[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - (Private for TheWhistlerify) — My Lion King Forum

(Private for TheWhistlerify)

Re: (Private for TheWhistlerify)

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » June 25th, 2014, 5:00 pm

Dakari's stuttering and awkwardness hadn't gone unnoticed by Nura. She wondered whether it was just his usual self or if it was just the fact that she was a stranger. Either way, she wouldn't be too quick to judge. She did wonder where their mother was, but she wasn't going to probe into their lives. "Yeah, I saw a group of antelope at the waterhole, this looks like a good area" she contemplated.

At the mention of Akina, Nura looked over at the two cubs. Siri was now explaining how to play tag to a more excitable Akina. The younger cub was over the moon with having a playmate, even if she didn't quite understand how to play just yet. "Your Siri seems like a good influence. She must realise Akina is a bit new to all this" Nura said, shooting a smile to the cubs before smiling at Dakari.

Mjuvi, having had enough of sulking in the den, nudged Laini as he got up. "I'm heading off for a bit. I won't go far". He walked away. It wasn't that he didn't like the lioness, or her cub, he just thought Dakari was rushing into saying yes. He threw a teenage strop once he was far enough away, kicking up some dust and cursing under his breath.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby TheWhistlerify » June 25th, 2014, 5:40 pm

When Nura mentioned a group of antelopes, Dakari suddenly remembered that he would probably have to hunt again very soon. However, before he could think more of the subject, the lioness diverted his attention to Siri and Akina. "Well..." he didn't notice that he was moving one of his paws around in circles on the ground. "I wouldn't count on that too much..." He chuckled a little. "Siri can be quite the troublemaker sometimes..."

When he noticed the way he was fiddling with his paws he suddenly forced himself to sit up straighter and cleared his throat. This was getting a little too embarrassng for his taste... "Um, I'm sorry I'm very, well, er... awkward..." True, that wasn't of any actual help, but the least he could do was try to make things a little less weird by apologizing for the way he was talking. "I can be like that..." It's been that way with pretty much any lioness around his age he'd spoken to in the past

~~~

Meanwhile, somewhere in the tall grass, an exhausted adolescent was limping her way about. She'd gone for the past two days without eating and has had very little water. To top it all, she'd also barely made it out alive after encountering some hyenas. Marini was hurt, which was a very bad thing because she was on her own. At some point she stopped dead in her tracks when the sound of rustling grass reached her ears. Somebody was coming! She hurriedly turned and began to head away from the sourc of the noise, but didn't pay attention to where she was going and ended up falling over. That was quite painful.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Nickname(s): TW
Pride Points: 22

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » June 25th, 2014, 5:53 pm

Nura chuckled, not spitefully as to make fun of him, just generally. She already held Dakari in high regard for him showing such generosity and kindenss. "Akina can be a bit of a handful too" she looked down at the lion circling his paw and smiled "I guess you'll soon see that". He cleared his throat and she looked back up at him with a small smile. "I understand" she said softly. Back in her old pride, she found social situations awkward, but for different reasons. Now she was away from the past, she was better at communicating.

---

Mjuvi, having smelt another lion on the scene other than his siblings and the mother and daughter pair, had been investigating. He moved quickly, his youthfulness giving him agility. He heard a thump of a body hitting the ground and finally saw a lioness. He stopped. Was she okay? She looked a little thin from where he was, and she was his age. With hesitation, he began to walk quickly towards her. "Excuse me...?" he called from a distnace. Mjuvi was a decent lion despite his mood. "Are you ok?" he asked, moving closer.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TheWhistlerify » June 25th, 2014, 6:23 pm

Dakari was somewhat relieved that Nura didn't have a problem with his... awkwardness. He even managed to smile back without looking like he was only smiling because he was nervous. "Uh... We've only been here for a little while so I don't know much about this place And I know we barely know each other..." he said eventually. "But, er, I was thinking it might be safer for all of us if we stuck together... I mean..." From the looks of it Siri and Akina would hate it if they were seperated. The two cubs were now talking to each other quite fluently. "It's your decision, though... I can't force you into anything..."

Truth be told, he really wished the two would stay. Just knowing that the survival of his siblings wouldn't depend only on a screwup like him gave him confident, not to mention that he really did believe that Akina and her mother would benefit from it as well. Plus, Nura's company was quite a pleasure. "But I think you're really nice, and it looks like Siri and Akina are already best friends..." He was actually surprised at having been able to say all of that, even if he did stutter a lot.

