[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Pride of Exiles — My Lion King Forum

Pride of Exiles

Re: Pride of Exiles

Postby TheWhistlerify » July 8th, 2014, 8:19 pm

Muroki immediately tensed up upon hearing Kaith's offer. Zuyu had escaped? He didn't know whether to be glad about that or not because now she appeared to be held captive by these 2 lionesses. He was so shocked that he didn't notice Laini was as dumbstruck as he was. "W-what?" he asked with eyes wide in horror. "No! Don't hurt her!" What was he supposed to do?

If he simply refused, the love of his life would die. If he attacked then he, his sister and Zuyu would most likely die. If he gave his sister to them then he might lose his sister and Zuyu in case they wouldn't give her back to him. This wasn't a choice he could take. "Please, I..." But he had to... "T-take me instead... Just let them both go..." His sister looked like she was about to burst into tears.

Laini could only stare in shock. What in the world was Rav's mother doing? She was crazy. Yes, that was it. The older lioness was nuts.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Nickname(s): TW
Pride Points: 22

Postby Ravvij » July 8th, 2014, 8:31 pm

"Good answer." Kaith said smiling and sat down in front of them. "Zuyu told us about what had happened. If your reactions and answers weren't just right I would have killed you and taken the cub back to her. We're offering our help to save your Pride, now, what can you tell us about these outsiders that have claimed your Pride?"
Kai knew she looked crazy. She'd been called that many times throughout her life. She knew she wasn't, Rav knew she wasn't, but to everyone else? It just made them fear her more. This was something she was good at. Making others uncomfortable and forcing them to act beyond their normal way of thinking. It forced others to think more carefully around her than they normally would.
A gust of wind came up and, like rain washing away old dirt, it washed away the tense and uncomfortable situation.
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Fear fear.

Nickname(s): Rav, Ravvij
Pride Points: 2

Postby TheWhistlerify » July 8th, 2014, 8:49 pm

Muroki simply continued to stand there as Kaith explained herself to him. He didn't know whether to be relieved or... anything else. This lioness was no ordinary lioness, there was no doubt about that. "I..." he briefly looked at his adolescent sister as she slowly stood next to him, still looking very uncomfortable as she did. "I was helping my sister practice her hunting until late in the evening. When we came back..."

There was a brief pause. "They were all dead... Our father, Zuyu's father and her brother... Everyone... Our mother was the only one who saw us, she told us that three males just killed all the males from our pride... She told me I had to leave or else they'd kill me too... I..." he once again looked at his sister. "Since these males didn't know my sister was there either I took the opportunity and brought her with me. I wasn't going to leave her there to be forced to mate with these brutes..."

The lion then looked at Kaith. Even though she'd given him quite a fright, he had a feeling he could trust her. "I can't challenge three males by myself... If you were to help us then we would all be in your debt. Zuyu... Where is she?" He was more than happy to know that she'd managed to escape and he was obviously dying to see her. His sister meanwhile couldn't keep her tears in as they began to roll down her cheeks. Her brother sat down and hugged her as she sobbed into his mane.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Postby Ravvij » July 8th, 2014, 9:29 pm

Kaith smiled at him. She was glad to know what they were dealing with, but more so that she didn't have to harm this lion. "We'll take you there. But if Zuyu says you're a stranger, I'll feed you to my son." she said only half joking. She then looked at Laini and said, "Your lessons begin now." the tone of her voice suggested that Laini had messed up by revealing Kaith. Kaith explained to Laini, on their way back, the importance of never giving up an advantage. Even though things had worked out, Kaith could not have been sure it wouldn't have turned out badly. Rather than scold her, Kain explained some basic politics and tactics to Laini that would have been foreign to someone not seeking a position of power; the position of a matriarch.
Kaith also apologized to Muroki's cub sister. She smiled at the cub gently while she spoke.
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Fear fear.

Postby TheWhistlerify » July 9th, 2014, 3:15 am

Not only did Muroki know that Zuyu would never say he was a stranger, but he also managed to somehow catch onto to Kaith's joking tone. He wasn't really in the mood ro joke around, though, so he simply smiled back politely without saying anything else as the older lioness lead the way. He hadn't a clue where they were going but these two lionesses could have out numbered and attacked him already had they meant any harm. While his sister was still uncomfortable, it seemed as if it was more because of what had happened to her pride rather than Kaith's behavior. Her apology seemed to have calmed the adolescent down a little.

Laini listened to every word Rav's mother said to her on the way. She immediately understood what the mistake she'd made earlier was; by revealing the Tsavo lioness's location she'd placed her in potential danger as well. Had they faced more than just one lion, it would have been better to have just her be killed rather than both of them. It felt nice to have Kaith explain things to her calmly this time. The young lioness also asked questions about in between the explanations in case she didn't fully understand anything.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Postby Ravvij » July 9th, 2014, 4:17 am

"But don't misunderstand me." Kaith finished up with Laini, "I wouldn't have pushed you out had I thought you might be hurt. I would have had us avoid a fight rather than risk your life or my own. It all comes down to tactics. What's the best solution? you should ask yourself. You never risk the lives of your Pride if you're not willing to risk your own."
By the time Kaith had finished her lesson to Laini, they were back with Rav, Zuyu, and Skauti. It looked as though Rav had talked with Skauti at length too.
"Muroki!" Zuyu called out, "Marini!"
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Fear fear.

