[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - (Private for TheWhistlerify) — My Lion King Forum

(Private for TheWhistlerify)

Re: (Private for TheWhistlerify)

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » August 11th, 2014, 11:38 am

Siri beamed even further. This older lioness thought her game was clever. Cubbish pride seemed to glow around her as she sat on the ground, prompting Akina to the same. "Queen of the Rock, it's where you gotta stay on that rock as long as you can before you get pushed off, you gotta race to decide who's on the rock first though" Akina explained.

Siri listened to her and nodded "Yeah, we play hide and seek too, but we've discovered all the good hiding places around here". Akina began to giggle "We also play fight, but Siri doesn't like to". Siri rolled her eyes and gave her friend a playful jab "It's 'cause you always win!" Siri, although bigger, found that Akina was quite quick on her feet and had natural talent. It was a shame she preferred play fighting to the other games, she was a real tomboy of a cub.

---

Nura was surprised by Dakari's continued kindness. When Nura had told her older brother, he had called her a hoard of names and pushed her away, siding with his parents on the whole matter. When the young male came and sat by her, she welcomed the affection. She needed it. She turned her head and let it rest against his mane, still choking back a few tears.

She would be quite happy leaving it at that, but she wanted to get everything she had to say out. She trusted Dakari, he deserved to know. "It was just a silly romance" she murmured. "When I told him I was having a cub, he seemed like he wanted to help...but he disappeared. He left me. I couldn't live with my parent's shame, so I left" she sighed, finally finishing what she needed to say.

She often wondered if she had done the right thing, but she assumed so. If she had stayed, Nura and Akina would have been outcasts. "I-I can't say how grateful I am" she continued, voice a little shaky. "Akina has gained a friend" she began, looking up to face him. "And so have I".
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby TheWhistlerify » August 11th, 2014, 12:22 pm

While Marini had obviously heard of the game 'Hide and 'Seek' and played it before, 'Queen of the Rock' was entirely new to her. It was probably very similar to wrestling with the exception being the fact that the one on the rock was pretty much on her own against everybody else. "Sounds like you two never run out of things to do." she was also aware of the fact that some of the adults, mainly Siri and Mjuvi's older brother, sometime joined in and played with them as well. That most likely spiced things up quite a bit.

~ ~ ~

Dakari hadn't really though about Akina's father up until the point where Nura mentioned him, but he should have figured as much considering the fact that Nura and Akina were on their own with the lion in question nowhere to be seen. Since Nura mentioned that he disappeared, Dakari came to the conclusion that he was most likely a rogue. After all, a male for a pride that followed tradition would have been more likely to not get together with a lioness that was considered as too young.

Even though Akina's mother referred to it all as a silly romance, Dakari could tell that the way the male had taken off had hurt her greatly as well. When thinking about it, he should have been more supportive than her parents, not to mention that Nura must have had some feelings for him even if it was "just a romance". This made Dakari wonder what his own parents would have done if Laini or Siri were to get pregnant at a young age. They might have been disappointed, yes, but he couldn't get himself to believe that they would have disowned one of his sisters.

He personally would have done his best to support them had something like that happened. But that wasn't the case. However, he could try to support Nura. He was clearly relieved that his words had had a positive effect on her and that she was calmer now. "You're more than welcome." he said softly, smiling and looking back at her. He felt himself getting lost in her eyes and, as much as he didn't want to, broke the eye contact after a few seconds.

What was wrong with him? he asked himself. There this lioness was, pouring her heart out about how much she'd suffered because of a relationship with another lion, and he was so shamelessly trying to figure out whether he was really developing any feelings towards her or not. True, he wasn't making an advance on Nura or anything else of the sort, but still... And besides, she said she has gained a friend in him. They were friends, and he preferred to have her friendship and make her happy by returning the favor instead of to accidentally hurt her. He just hoped he'd be able to keep his emotions in check in case they became stronger.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Nickname(s): TW
Pride Points: 22

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » August 11th, 2014, 3:57 pm

Siri and Akina smiled at each other; they wouldn't run out of things to do. Often one of them had an idea for a new game, and it would keep them occupied all day. "Yeah, we're always busy" Akina grinned. Siri hesitated for a few moments before looking up at the lioness whom had been rather quiet before. "When Mjuvi gets back, will you play with us too?" she asked, looking hopeful.

