[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - A New Tale of the Pride Lands (Julie and Adofo) — My Lion King Forum

A New Tale of the Pride Lands (Julie and Adofo)

Re: A New Tale of the Pride Lands (Julie and Adofo)

Postby Carl » November 15th, 2014, 4:43 am

"Yes sire!" Zazu complied, taking to the skies again.

"Dad, we didn't even see him until it was too late," Simba mumbled to Mufasa as they stood over Adofo's limp and unmoving body. Before Mufasa could answer, the cub spoke again, "Is he going to be okay?"

"Mufasa, what happened to our boy?" Sarabi demanded, rushing over and nuzzling Adofo.

---

Meanwhile, unaware of the trouble nearby, Sarafina had taken Mheetu with her to check on Koma, and Tama was still visiting the newcomer as well. Scar was surprisingly kind towards them all, well for Scar. Sarafina had caught them all some food and they had eaten well enough. Now, she and Scar were simply lazing about watching the cubs play, silently lounging as felines are apt to do.

"Owie, I think that bug bit me!" Mheetu whined.

"Ha! I'm sure it doesn't hurt that much," Tama laughed. Koma, however, padded over to the smaller cub and asked to see his paw. Whimpering, he showed it to her. Carefully, she gave it a lick, but she didn't see a wound at all.

"It looks like it will be okay, little guy," she told him gently.

"He probably just slid it across a blade of grass at the wrong angle, or stepped on a pebble," Tama said, kicking a pebble across the ground for emphasis. Koma shrugged, but otherwise didn't respond. Mheetu however, turned and trotted back to his mother, where he laid down and snuggled up against her.

Tama and Koma however continued talking and playing nearby, and Koma enjoyed it, because unlike the others who had talked to her, Tama wasn't asking about where she'd come from or how she'd ended up under that rock. She was just interested in having a nice time with the newcomer and so they chatted merrily and tussled, having good old-fashioned fun.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Adofo » November 15th, 2014, 4:49 am

Mufasa: Zuberi......he came back. He chased the boys and Nala. I guess he caught up to Adofo and he got him with his horn and slammed him into a wall of rock. I could hear it while I was running towards them! I got rid of Zuberi....but I hope he'll be okay!
Just then the mandrill can inside rushing to the boys aid. He examined him and noticed how very little he was breathing and his broken leg.
Rafiki: Sarabi...can you and Simba wait outside? Please! I need to work on him!
Mufasa nuzzled his mate with tears in his eyes.
Mufasa: Do as he says......he'll be okay!
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Nickname(s): Dofo, Dr. Cody, Dr. Dofo
Pride Points: 53

Postby Carl » November 15th, 2014, 5:25 am

Sarabi just nodded and ushered her son out of the den. She took him around the back of the rock to the sunning stones where most of the pride was now gathered, confused as to what was transpiring. Naanda approached her sister and nuzzled her comfortingly, hoping that she was okay. The lionesses all were concerned, but the cubs had been shielded as best they could be. Simba felt it was all his fault; he'd known this day would be bad from early in the morning, but he'd put Nala and Adofo in danger all the same.

Glumly, the young prince made his way over to a lonely stone and curled up, starting out across the savanna uncertainly.

---

"The lionesses have all left the den at once; and not for a hunting party," Scar murmured.

"Odd," Sarafina noted, following his gaze, "Something must have happened."

"Indeed. Hopefully nothing tragic," he concurred.

"I'd better go check it out. Do you mind watching these cubs on your own for a moment?" she asked. Scar huffed, but nodded. She smiled warmly, "Thank you."
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Adofo » November 15th, 2014, 5:35 am

After a little while Mufasa came around back and went up to Sarabi. He laid a big leaf down on the ground that he was carrying so he could talk.
Mufasa: Sarabi.....Adofo is pretty bad.....Rafiki is doing all he can......but he thinks........there is a very high chance....he won't make it!
His eyes filled with tears. He moved as close to his mate as he could to comfort her. Then he turned over towards his son and handed him the leaf.
Mufasa: Simba...this is for you. We found it on Adofo.
The leaf had written on it in berry juice "Simba go look under the big smooth rock behind Priderock!" Unknown to any of them, under the rock was a little wooden statue Adofo made. It was of him and Simba hugging and on the base it had carved in the side "For the best brother the world has ever known! Best friends forever! Simba and Adofo" it was very well made and highly detailed. The little boy poored his heart and soul into it.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Postby Carl » November 15th, 2014, 4:59 pm

"Ah geez..." Simba murmured. "It's all my fault. I shouldn't have let him come with us! I shouldn't have left Pride Rock at all..."