~~~

Marini began to panic as a result of falling over. She was slow enough because of her injuries as it was, and this was stalling her even more. Before she could regain her bearings, however, Mjuvi called out to her, making her realize that she was found and done for. Turning around rather unsteadily, she was surprised to see a lion around her age. But she didn't know him, and the way he kept moving closer wasn't helping her calm down either.

"N-no!" Her respond was more out of despair rather than an answer to his question. "G-get away from me! Don't come any c-closer!" As much as she wanted to just run off she knew, now that she'd been spotted, that there was no escape. She was at the mercy of a complete stranger. At that realization she shrunk to the ground, her ears going flat against her head as she began to shake uncontrollably.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » June 25th, 2014, 6:52 pm

Nura listened and contemplated for a while. He was basically suggesting that they should become a pride of sorts. She felt as though Dakari was trustworthy, and his younger siblings seemed nice. With the exception of Mjuvi, but she assumed he was just having an off day. "I think it'd benefit us all if Akina and I stayed" she finally agreed. She beckoned her cub to come to her, Akina looked up and caught up with her mother, Siri just behind her.

"Hey, sweetheart. How would you like it if we stayed here?". The little cub grinned and Siri made her joy clear by bouncing around. The two had each other now. Even in their old pride, Siri didn't have any cubs her age to play with. Even though Akina was younger than her, it was not by much. "I'd love to stay, Mom" Akina finally said, still a little quiet but happy all the same. Nura leant over and nuzzled her cub. "I guess I can't argue with that" she said, looking back at Dakari.

---

Mjuvi's face slowly sunk into a concerned frown. What was wrong with her? Did she think he would hurt her? He didn't make any advances towards her. She was obviously distressed, but Mjuvi didn't exactly want her to run off in the state she was in. "It's ok, I won't come any closer" he said calmly, sitting on his haunches. He wanted to try and prove he wouldn't do anything. "I'm not going to hurt you" he added after a few moments, hoping she'd loosen up enough for him to ask what was wrong, and to see if he could help.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Postby TheWhistlerify » June 25th, 2014, 7:11 pm

Dakari couldn't stop himself from smiling as Nura stated that, like him, she believed that they would all benefit from it if she and Akina stayed. The joy of both Siri and Akina only made his smile grow wider. Since his little sister had taken the death of their mother very hard, obviously, anything that brought her happiness was a blessing. He also felt like his other siblings would enjoy having somebody else around, even Mjuvi. Sure, it'd take him some time, but Dakari knew that his brother would come around eventually..

