[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - [PRIVATE: DGFone & Thewhistlerify] — My Lion King Forum

[PRIVATE: DGFone & Thewhistlerify]

Re: [PRIVATE: DGFone & Thewhistlerify]

Postby DGFone » October 18th, 2014, 4:30 am

"If you want to see the view," Delano grumbled coldly at Hatari, "you go ahead. I'm not stopping you." This time, he had to wonder if Hatari was in fact trying to anger him or if he was simply being that stupid. The last time Delano had really went sight seeing somewhere high like that was with Muroki... the same day that their parents were murdered. Since then, Delano had thought of doing something similar a few times, but never got around to it.

So the fact that Hatari was just now offering to do something similar came across as very ironic to Delano, but not in a good way. Deciding that he finally had enough of the lion, he got up and began to slowly walk away. Lina would just have to accept the fact that he tried doing what she suggested, and it didn't work out. He had enough of pretending like later today he would calm down enough to try talking again. That simply wasn't going to happen.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby TheWhistlerify » October 18th, 2014, 7:41 am

Realizing that, no matter what he did, said or how nice he tried to be, Delano simply didn't really want the situation to improve or simply didn't care enough in order to actually make that small effort, Hatari didn't say or did anything to prevent him from leaving. Well, it probably wasn't at all small for him, but still... Muroki's brother knew that Hatari wouldn't hurt him or anybody else - that was obvious despite the cold treatment, so the only logical conclusion was that he believed that the best way for him to deal with this all was to just leave it behind and ignore it. The problem was that, while he'd said Akili wouldn't even know about the former member of the underworld if it were up to him, the little cub had already met him.

Hatari hadn't a faintest idea whether this could have possibly worked out better had he said something else, but the truth was that he didn't really care. He wasn't going to bring Delano and Muroki's parents back from the dead if that's what Delano was expecting him to do. Besides, unlike Muroki's brother, he'd actually given this whole "talking things over" that Lina suggested a go. He didn't want or need Delano's forgiveness. Yes, it would be nice, but he just didn't need it. He had Muroki, Umeme and Kato as friends and, hopefully, the cubs would also learn to see through to who he was now rather than who he'd once been. It was more than enough for him, really.

It was a little interesting to think about how Akili's father would react if that ended up being the case with his son. There was also the subject of whatever future visits that might take place and whether Delano would be able to keep his cool. Well, that wasn't Hatari's business anymore. He'd tried being nice and polite just like he was when the cubs were around. If Muroki's brother ended up losing it in a similar manner in front of the cubs it would be his entire responsibility. The former member of the underworld wasn't giving him any reason to believe his son, niece or nephew were in danger, so he better suppress that small part of his thick head that wanted to have Hatari's throat sliced and not do anything stupid.

Shrugging his shoulders without so much as a sigh, Hatari picked up the small scrap of meat Delano had refused to eat and went back into his small den with it. He wouldn't want it to go to waste by having some vulture come down and eat it. Besides, it was starting to get hot and he didn't feel like resting on his tree at the moment because there was hardly any wind. "Well, I tried." he said as he walked inside. Perhaps, later, if some wind came by or some clouds, he'd go take a nap up on his tree. Yes, that sounded splendid.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Nickname(s): TW
Pride Points: 22

Postby DGFone » October 19th, 2014, 3:50 am

As Delano walked away from Hatari and back home, no matter how much he tried to feel glad that he was done with that lion, he couldn't help but feel rather guilty about leaving. Now that he was away from all the commotion and was able to start thinking more clearly, he knew that he was going to disappoint Lina a lot. She wanted him to ease up when around Hatari and to be able to finally relax. From today's meeting at least, if anything, things only got worse, not better. What would her reaction be like?

For some reason, the fear of a nasty reaction from Lina was almost enough to get him to turn around. But remembering what just happened back at the waterhole, Delano kept walking back home. Lina would simply have to understand that he tried, but wasn't able to do what she hoped for. She would just have to accept it...

He hesitated when the den came into view. He could see Lina watching over Akili as he played around, causing Delano to feel nervous and rather upset. While Akili wasn't aware of what was going on, Lina certainly was, and he knew that he severely disappointed her today.