The cub turned and fled, doing his best not to cry, and leaving the wooden figure with his family. He climbed to the highest peak of Pride Rock, the one that looked down on the entirety of the kingdom, including the promontory from which the lions held ceremonies. He stood there, looking off at the plains below, tears streaming down his face, and tried his best to roar his agony. The sound was so weak, however, that it didn't carry. He ended up falling to the rock, sobbing, and clenching his pawtoes, consequently, his claws began to dig into the pads of his paws, but he barely noticed in his sorrow.

It was as Simba was fleeing that Sarafina arrived, and called out Sarabi's name. The queen turned around.

"What's happened? What's going on?" her friend asked, voice full of concern, especially when she laid eyes on an upset looking Nala.

"It's Adofo," Sarabi replied gravely, "The cubs were out playing and he's been injured badly.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Adofo » November 15th, 2014, 7:34 pm

A few minutes later Mufasa went up to get Simba.
Mufasa: Son......come on......Rafiki is going to tell us the news.
After the family came back to the entrance of the den, Rafiki stepped outside. But had no sign of relief or happiness on his face.
Rafiki: He was in bad shape......his leg is shattered and the blow he took was very intense.....I'm afraid.......he's gone.....I'm so sorry.
Mufasa began to weep over his son. Not even he could hold back his tears anymore. He nuzzled his mate to comfort her and pulled their son close to them.
Mufasa: No........no...not Adofo...

(Don't worry. He'll be okay. I was thinking maybe like Simba could rush over to him and hug him and just like beg for him to live. Then after a few seconds he slowly comes back. Is that okay?)
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Postby Carl » November 17th, 2014, 12:59 am

Simba couldn't believe it, and tears began to flow more heavily from his drooping eyelids and he buried his face in his mother's fur for a few moments, crying in inconsolably. Sarabi had hidden her own face in Mufasa's mane, hiding her own tears. Seeing their reactions, Sarafina ushered Nala farther away to try and block this from her for as long as possible, and was grateful that little Mheetu was with Scar for the moment. Simba's heart wrenched and he sobbed uncontrollably. At last, his throat sore from heaving and his vision blurred, his body dry and aching, the young prince lowered his paw from his mother's leg and slowly, his legs like lead, made his way over to Adofo's body.

"I'm so sorry, this is all my fault," Simba mumbled, placing a paw gently on the ape cub's chest.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Adofo » November 17th, 2014, 1:13 am

Mufasa guided his mate to their sons and put a paw on Simba's head.
Mufasa: It'll.......it'll be okay son...
A few drop of Simba's tears rained down onto his brothers face. Then something happened. Adofo's eyes started to crack open. His right leg and arms twitched a little and he slowly opened his mouth.
Adofo: S-si-simba?
Mufasa's eyes widened upon hearing his sons voice.
Mufasa: Adofo!? ADOFO! HE'S ALIVE!
Slowly Adofo rested his hand on top of his little brothers paw that laid on his chest
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Postby Carl » November 18th, 2014, 8:36 pm

"Adofo, we thought you were dead," Simba gasped, "Why did you do that! I knew I shouldn't have let you come with us! I mean thanks, for saving me, but... you shouldn't have done that, and you shouldn't have been there. This is all my fault."

Sarabi smiled softly, wiping away her tears and turned to Rafiki, "Is it likely he will make a recovery? Or is it too much to hope for?"

(Sorry, it's so short after so long, I didn't have much to go on).
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Adofo » November 18th, 2014, 9:48 pm

(Yeah i know. SOrry.)

Rafiki: Well....it's truly a miracle! The great kings clearly didn't want him to go yet! I think after his leg heals, he'll be just fine!
Adofo: Hey...you're my little brother.....I'd do anything to protect you! ANd you should know..I'd never leave you!
Adofo pulled his brother in close for a hug. Mufasa did the same as he hugged his boys and his mate.
Mufasa: We're so glad you're okay son! .....So Simba.....explain what happened.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

PreviousNext

Return to Lion King Roleplaying