---

Nura brought paw to her eyes and wiped the tears away, before giving Dakari a small smile. She was over the moon that he didn't react the way her family did; if he had, it would have been awful. Mainly because she respected Dakari, and she liked him. Perhaps as a friend, perhaps as something more; but after what happened with her previous mate, she felt inclined to keep it as a friendship. For now anyway.

She, for the first time, gave Dakari a quick nuzzle. "I'm so glad I bumped into you all" she murmured with another smile. Neither of the two noticed that Mjuvi had been watching. He didn't mean to eavesdrop initially, but he came for a drink after his walk and overheard the conversation. He felt a pang of guilt for talking about Nura before knowing the whole story. He also recognised that Dakari liked Nura more than on a friendly level. He didn't exactly make it obvious to Mjuvi, but he knew. This nuzzle, he thought, might be the start of something. Deciding to forget about it, he slunk back towards the den - he wasn't that thirsty any more.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TheWhistlerify » August 11th, 2014, 4:26 pm

Still smiling at how enthusiastic both Akini and Siri were about simply talking about their games, as well as knowing that they were much more energetic while actually playing, the young lioness chuckled. However, when she was suddenly asked to join them and Mjuvi, she grew a little weary. "Um..." Surely there would be no harm in playing with Mjuvi and the two cubs. It was her leg she was worried about. "My leg still hurts a little..." Not only would it be unpleasant to run around, she also didn't want to accidentally make the situation worse. Her leg has been getting better and she didn't want to reverse its healing process. However, seeing the disappointed looks on their faces, she quickly added "But I will once it gets better, I promise."

~ ~ ~

Obviously relieved that Nura seemed to have finally calmed down, Dakari wasn't entirely sure of what to do next. Having served its purpose, the sort of embrace the two of them were in began to feel a little awkward. It was still pleasant, yes, but also awkward. This only seemed to intensify when the lioness suddenly nuzzled him, leaving him completely rooted to the spot. He hadn't expected her to do that in the slightest and, by the time he regained his bearings, she'd already put an end to the contact.

Staring at her in surprise for a short moment, the lion cleared his throat before replying. "W-well, I, uh..." Great. Now it was like when he'd first met her all over again. "I'm glad you showed up, t-too..." He didn't know what to make of the nuzzle. At all. "Um... If you'd like to head back... I won't mind..." Realizing that he was still holding on to her, he slowly withdrew his foreleg. "And don't worry, I won't tell anyone what you've said to me earlier." Letting anybody else know about her past was her choice and her choice alone. He had no intention of letting her down for trusting him with that information.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » August 11th, 2014, 10:22 pm

The cubs certainly didn't hide their disappointment, Akina especially. Siri, although not much older, had a wiser head on her shoulders. She didn't want Marini to play if her leg hurt, it would just get worse. Besides, the lioness had said she'd play with them at a later date. "Aw, ok" Siri said after a while. "Come on Akina. Who was 'it' again?" she asked, dragging her friend away. They began to continue their game just as Mjuvi arrived back. He looked a little out of it, you could say, after hearing everything that had been said.

With a small sigh, he greeted Laini with a head bump and a nuzzle. He glanced over at Marini. After witnessing Dakari and Nura's rather emotional conversation, he decided he might as well confront Marini about the inevitable after Nura, Laini and Dakari left to hunt in the evening, for hunting during the day today seemed impossible with the blazing heat.

"The cubs behaved themselves?" he asked with a smile. Siri overheard him, still running away from Akina. "'Course we did!" she panted. "Marini said she'd play with us once her leg got better too!". Mjuvi gave his young lioness friend a look of surprise. Had she really? "That's nice of you, Marini" he said after a moment to process it, giving her a grin that felt peculiar on his face. He hadn't grinned like that before.

---

When Nura felt Dakari withdraw his foreleg from around her, she couldn't help but feel cold. Not physically perhaps, just...she liked the affection. It gave her a warm feeling of comfort and after worrying for weeks about what she in for, raising a cub alone, it was a relief and a privilege to receive affection from anyone. She noticed Dakari was stammering, and the last thought in her mind was that he liked her. She assumed the situation had been rather too much for him.