Swallowing once to try and hide his nervousness, he walked over to them. "Hey son! Who's it going?" Giving Akili a quick ruffle on top of his head in greeting, Delano walked over to Lina and nuzzled her in greeting. "It... didn't go very well," he muttered, before disappearing inside the den. Lying down where he normally sleeps, he curled up and covered his eyes with a paw and lay still, wanting to forget all about the morning.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby TheWhistlerify » October 19th, 2014, 4:55 am

Akili, who was outside the den chasing a moth around as his mother watched over him, was obviously very excited to see his father coming back. When he and his mother had woken up, his father was gone, much to his confusion, so having him come back was quite an occasion for the little cub. He ran over to the lion with clear enthusiasm, rubbing against his leg affectionately as Delano's large paw ruffled the top of his head and continued to do so even as his father went to greet his mate and even as he then headed inside.

Lina, meanwhile, while obviously glad to see that Delano was back unharmed from where she already knew he'd gone, was a little disappointed when he told her that things hadn't gone very well. She quietly followed her mate into the den along with their son, chuckling as Akili huddled against one of his father's legs and began to simply lick it for no apparent reason. "So... What happened?" she asked quietly, lying down next to him as well. She already knew that sending Delano over to Hatari's place might not necessarily help. Nevertheless, she wanted to know what happened.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Postby DGFone » October 19th, 2014, 5:54 am

Removing the paw from his eyes, Delano glanced over at Akili. "Go on ahead and play outside," he told their son, "just don't wander. Stay there you can see the den." He really didn't want to talk about it with Akili listening in, not in the mood at all to have to explain everything that they had kept hidden from the cub. When Akili finally did leave to go play outside, Delano let out a depressed sigh.

"Lina... I... I tried. I really tried..." he began, "but I couldn't... whenever I tried talking to him... I always remember... and I get angry..." He looked away from his mate, feeling ashamed of himself. "No matter what he or I said, I simply wasn't able to ignore the feelings... I had to leave! I couldn't take it any more over there. I... I'm sorry..."

Falling silent, Delano curled up next to Lina, trying to take comfort by her presence. He knew that things would be so much easier if he was simply able to talk to Hatari normally, but today he wasn't able to get himself to do so. What he was really afraid of, though, was that he will never be able to do what Lina wanted him to.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby TheWhistlerify » October 19th, 2014, 6:16 am

Lina wasn't surprised when Delano told Akili to go and play outside, obviously not wanting their son to be there when he talked about his visit over to Hatari's place. She couldn't say that she disagreed, really. With the cub once again playing outside, the lioness turned her attention back to her mate as he began to explain things to her. In a way, what he was saying wasn't all that surprising. She knew how sensitive a subject this was to him, which easily explained why he'd been constantly unable to keep his temper under control.

Letting out a soft sigh, Lina placed her head on top of Delano's. It seemed as if his problem didn't have an actual solution. It's been quite a long of time since the trial and since the incident jn the gorge, so she was starting to doubt that more time was what her mate needed. But, as long as he was able to control himself well enough when he others were around, there shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully. She just didn't know what would happen once Akili and his cousins began to notice the lack of interaction between Hatari and Delano.

"Well..." she said softly. "At least you tried..."
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Postby DGFone » October 20th, 2014, 5:15 am

Delano looked up with his eyes uncertainly at Lina. "Wait... so you're not angry at me?" He had been so afraid of how much he was going to disappoint her when he came back without having succeeding in doing what she had asked him to do, that he was only starting to realize that she wasn't actually sounding mad at him. Her voice was even able to hide any traces of disappointment if it was there.

Rolling over, Delano embraced his mate in a hug, so grateful that as far as he could tell, at least one thing today went better than he had even dared to hope for. "I was so worried when I was coming back," he admitted with some hesitation, "I didn't know how you would react... When I wasn't able to do it..."
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby TheWhistlerify » October 20th, 2014, 5:44 am

Feeling a little surprised by Delano's question as well as the slightly shocked and uncertain look he was giving her, Lina slowly nodded her head in approval to let him know that no, she wasn't mad. The lioness almost let out a started yelp as her mate suddenly rolled over and embraced her, but soon found herself purring softly at the contact. "Well..." she said, allowing the lion to hold her. "You can't force your feelings to change." Her voice was gentle and relaxed as she spoke, a sign that she was rather pleased with the position they were both in.

