaning, if you really pray with your heart and soul to Jesus Christ to help you getting rid of a sleep paralysis, it might work. ;)
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby SilverSimba01 » January 17th, 2012, 11:24 pm

I have been having sleep paralysis since I was in last year of elementary school, up to this days there has been night is which that sometimes when I dream something or when I'm starting to dream something there's when all the sudden I'm starting to feel like something is pressing me, I start to feel like I can't breath or move
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby nathalie » January 17th, 2012, 11:31 pm

@ FromNZbrotha: I have no problems with people who believe, that they do that, and they find out it works for them, all the better off course.
But I'm not a believer in any way, so I don't think that would work for me, hehe.
But thanks though!

However, I do believe, that something like that, could come from a big deal of stress, and things you are going through in life.
I really believe that "regular" nightmares are based on that.

Fortunetly it happend back in 2007, and has never happened again.

@ SilverSimba01: this has happend a few times to you?
Did something happen maybe? Are you mad about something?

There must be some reasons why you can experience something like that.
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Postby SlayerOfLight » January 17th, 2012, 11:31 pm

@SS Thats pretty messed up :S hope you'll get rid of them.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby AdAstrα » January 17th, 2012, 11:32 pm

Never had this and hope I never do, it would completely freak me out.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby SilverSimba01 » January 17th, 2012, 11:42 pm

Nathalie: yes, it has been happening few times, I have no idea why this happen to me

FromNZbrotha: I know, sometimes I fear that I would be able to move again when this sleep paralysis happen
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

PreviousNext

Return to The Den