"From the looks of it..." he said with a chuckle, managing to talk a lot more fluently now that he and Nura weren't on their own. He smiled and gently ruffled his little sister's head with his paw. "Now you both have somebody to play with." Sure, he enjoyed playing with Siri, but sometimes the cub's desire to play had very bad timing. Still smiling, he looked at Nura's daughter. It was definitely nice to see her less reserved.

~~~

Marini, while still terrified because of the situation she was in, did seem to become a little less tense when Mjuvi sat down and stopped approaching her. For some time she simply stared at him, feeling confused. Was he being sincere when he said that he wouldn't hurt her? He'd have probably done something to her already had he wanted to, but she was still quite reluctant. "I..." she eventually stuttered, but then fell silent. Just what was she supposed to say to him? "I'm scared... I saw hyenas earlier..."
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » June 25th, 2014, 7:21 pm

Siri and Akina both nodded at what Dakari said. Siri was a bundle of energy again, and Akina soon found herself becoming one too. "Hey, Siri, can we play that 'tag' game you were talking about?" she asked with a smile. Siri lit up, "Yeah!" she exclaimed. The two cubs bounded away, and soon fell into the seriousness of the game. While Akina was younger, she was still just as fast as Siri could be.

Her mother lit up as well. She could finally see Akina play properly, and not have to worry about her. She did wonder about the eating arrangements for this evening though. "Dakari" she started, catching his attention again, "I was wondering, do you hunt for your family?". She presumed Laini could hunt, but not successfully on her own. Nura was a good huntress, and felt like she'd be contributing if she could join in.

---

Mjuvi still stayed where he was. He was trying to figure out this young lioness. It wasn't normal to consider every lion you come across as an immediate threat, but she seemed to be doing so. At the mention of hyenas, his ears flattened slightly. Maybe they were the ones who attacked Siri, he thought. "Did they hurt you?" he questioned, still maintaining his calm tone of voice. "I can show you the way to water" he said quietly a little later.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Postby TheWhistlerify » June 25th, 2014, 7:36 pm

Dakari chuckled as he watched the two cubs play together. They both seemed absolutely delighted, and that made him happy. When Nura mentioned hunting, however, he seemed to become somewhat discouraged. "Yes..." he said, somewhat hesitantly. "But I'm not a very good hunter..." he added with a sigh. "Yesterday I wouldn't have been able to catch something without Laini's help..." He felt ashamed to admit that he could barely hunt for his own siblings, but he wasn't going to lie to her.

~~~

Marini, her eyes still fixed on the adolescent male in front of her, slowly nodded her head when Mjuvi asked her if the hyenas had hurt her. "It hurts..." she said quietly, her gaze dropping down to the ground. When Mjuvi mentioned water, however, she suddenly raised her head. "Water?" Her throat was so dry that the idea of having a drink seemed like a luxury. "There's water here? Where?"
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » June 25th, 2014, 7:48 pm

Nura chuckled at him and the fact he was admitting he wasn't very good. It was nothing to be ashamed of. Some were just not cut out to hunt as well as others. "I'm sure you're alright". She glanced at both him and Laini "If you two managed to bring something down together than you can't be bad" she added. After a few moments of consideration she gazed back towards the way she came. "Perhaps we should hunt soon? Before evening falls?" she suggested.

---

Mjuvi, still looking concerned, stood slowly to not startle her. He felt sorry for her; he wouldn't like to be alone in this somewhat cruel world. He wanted to ask where it hurt, but he decided against it. "Yes, there's water close by" he answered "I'll show you the way" he said. He began to walk away, he looked back at her. "Unless you want me to help you get up? Or you just want me to tell you how to get there?" He hoped she'd just agree to follow him, it would make things a whole lot easier.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Postby TheWhistlerify » June 25th, 2014, 8:07 pm

Dakari couldn't help but smile at Nura's words. "W-wow... You really think so?" he asked. Was he blushing a little? "Thank you... It means a lot to me..." This lioness was turning out to be kinder with every passing moment. "It would be a good idea to hunt before it gets dark." he agreed. If the two of them were to go, then perhaps it would be a good idea to have Siri and Akina remain inside the den with Laini until they returned. "Siri, Akina?" he called out to the two cubs, who came over with huge smiles on their faces. "Are you two hungry?" The answer was positive (and loud). "How about we go hunt something? But you'll need to stay inside the den until we return."

~~~

Marini's face lit up a little when Mjuvi told her that there was water nearby. She ever so slowly got to her paws. It was obvious that it was difficult for her to do so, not to mention that walking seemed to be even harder for her as she began to slowly limp towards the adolescent male, coming to a stop a certain distance away from him. Despite how big an effort walking was requiring of her, she felt hesitant about coming too close to Mjuvi for help.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

PreviousNext

Return to Lion King Roleplaying