If Delano couldn't help himself from getting angry when alone with Hatari even after all of this time and all of the things the former member of the underworld has done that proved he'd changed, then perhaps it just wasn't meant to work out. Maybe Muroki's brother woule never be able to go farther than simply putting up with the fact that Muroki was in touch with the lion. She just hoped this at least would remain whatever happened in the future in their son's regard.

Speaking of the devil, just as his mother thought of him, Akili came trotting back into the den. His tiny head was hel ld up high and Lina could immediately tell, according to his body language, even if he wasn't running, that her son was very excited about something. When he neared them, she couldn't help but giggle as she finally saw why. The little cub had a moth in his mouth. "Dad, dad!" he half exclaimed - half mumbled with his mouth pretty much already preoccupied. "I caught it!" The small ball of fluff set the squirming insect down in front of his parents for them to see, letting out an annoyed groan as the moth instantly seized the opportunity and fled.

Lina, meanwhile, found herself giggling once more. Akili was just so adorably clueless. Noticing the cub's disappointment, she brought him closer to her and his father. "That's our little hunter!"

"I'm not little, mom!" he exclaimed, though it was clear that he was quite pleased with the acknowledgement and the physical contact.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Postby DGFone » October 20th, 2014, 7:43 am

As much as Delano wanted to continue to hug Lina, especially since she seemed to be enjoying the contact, he didn't expect to be interrupted by the joyful arrival of their son into the den. Seeing how happy Akili was to have caught the moth, Delano tried not to make a face at the idea of willingly catching an insect like that. "Well uh, congratulations! You'll be catching bigger prey in no time at all!" He let out a silent sigh of relief when Akili accidently let go of the moth, letting it fly away and out of the den. Hopefully, Akili won't be in the insect catching phase for too long...

As Lina brought their son close to them, he suddenly realized that this little distraction was enough to have significantly improved his mood. "Of course you're still little, Akili," he added upon hearing their son's complaining about his size, "you will always be until you grow bigger than me." He flashed a playful smile at the cub.

Letting out a yawn, he then said, "why don't you go back outside and play some more with your mother? I think I'll try to catch up on some more sleep after this morning." He let go of Lina gently, letting her know that he would be all right for now, and that she was free to spend her time with Akili instead of him.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby TheWhistlerify » October 20th, 2014, 12:02 pm

Managing to draw some comfort from his mother's embrace and her acknowledgement for the skillful, dreaded hunter that he was, Akili couldn't help but frown cubbishly at his father as Delano told him that he really was little. However, as Delano then told him that he would one day grow to be bigger than him, a broad, enthusiastic smile spread across the small cub's muzzle. He was looking forward to being as big as his father, but the thought of being even bigger was a million times more exciting. And, since it was his dad who was saying that he'd grow to such a size, there could be no doubt that he really would!

Lina, despite Delano's attempts to keep a straight face, was easily able to tell that he was rather appalled by the idea of holding an insect in such a manner. She chuckled, making sure to nod in agreement as her mate then told their son that he would one day be even bigger than his father was. Akili's ambitions were absolutely cute in every way because of how tiny he was. As much as she wouldn't have minded continuing to cuddle with Delano, she realized it would be for the best if she went to play outside with her cub. After all, her mate was hoping to get some rest, and Akili would continuously enter the den every once in a while if he was to be outside on his own.

Giving her mate a quick lick across his muzzle, the lioness released her gentle grip on their cub and let him run back outside, savoring the sound of his excited laughter. "We'll be right outside." she told Delano. In case he would need anything or suddenly change his mind and decide to join them, that is. She then followed Akili out of the den, already knowing that the two of them were most likely going to be simply chasing each other around for the next few hours. But her son enjoyed the ocassional chase / harmless wrestle and she enjoyed playing with him.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

PreviousNext

Return to Lion King Roleplaying