Sleep paralysis?

Re: Sleep paralysis?

Postby SlayerOfLight » January 18th, 2012, 10:08 am

@nathalie dont you think it also could've possibly be something supernatural, rather then stress? after all, you already convinced yourself you were clearly awake.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby nathalie » January 18th, 2012, 12:13 pm

Hmm, no, not really, as I'm a down-to-earth-kind-of-girl, I don't really believe in any of those things actually.
Because of everything I was going through at the time, I think I could have explained it so easy due to stress and the recent events.

I'm not even sure what to think about, something supernatural.
Meaning something could have been out to get me?
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby SlayerOfLight » January 18th, 2012, 12:19 pm

@nathalie well, there are alot of people who had the exact same thing like you, while they didn't even had stress or any problems. it just randomly happens to alot of people, as if ''something'' is prowling arround like a roaring lion, seeking anyone to devour. not to try and scare you btw, but I think something was after you. And I know whitout doubt that there really are things which science doesn't even know about.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nathalie » January 18th, 2012, 12:36 pm

Probably my ex trying to get me out of his house or something then.
Or something that happend during my school years, I was always being left out and hurt.

I haven't had another one since then, I can sleep without the lights off again, I ain't afraid of staying home alone at night, so I'm doing pretty good again, hehe.
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby SlayerOfLight » January 18th, 2012, 12:45 pm

@nathalie It has been said by many people who had sleep-paralysis as well, that these evil spirits or demons as I call them, feed on negative emotions. and alot of stress, depression, and as well arguments with boyfriends might attract them. It is science who say it's just a hallucination. But clearly your own senses told you otherwise, and rather seemed to warn you about something threatening. much like that animals can feel threats as well. for example, before the tsunami came in 2004, many animals were already even in panic before the disaster stroke.
SlayerOfLight

Postby Woeler » January 18th, 2012, 5:39 pm

[quote="FromNZbrotha"]@nathalie It has been said by many people who had sleep-paralysis as well, that these evil spirits or demons as I call them, feed on negative emotions. and alot of stress, depression, and as well arguments with boyfriends might attract them. It is science who say it's just a hallucination. But clearly your own senses told you otherwise, and rather seemed to warn you about something threatening. much like that animals can feel threats as well. for example, before the tsunami came in 2004, many animals were already even in panic before the disaster stroke.[/quote]

The detection of disasters by animals is not paranormal. Some animals are able to detect earthquakes and tsunami's either by their hearing (which is more developed than the human hearing) or by detecting vibrations in the earth. Just because humans can't do this does not mean it is spiritual. In these kind of situations animals detect the things and their instincts tell them to go to higher grounds or move to another location.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Pride Points: 120

Postby SlayerOfLight » January 18th, 2012, 5:50 pm

@woeler then who knows we also have our instict that tells us wether there's a danger or not. I personally believe someone with a horrific case of sleep paralysis, shouldn't let others convince him or her it's only a hallucination, but rather follow his/her own senses. And not everything is well known about animals. we'll never be able to fully understand them, such as we'll never know what dogs dream about. it's possible for animals to contain a 6th sense which warns them of danger. There was said animals automatically moved to highler land as if they knew a tsunami was comming. Just saying, we might never fully understand an animal's mind besides it's basic instinct.
SlayerOfLight

Postby Woeler » January 18th, 2012, 6:21 pm

[quote="FromNZbrotha"]@woeler then who knows we also have our instict that tells us wether there's a danger or not. I personally believe someone with a horrific case of sleep paralysis, shouldn't let others convince him or her it's only a hallucination, but rather follow his/her own senses. And not everything is well known about animals. we'll never be able to fully understand them, such as we'll never know what dogs dream about. it's possible for animals to contain a 6th sense which warns them of danger. There was said animals automatically moved to highler land as if they knew a tsunami was comming. Just saying, we might never fully understand an animal's mind besides it's basic instinct.[/quote]

If we can't know we should definitely not imply stuff. If you convince yourself the things you saw were real is a pretty lousy thing to do as it can't possibly be real. Hallucinations give a certain brain activity and this activity has been measured on people who experienced sleep paralysis. We will indeed never fully understand animals, but that does definitely not mean there's something weird crazy and beyond human thinking going on. In fact it would go against all biology we know to imply stuff like that.
There's also nothing like a 6th sense. Senses are: Seeing, Smelling, Hearing, tasting and feeling. The knowing of danger coming is determined by basic instincts and not by senses.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Postby SlayerOfLight » January 18th, 2012, 6:37 pm

Well, I dont think science has any right to declare everything a hallucination, especially the many type of experiences from others. the doctrines of men claim everything which is an abomination to science as ''fake'' or ''hallucination''. sure there are theories with evidence. But that doesn't mean scientists have the right to simply draw a quick solution like: YOU'RE HALLUCINATING! I think people who have been through many paranormal stuff know better about their own experience then others. I'm not saying a thing like hallucinations don't excist. but there are limits as well for things that are hallucinations or not. If most sleep paralysis experiences are hallucinations, then I dont understand why almost everyone describes feeling, hearing, and seeing the same things. And I also never said animals which predict disasters are supernatural though. Let's assume it's their instinct, something we also have.
SlayerOfLight

Postby Woeler » January 18th, 2012, 6:55 pm

[quote="FromNZbrotha"]Well, I dont think science has any right to declare everything a hallucination, especially the many type of experiences from others. the doctrines of men claim everything which is an abomination to science as ''fake'' or ''hallucination''. sure there are theories with evidence. But that doesn't mean scientists have the right to simply draw a quick solution like: YOU'RE HALLUCINATING! I think people who have been through many paranormal stuff know better about their own experience then others. I'm not saying a thing like hallucinations don't excist. but there are limits as well for things that are hallucinations or not. If most sleep paralysis experiences are hallucinations, then I dont understand why almost everyone describes feeling, hearing, and seeing the same things. And I also never said animals which predict disasters are supernatural though. Let's assume it's their instinct, something we also have.[/quote]

Then let me ask you something. What sounds more ridiculous? A person claiming that a demon sat on him while he was asleep or a person who tells you he hallucinated about a demon sitting on him while he was asleep? There is all reason to claim it as false because there is NO evidence to such creatures existing. Not to say that there IS clear evidence of people hallucinating during sleep paralysis. Seeing, hearing, feeling are all part of sleep paralysis. Your brain is fully functioning in this state of sleep. Why everybody describes seeing and hearing the same things is simply because all minds work the same way. It's the state of sleep that causes malfunction and this malfunction is the same in every human being.
Woeler

PreviousNext

Return to The Den