Postby TheWhistlerify » July 9th, 2014, 5:33 am

Laini nodded at Kaith's words. "I understand." True, it wasn't pleasant to get pushed out of their hiding place like that not to mention that it was scary as well, but she should have known that the older lioness wouldn't have done that had they been face to face with more than just 1 lion. "And I realize why I shouldn't have revealed your location and presence. It meant possibly putting one more life at risk. I won't do it again." She was going to have to not panic too much in stressful situations if she were to think clearly.

When they got back, Muroki was so relieved to see Zuyu that he immediately ran over to her, not even paying attention to the young Tsavo male that was a short distance away. This was probably the older lioness's son, he figured. "Zuyu, you're okay!" His sister had followed him, obviously happy to see Zuyu and not wanting to leave her brother's side. He would have nuzzled and hugged her, but stopped when he saw all he injuries she had on her. "W-who's done this to you?" he asked with a slight growl, even though he'd already put the pieces together.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Postby Gemini » July 9th, 2014, 6:30 am

Skauti stiffened, a bit baffled by what Rav had said to him.

"Wait, so... you've only known her for a few days?" He raised a brow, looking skeptical. "But... you two... the affection. Doesn't it make you uncomfortable?"

He shook his head, snapping out of it. So, Rav had never lived in a pride. The other lioness was his mother, and she'd been training him to take one over... and he followed even though he'd never been in a pride before. He didn't know its benefits or its drawbacks himself. All his life he'd lived alone... so why, then, was he discontent with that life?

"Your mother led the pride, though. She..." his lips twisted and his ears flattened softly, thinking. "I'm sorry, it just doesn't make sense to me."

The younger lion quickly changed the subject, still feeling ill at ease and somewhat afraid of this obviously-much-larger lion. Perhaps it was better if they focused on the task at hand, anyway.

"What should we do? And what will we have to do to get through this pass safely?"

Skauti said nothing more about joining the pride, but he wanted Rav to know that, at least for now, he was supporting him. He, too, was capable of being logical and pragmatic, as they were.
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Ravvij » July 9th, 2014, 7:14 am

Rav looked back and forth between Zuyu and the mountains. It's going to be slow... and dangerous. His thoughts weighing the odds and planning for eventualities. However, none came to mind that weren't a very large risk. Risks, he knew, he just shouldn't take. Not yet.
"It's alright, Skauti. It's all a lot for me to take in as well. I just sit back and realize that only a certain few things that happen are within my control and the rest is just luck of the draw. If you're confused about something, ask, I'll answer as honestly and as I can. Now, as for traveling with Zuyu... I'm thinking we wait here for my mother and Laini to return. Maybe they have some good news or information. I would really like to know what we'll have to deal with."
"You don't like Prides, Skauti?" Zuyu asked, "Did something happen with your Pride?" she honestly didn't mean to pry, but she couldn't stop herself. Before she could get an answer, however, Zuyu heard a familiar voice calling her name. "Muroki?!" she stood up slowly. She looked to see her mate running towards her, trailed shortly afterwards by Marini, "And little Marini!" she smiled happily, relieved that not everyone she knew was killed.
"Who did this to me?" she repeated his question, "Those murderers that killed my family!" her words were hateful. She began to cry. Her sobs weren't very loud, but she crouched down and dug her claws into the dirt as hard as she could.
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Fear fear.

Postby TheWhistlerify » July 9th, 2014, 10:06 am

Muroki felt his anger rise within him when Zuyu told him what he already knew. Of course, he already hated these lions's guts for killing his father and pride members, but the way they'd hurt his mate only made him angrier. He took in a deep breath in order to calm himself down enough to speak normally. "Ssh, I'm here..." he said as reassuringly as he could. He lay down beside her and licked her forehead once, placing one of his paws on hers (gently, of course, in case she was hurt there as well). "I won't let anybody hurt you, I promise..."

There was another thing he felt like he needed to tell her. "I'm sorry I wasn't there... If I were I might have been able to help stop them..." His mother had only told him that he would have died as well when he'd last seen her, but that didn't make him feel any better about the whole thing. "And I'm sorry I just left when I found out... I should have tried to help you leave as well..." True, Zuyu had been long gone by the time he returned and he would have died had he tried to rescue her, but he still felt like he'd left his mate behind and he felt ashamed about it. "I'm really glad you're here..."

Laini meanwhile walked over to Rav, giving him a short nuzzle as a greeting. "This lion is from Zuyu's pride... Apparently he survived because he wasn't there when the rogues attacked so they don't even know he exists... He told us there are three of them..." She looked on as Muroki did his best to calm Zuyu down while Marini lay closely to him and rested her head against him, looking tired and uneasy. The adolescent lioness glanced at Skauti, but only for a brief moment. "I'm with you whatever you decide to do." She licked the lion across his muzzle once, smiling at him.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

PreviousNext

Return to Lion King Roleplaying