The SOPA bill

The SOPA bill

Postby SilverSimba01 » November 16th, 2011, 3:23 am

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, if isn't please, move it to where it has to be. I don't post something in this topic but this is something that I think you should know, I saw it in this show

Attack of the Show: The Loop: The Fight against the SOPA bill

OK, I don't know if you might know about this. The congress is on the move to vote on this bill know as SOPA(Stop Online Piracy Act) which it would give the government the power to shut down any site that contains any copyright content, this indangers site like Facebook, Tweeter, YouTube, etc
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Re: The SOPA bill

Postby SnowyCheetah » November 16th, 2011, 5:18 am

Jeebus. >.>

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby Moka » November 16th, 2011, 6:02 am

It also endangers MLK. This is big news. If it gets passed, a lot of things will change for the worse.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby SnowyCheetah » November 16th, 2011, 6:07 am

I've already locked down my site for the time being, I hope this doesn't pass.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby DGFone » November 16th, 2011, 6:51 am

If they pass it, the U.S. will become the most illegal place to do anything regarding the internet.

And get this: There is a new, similar bill introduced in the House: http://blogs.hbr.org/cs/2011/10/e-parasite_threatens_internet.html
While SOPA can simply make websites that have copyright infringement "vanish", the house bill is even worse.
E-PARASITE will make websites vanish, but it will also force immediate suspension of funds to the owners who have been flagged as potential infringers. Oh, and craigslist and E-bay qualify as infringers. (Along with Google, Youtube, Wikipedia... you get the point) It will even target sensitive websites like banks and Paypal, forcing them to operate from servers in not-so-safe locations.

I had a long rant against these bills, but I remembered a great quote from a book read.
Now, as much as you like it or not, America is still #1 in the world. This is important to mention, because here is the quote:

"As long as you censor the internet, you will never be able to be number one."

And these bills are supposed to help us. Think about it, our great representatives.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG

Postby Ultra Fox » November 16th, 2011, 6:54 am

^ My reaction.

Seriously. Whatever people came up with this bill are a bunch of morons.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby DGFone » November 16th, 2011, 6:58 am

^Absolutely!

Here is SOPA: http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-h3261/show

And its (even more) evil twin: http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-s968/show

Actually, this is better:

What's even more interesting is that both of these bills have a serious chance of getting the supreme court banhammer for interfering with personal rights.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby Moka » November 16th, 2011, 7:05 am

Please join the protest: http://americancensorship.org
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ultra Fox » November 16th, 2011, 7:07 am

If this thing passes, then it's a final sign that Congress has completely gone down the crapper.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby DGFone » November 16th, 2011, 7:08 am

^Should be called worldcensorship, considering how many major websites that the entire world uses (YouTube, Google) are based on the US and are already singled out as targets. These bills will hard the entire world, not just the US.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Next

Return to The Den