Nura frowned for a moment. Even though Dakari didn't think less of her, Nura couldn't help but still feel the recurring ebb of sadness that her family thought her insufferable. She wished they wanted to be part of Akina's life. Her mother was too easily led by her father, and she often thought that without his influence, she would have been kinder about the situation.

"Yes, we should be heading back. I need to see Akina before the hunt", she responded, not catching all that he said for she was coming around from her deep thoughts. She bent over the water's edge and lapped up some of the cool liquid before turning and walking away. The young lioness turned back to look at him, and with perhaps the most genuine smile of her life, said "Thank you again, Dakari".
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Postby TheWhistlerify » August 12th, 2014, 1:35 am

While still a little surprised at the way Marin had decided to open up to her sister and Akina, Laini felt quite happy to see the normally quiet lioness converse more freely. While there was a difference between a cub and an older lion or lioness, she hoped that it wouldn't take too long for Marini to get more comfortable around the rest of them as well. Returning her brother's greeting, she was about to answer his question, but Siri beat her to it. So she remained silent, watching as her brother started talking to the adolescent lioness.

Mjuvi's sister took notice of the way he grinned at her as well as of the slight change in Marini's expression as he did. She seemed a little embarrassed, smiling a little sheepishly and rubbing the back of her head with a paw. "I-it's nothing..." she said quietly, hoping that she wasn't blushing. Why did he have to grin at her like that? Having witnessed their older brother's behavior around a few lionesses in the past, Laini was quite aware of the fact that Dakari has developed a crush on Akina's mother. As for these two... she wasn't sure just yet, but she had her suspicions. They certainly were growing quite close...

~ ~ ~

Dakari slowly nodded as Nura agreed to start making their way back, managing not to look too relieved about how she seemingly didn't think much of his stuttering. He was still trying to form a more solid opinion on what had happened just moments earlier. His logic was telling him that the lioness's gesture had simply been an expression of gratitude for his support, but there was a part of him which secretely hoped that it wasn't as simple as that, as unlikely as he thought it to be.

Deciding to also make use of them being by the waterhole in order to refresh his dry throat, the lion went ahead and drank some water as well before turning back in the direction of the den, in which Nura had already taken a few steps. He couldn't stop himself from smiling warmly upon seeing the genuine relief and easiness in her expression. "Don't mention it. Really, it was my pleasure." True, she probably didn't see it as nothing, but it's not like what he'd done had required some effort from him. He'd gladly be there for her again any time in the future in case she'd want to talk.

With that in mind, he joined her and they began making their way back in the direction of the den. Even though he did his best not to, the lion was unable to stop himself from stealing an occassional glance at Nura in the corner of his eye every once in a few seconds or so. He kept reminding himself that she'd simply expressed her appreciation of his support but it didn't seem to stop the part of him which hoped that there has been more to that nuzzle. She was a beautiful lioness; not only by appearance but on the inside as well. Her kind and caring personality was also a reason he felt attracted to her.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » August 13th, 2014, 8:36 am

Mjuvi couldn't wipe the grin from his face for another few seconds. He only did so when he saw a blush come to her cheeks. Had he embarrassed her? He hoped not. He thought he was nothing to get embarrassed about. The eye contact between him and Marini failed to break until Siri pounced on him. "Mjuvi, you said you'd play later, and now it's later!" she pointed out, pouting.

The adolescent sighed, but then smiled for the cubs. "Fine, fine. Hide and seek?" he asked, feeling a little on the lazy side. Both the cubs nodded merrily and told him that he was to count first. Mjuvi closed his eyes, chuckled and began counting. "1...2...3..." the cubs disappeared behind the den. He opened one eye to check they had gone before opening them both. "4...5...6..." he slowly padded his way over to Marini as he counted. "7...8...9..." he lay down next to the lioness. "10! Coming to find you ready or not!" A few giggles could be heard, but then silence.

"They can wait a little while" he murmured to Marini with a smile. He appeared to summon some inner courage as began to look at her properly. "Anyway, there's something I need to say" he continued, looking a little more serious. "It's about...what you're going to do when your leg gets better" he sighed. Maybe she had thought about it too? Maybe she had already made her mind to leave.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Postby TheWhistlerify » August 13th, 2014, 1:58 pm

Still blushing uncontrollably, Marini couldn't help but giggle as Siri pounced on Mjuvi and reminded him that he'd promised to play with them when he came back from his walk. She found it rather cute how the adolescent was clearly not in the mood and yet sucked it up and offered to play hide and seek just for the sake of not disappointing the two cubs. Laini took notice not only of her blushing but also of the way she smiled warmly as Mjuvi surrendered to their little sister's demand.

