Does music really improve the quality of your work?

Re: Does music really improve the quality of your work?

Postby emily123 » November 5th, 2011, 1:43 am

Greatly. I can get work done fine in silence, but I'm most productive when music is being played.
My DeviantART|My Animation Source Profile|My YouTube|My Howrse
Question wuz here. Question loves Emily. :p Oh, and it's MY peanut butter!
emily123

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Your everyday forum creeper~

Nickname(s): Emi, Emmy
Pride Points: 6

Postby FlipMode » November 5th, 2011, 10:50 am

Not really, its about the same but with the added distraction of changing songs etc. Plus if I am doing work then I probably need to be able to hear things around me too so, no it doesn't. I used to think it did, but it is in the mind, I mean I do listen to music while I work sometimes, but I cant say it improves it at all =/
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Taka » November 5th, 2011, 1:05 pm

[quote="SimbasMate"]For graphics, yes, because I usually make a graphic to the song that I am listening to. But anyways, if I am working in school or doing work, I cannot listen to music. Even if it's my favorite band. I have to have it quiet, or else I will get distracted. >.<[/quote]

Same :cool2:
Taka

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 26

Postby Tekir » November 5th, 2011, 4:10 pm

Maybe when I do something that's related to arts but, that aside, it does not help me when I need to work on something or do school work. It just distracts me and then I can't fully concentrate on what I'm doing. =P
^Amazing sig by SCHD or La'Vie. Thanks a lot! =D
Ask me stuff! | Fanart | OT art
Tekir
That guy with a hat

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

You're despicable

Nickname(s): Tek, Tigerhat
Pride Points: 27

Postby Regulus » November 8th, 2011, 3:26 am

The trick is to listen to the right kind of music. I have found that ambient music tends to work best. It isn't distracting at all, I just concentrate and don't even realize I'm doing it. It almost puts me in some sort of meditative stance, so to speak.

Put this on, do some homework, and next thing you know you'll have burned 9 minutes without even realizing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uzPNIdvXTc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAeccsh1VJ4
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby WindAnnWise » February 1st, 2012, 7:58 pm

It helps me out a lot, though depending on the song, I can get too engrossed in it and not get things done as quickly as I would like.
I am also a big fan of: Phantom of the Opera, High School Musical, Harry Potter, Disney in general, Days of Our Lives, musicals in general, Dr. Seuss in general and the Grinch.

"Sometimes, it's better not to say anything."- Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson
WindAnnWise
The Quiet One

Is anybody out there?

Nickname(s): Windy, Wind Ann
Pride Points: 5

Postby SophieCub » February 1st, 2012, 9:29 pm

Music always helps me, thats why I hate how I'm not allowed to listen to my Ipod in school. It would improve my work. Cause' when I'm listening to music it makes me relaxed and less stressed. It's like I'm in a different world, I also find reading easier when I listen to music.
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

Postby SlayerOfLight » February 1st, 2012, 10:11 pm

No it doesn't. this dutch crap music being played everyday over and OVER again at my work on the stupid radio, is VERY depressing and only slows my production down.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Kaidenbear2011 » February 7th, 2012, 11:43 pm

I find that it helps me because I feel more upbeat and motivated by the music.
Pansexual and proud
Kaidenbear2011
The pan-sexual Fox

I am a survivor

Pride Points: 1

Postby mamaprince » March 18th, 2013, 5:57 pm

It helps me focus real well.
Sig by Ninven on DA.
mamaprince
Future Storm chaser

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It's the wonder of nature baby!

Nickname(s): Mp, Stormchaser Rachel, Rachel Storm
Pride Points: 18

PreviousNext

Return to The Den