[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - A New Tale of the Pride Lands (Julie and Adofo) — My Lion King Forum

A New Tale of the Pride Lands (Julie and Adofo)

Re: A New Tale of the Pride Lands (Julie and Adofo)

Postby Carl » November 28th, 2014, 2:50 am

"Well... I forgive you. You are my brother after all..." Scar replied in his usual tone of voice. Sarabi looked down at her son and smiled softly.

"I will assemble a part and see what we can do about that son," she told him, giving the boy a lick before leaving the cave. Scar watched her leave and then turned to Mufasa.

"I should go, eh? Leave you to your son, let him rest..."

---

"Yeah," Simba answered his friend softly, smiling slightly, "He's pretty hurt, but Rafiki said he's going to recover."

"That's good to hear, I was really worried when he jumped into that rhino's attack," Nala replied. She hastily added, "I'm glad you're okay too SImba. Your dad showed up just in time."

"Yeah," Simba beamed, "My dad's the greatest."
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Adofo » November 28th, 2014, 3:02 am

Mufasa turned to his son with a smile and laid down beside him.
Mufasa: I'm very proud of you, Adofo! What you did for your brother really touches my heart! I really let's me see just how much you love and care for him! And I know Simba thinks you are the best brother ever! .......I certainly could have been a little better.
Adofo: ....What do you mean Dad?
Mufasa: Well......while me and your Uncle were growing up.....we sort of....split paths. At one point.....he just let the fact that...I was going to be King, and not him, consumed him. He hasn't been the same since. Maybe if I had figured something out before all of this......I don't know....maybe he'd be different. There's no real way to tell.
Adofo: ....But you still love him....right?
Mufasa: Yes Adofo...I do. But.....I do worry for his own well-being. Son.....until I find a way to help your Uncle....I want you, your brother and all the cubs to be a little more....careful...around him. Okay? Just....try to annoy him too much.
Adofo: Okay.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Nickname(s): Dofo, Dr. Cody, Dr. Dofo
Pride Points: 53

Postby Carl » November 30th, 2014, 6:40 pm

As Scar plodded back past, Koma leapt up and ran along after him, Simba and Nala watching curiously as she did so. "What's with her and your uncle?" the young lioness asked. The crown prince shrugged, stretching and laying down his head to rest after the insanity the day had been.

"Who knows? Maybe they're good for each other?" he said softly, beginning to purr just a little as he rested his head on his paws.

When they were back in his cave, Scar had stretched, a sour look etched into his features, and plopped to the hard rock beneath him. Koma padded over excitedly, and curled up near, but not too near to him.

"Scar?" she asked carefully, "Can you tell me more about yourself and the king?"

Scar raised an eyebrow and then grimaced, "If you're interested in a tale of treachery and cruelty, I can certainly oblige."

"What do you mean?" the cub wondered aloud.

"When we were your age, Mufasa and I were the most loving of brothers; he was good to me, and I to him. There was a time when I thought nothing would ever, could ever come between us, but I was very, very wrong. One day, our father told us that Mufasa was the prince destined to become king. I congratulated my brother, and at first felt only slight disappointment that it were not I who had received the title. But knowing that he would be king... it changed Mufasa. He grew cruel and began to use his future position to taunt me, to belittle me, to bully me... He always claimed it was in good fun, but he was the only one laughing, he was the only one smiling...

"The other cubs took up his behaviors as well, no one giving my genius any respect at all simply because 'what do you know, you're not the future king.' It was extremely hurtful and belittling, and with all of the cubs driving me away from them, I had to seek out other friendships. I befriended a trio of young and harmless hyena; they were dimwitted and innocent, and they appreciated me for who I was, instead of making a joke of me simply for not being my brother. Mufasa misunderstood when he saw us together, or so he claims, and the entire hyena clan was banished to the Elephant Graveyard. Though we had once been the best of friends, Mufasa had taken everything from me, and the more he took, the more badly I wished I were the one destined to be king, so that he would know how I had suffered, and so that he would lose what was his...

"But alas, it was not to be. As we've grown, we have tried to maintain an uneasy alliance, but the damage has already been done, and Mufasa doesn't comprehend what all he's done to me," Scar explained.

"That's awful..." Koma murmured, wondering if it could have possibly been a series of unfortunate misunderstandings.

"Yes well... there you have it. Now stop digging in the past." With that, he turned away from her, resting his head against the cold, hard rock with a scowl on his face.