There could be no doubt about it. The timid lioness had a crush on her brother. But, from the looks of it, she wasn't aware of it just yet. Laini held back a grin so that neither one of them would notice she was paying attention to them. She immediately read her brother's expression after the two cubs had gone to hide; he was nervous for some reason. While she didn't know what exactly he was going to talk to her about, but figured that, whatever it might be, it wasn't meant for her ears. Silently standing up, she walked into the den without disturbing the two.

Marini seemed to become curious when Mjuvi informed her that he had something to say to her. Her curiosity immediately turned into nervousness when he mentioned her leg, which was close to making a full recovery. Why was he saying it like that? Did he... did he want her to leave? Did the others want her to leave? True, she was still getting used to them all, Mjuvi not included, but she wasn't afraid of them. It's been a long time since she's felt as safe as she has since Mjuvi had taken her in.

Then there was Mjuvi himself, of course. She had grown so fond of his company, so used to it... True, she had met him only one week ago, but already she felt at ease whenever she was around him, as if being in his presence was natural. The young lioness hesitated for a brief moment as she stared down at her paws before making eye contact with him once more, again feeling like she couldn't look away. "D-do I have to go?" she asked, her voice as gentle and concerned as it has ever been since they'd met. She didn't want to leave, not only because she had no other place to go to or because being in a group was safer...
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » August 13th, 2014, 9:01 pm

The adolescent tried to smile reassuringly like he did when they first met, but he was too caught up in the moment. He liked her, perhaps a lot more than he let on. He still knew hardly anything about Marini, aside her name and that he felt so at ease and happy around her. Mjuvi didn't stop to consider she might feel the same about him. He thought that she just treated him kindly because he had done so for her.

He often wondered about what she had to hide, and why she was so concerned and worried when he came across her. When she stared down at her paws, his eyes seemed to follow her own gaze, as if he didn't want the eye contact to break. When Marini looked back up and spoke, a wash of relief ran over him. It was so strong that he had to sit down. His warm smile returned back to his face, and he looked a little...emotional, if you could ever call Mjuvi that. "No! No, of course not" he blabbered rather excitedly. "I just thought...never mind what I thought, you're very welcome to stay!" he exclaimed.

Noticing he looked very enthusiastic, he calmed himself down, but he couldn't wipe the smile from his face. "I'm sure the others won't mind either. In fact, I think they'd welcome you". Marini would be valuable to the group, she could learn to hunt properly which would mean Dakari wouldn't need to go hunting with Nura and Laini, but Mjuvi pushed the technical thoughts out of his head, he was just glad that he would keep the company of Marini.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Postby TheWhistlerify » August 13th, 2014, 9:24 pm

Marini, still deep in her own concern about the possibility of not being welcome or, even worse, being forced to leave, only registered the fact that it was most exactly the other way around when Mjuvi replied to her rather than when he initially smiled at the way she'd expressed her desire to stick around. Obviously, the young lioness's relief was more than slightly palpable; her worried expression was immediately replaced by a happy smile and she soon found herself actually hugging the young lion in front of her, unable to help herself.

His comment about how he believed the others wouldn't mind and would even welcome her kind of sailed right past her head. Not because she wasn't paying attention to him but because, to her, the most important thing was that he welcomed her and wanted her around. "Oh, thank you so much!" she exclaimed with a sigh of relief, still holding onto the adolescent male. It still hasn't occurred to her just how much she enjoyed the warmth of the embrace. Finally, she wouldn't have to be alone.

It was only after another short moment that her mind suddenly registered what she was doing. Feeling completely embarrassed, she removed her forelegs from their position around Mjuvi and withdrew slightly as she felt the heat rise to her cheeks. Her eyes met his again and she remained where she was, not moving another inch. Unlike all the many previous occassions during which she'd been embarrassed, this time there was that happy smile spread across her muzzle (even if it did hold all the regular traces of her shy and timid nature).
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

PreviousNext

Return to Lion King Roleplaying