Does music really improve the quality of your work?

Does music really improve the quality of your work?

Postby Misiziri » September 9th, 2011, 12:08 am

When listening to music, is work easier to complete? Does it help you focus? For me, it doesn't help as I get too engrossed in whatever song and end up not wanting to do my work. Apparently, the answer depends on the person. Does it help you out, or do you work in the quiet?
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Re: Does music really improve the quality of your work?

Postby Azdgari » September 9th, 2011, 12:10 am

Either or, although it's very easy for me to get distracted since I typically listen very actively/analytically. A sometimes good, sometimes annoying byproduct of being a serious musician.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Annie » September 9th, 2011, 12:42 am

For me, yes yes yes yes yes yes!

I only listen to music that would fit the scene though.
R.I.P Annie, Holly, Spike, Louie, Mel, Robbie, Mr.H, Molly, Archie, Blobby and Dancer <3
Annie
Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Rawr

Pride Points: 29

Postby Misiziri » September 9th, 2011, 12:43 am

If I draw, music greatly helps me, as well as viewing landscapes :) As far as schoolwork goes, it hinders me and I can't get work done.
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby SimbasMate » September 9th, 2011, 12:47 am

For graphics, yes, because I usually make a graphic to the song that I am listening to. But anyways, if I am working in school or doing work, I cannot listen to music. Even if it's my favorite band. I have to have it quiet, or else I will get distracted. >.<
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby Eli_Ayase » September 9th, 2011, 12:49 am

For me, I listen to it all the time and it helps me drawing very much, when I write, it kinda disturbs me and knocks me off from writing the right word because I like to sing along the song. But yea, it improves me. Even though I write and draw in the dark :lol: I never liked drawing and writing during day-light.
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby Tabby » September 9th, 2011, 4:25 am

Well, I listen to music all day, so do things without music, simply become annoying.

The music is very effective for instance when I do graphics or when I'm running, I concentrated more on her and let the mind run alone, which helps me a lot...

the only time I can not hear music is when I'm studying, I can not remember things very well if I do it.

Victory, at last!
Tabby
Back from the ashes

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Deess, LxL, Jose, Bean, Burrito
Pride Points: 103

Postby Panda-chan » September 9th, 2011, 5:19 am

Absolutely not. I literally cannot do anything while listening to music, much less something as arduous as homework, which requires a lot of thinking and analyzing. Due to my ADHD, my attention span is already very small, and splitting it up even further is a nightmare for me. :P I am such a failure at multi-tasking, that I can't even keep up with multiple MSN conversations at once XD So no, music does not improve the quality of my work, it just breaks my concentration and distracts me. Even small noises irritate me, which is why I need absolute silence in order to concentrate on something.
The only exception is when I'm running, and listening to music. It helps me stay in step and is a nice distraction from the heat and tiring activity.
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby KopsTheTerminator » September 9th, 2011, 9:02 am

Yes, yes it does. I usually can't even be bothered to do my homework unless I'm listening to music. I have no idea why, I usually put the sound really low so I won't pay too much attention to it... just enough to get me motivated to do something.
KopsTheTerminator

Postby AdAstrα » September 9th, 2011, 3:24 pm

Sometimes it does, and other times it really doesn't. It sort of depends on my mood :)
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Next

Return to The Den