(Please note, Mufasa's version of the past doesn't have to match this exactly because everyone remembers events differently, based on their perception of the events.)
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Adofo » November 30th, 2014, 7:14 pm

While his father wasn't looking, Adofo was up trying to walk around while his father took a nap. He knew he wouldn't approve of him walking around just yet. He slowly made his way outside and wandered over to his Uncle's cave. Inside he saw his Uncle and the gray cub resting in the cave. He was able to sneak past her and made his way to his uncle.
Adofo: Hey Uncle Scar!!!
Back in the den, after a minute, Mufasa noticed Adofo was gone.
Mufasa: Adofo? Adofo?! Has anyone seen Adofo?! ...Great, he must have some how wandered off somewhere! He shouldn't be walking yet in his condition!
Last edited by Adofo on December 2nd, 2014, 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Postby Carl » December 2nd, 2014, 12:16 am

Absorbed in her own little world, Koma had almost missed the ape cub's sneaking by. She didn't let on that she saw him however, because he was obviously trying not to be seen, and she had a lot on her mind. When he spoke, especially so loudly, she wondered why he'd even bothered sneaking, but still, she minded her own business, pushing a pebble around with her pawtoes as she pondered what she'd learned.

"What is it?" Scar asked the boy, a mild hint of annoyance audible in his voice.

(She wasn't asleep, so I'm not sure how anyone could sneak past her in that cave, especially if they spoke.)
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Adofo » December 2nd, 2014, 2:55 am

(He just wanted to surprise Scar, mainly.)

Adofo: I just wanted to spend some time with my favorite Uncle!
The little ape wrapped his arms around the dark colored lion's mane for a hug

(Sorry. idk what else to say for this)
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Postby Carl » December 2nd, 2014, 7:02 pm

"Would your parents approve of you walking about hurt as you are, pestering people?" Scar asked, the annoyance a bit more obviously dripping from his words now, his paws tensed and showing their claws. He fought back the urge to toss the cub off of himself and stalk away, fuming over the fact that Mufasa had failed to keep an eye on him. This was most atypical and infuriating. Wasn't the one cub he'd taken in enough pestilence?

(You're going to have to put in more effort or I can't keep doing this. You also need to pay more attention to what's happening, as Sarabi is out hunting the zebra Adofo asked for, and it's just Mufasa who was there to be "not looking" when he snuck away.)
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Adofo » December 2nd, 2014, 7:54 pm

Adofo: ...No....I had to sneak away. But while my mom is out getting me some food.....I just wanted to spend time with you! So tell me about yourself! What's your favorite color? What's your favorite food? What do you like to do? Who's your best friend?
The questions shot out of the ape cub like a machine gun. He wasn't meaning to annoy his uncle so badly, but he's just a child. All while he's asking his questions, he cuddles closer to his uncle. Now to annoy him, just to show off his affection for him. He also ruffled his mane because he just liked playing with his uncles black, slick mane.
Adofo: Hey uncle Scar, how much do you love me!?
He asked in a playful and also teasing voice
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Postby Carl » December 4th, 2014, 5:56 pm

Ignoring the onslaught of questions, Scar rose on his paws, dislodging the boy and losing a few mane hairs in the process, stating in the kindest way he could manage at the moment, "Oh dear, we wouldn't want you to get in trouble, now would we? Your daddy can have quite the nasty temper."

With that he began padding away, his tail swishing with agitation, as Koma watched silently from her place on the floor of his cave. She didn't get up to follow, merely glanced from the dark lion to the cub who had saved her from that rock and back again. Scar's paw pads softened his steps and allowed him to move past those of the pride between his cave and Pride Rock's den without being seen, not that he was trying to be sneaky. His face was set in a deep scowl as he ascended the stony pathway to the promontory and strode into the relative darkness of the den. When he saw Mufasa, his face switched to a bored and emotionless one, something that was very automatic when he saw his brother these days.

"Mufasa, I hate to intrude again but you seem to have misplaced your son," he said into the depths of the cave, his eyes gleaming against the darkness.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Adofo » December 4th, 2014, 7:00 pm

Mufasa turned around and saw his brothers eyes through the darkness as he spoke.
Mufasa: He was with you!? .....Odd...but.....thank you for the tip, Scar. I'll head over to your cave and retrieve him.
The King padded outside and down towards his brothers little den and inside he saw his son sitting on the ground.
Mufasa: Adofo!
He said with a stern voice.
Mufasa: Why did you wander off!? You shouldn't be walking around in your condition yet! You had me worried!
Adofo: I-I just wanted to talk to Uncle Scar! I'm sorry...
Mufasa: Until your leg is healed, don't you ever walk around on your own again! Is that clear?!
Adofo: .....Yes sir.....
Mufasa: Okay...and Adofo...I'm not trying to be mean. But your leg is badly injured. If you put too much strain on it then.....it may never heal! Or get worse! You're my son and I'm just trying to help and protect you. ...Okay?
Adofo: ...Okay. I know.
Mufasa: I'm glad! Now let's get you back to the den before your mother returns with your food!
The King picked up his son by the back of his little brown vest and carried him back up to the den.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

PreviousNext

Return to Lion King Roleplaying