[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - [PRIVATE: DGFone & Thewhistlerify] — My Lion King Forum

[PRIVATE: DGFone & Thewhistlerify]

Re: [PRIVATE: DGFone & Thewhistlerify]

Postby TheWhistlerify » March 22nd, 2015, 6:04 am

Lina chuckled, feeling rather amused at this little back and forth between her and her sister (about honeymoons, no less). The truth was that neither one of them has been on one. Then again, they also didn't have an official mating ceremony either. These two things probably weren't necessarily connected, but a honeymoon probably wasn't all that practical now that both of them had cubs to look after. Although, on second thought, ever since they met their mates they've been mostly in their company. Perhaps that was why they never wanted to go elsewhere just so that they could do what they were already doing. "Well, alright." she said, gently poking Umeme's shoulder with a paw. "Just don't get any ideas to sneak off on one while you and Muroki are having that conversation."

••••••••••

Muroki shook his head, frowning. "I-I can't go to sleep, don't you get it?" he muttered quietly, shaking noticeably from exhaustion and worry within his brother's embrace. "I have to watch over Umeme and the cubs so that nothing happens...." In his eyes, as hard as Delano might try to convince him otherwise, he was nothing but a failure after failing to stop those two monsters from going after his family. Everything he had done in the past seemed to just lose its significance when he couldn't do that one thing.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Nickname(s): TW
Pride Points: 22

Postby DGFone » March 22nd, 2015, 6:47 am

Now that Lina did give Umeme the suggestion, it was too good of an opportunity to pass up. "You know what, Lina? Maybe I just might," she replied calmly, "after all, it's about time we're do one." She giggled and stuck her tongue out at her sister, who clearly wasn't amused by the joke, or at least, pretending not to be.

---

Delano simply clung onto his brother tighter, unable to believe what he was hearing. "It's all in your head, Muroki, don't you get it?" he asked desperately, "like this, something will happen, and it will be because of you!" Finding himself simply repeating what he had said earlier, he tried a different tactic. "If you really are so concerned about something happening... try to get some rest here, in the caves. Where all of us can watch over the cubs. Not just us, even, but the guards, Kato, everyone!" Then, hoping that it will convince his brother, he finished with, "you will be able to fight much better when you are fully awake and capable. Not... how you are now. Right now, you will do more harm than good. Try to get some rest, Muroki, please, I'm begging you." Then he muttered something very quietly, mostly to himself, "I can't stand to see you go through what I did..."
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby TheWhistlerify » March 22nd, 2015, 7:30 am

Playfully rolling her eyes, Lina gave her sister a fake pout. "Well, don't let me stop you." she said teasingly. Truth be told, the idea of going someplace secluded with Delano for more than just a single day sounded very appealing. There was no denying that. But there was a limit to just how long she could ask her parents to watch over Akili, even if they did say they loved doing it and often complained that the little cub was brought over often enough. "You get right to it."

••••••••••

The thing was that, while Muroki could trust Umeme, Delano, Lina and Kato to keep an eye on Marini and Ubawa, that was also a part of the problem. They were most of the few he could rely on but, at the same time, he didn't want them to put themselves in danger to do something he needed to do. Who knew if every single one of the guards moving around were really loyal to the king? "No. You know what's in all our heads? That silly fantasy that this whole stupid mess is actually over and done with." he said.

"We always think that it's over but it never is..." This time, though, he knew for sure that they were all still in danger. Sanders was dead for sure this time, yes, but... "You killed him, but now we have this other lion who happens to be at least thrice as crazy that is out to get us... I don't want you, Umeme or anyone else to put yourselves in danger just because I can't keep my own cubs safe!" Truth be told, though, he really was feeling pretty weak and incapable of doing much (to the point where his mind realized it). But, at the same time, what if something would happened while he slept?
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Postby DGFone » March 22nd, 2015, 8:11 am

As much as they were teasing one another, Umeme knew that they wouldn't be able to enjoy any sort of very late honeymoon currently. Delano was still healing, and Muroki had his own problems now. However, that didn't say anything about what they can do after their mates would get better and active once more. "If I'[ll figure out a right time to do it then, I think we surely will go ahead and do just that," she concluded simply.

---

Delano froze, for Muroki had voiced the very same fears that had kept him awake as well. Even after going to the king, he was still not convinced that they were in fact safe, but he wasn't torturing himself like Muroki was! Or perhaps his nightmares are his own way of keeping himself awake, he was suddenly not so sure about all of that...

"Muroki... I know it's not over," he finally decided to say, "I saw that lion. I know he's still out there... but it's not like that!" He really couldn't say for certain, but he was desperate to get Muroki to realize just how stupid he was being. "When I had to fight Sanders, I knew that if I didn't slow him down, then he would get Lina and Akili. But this lion... the king knows he wants to get at us. It's not only you who can stop him. Muroki, please, stop this nonsense!"
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby TheWhistlerify » March 22nd, 2015, 8:42 am

Lina giggled. "Good for you." she said teasingly, feeling amused that her sister was actually considering the idea seriously. Not that there was anything bad about that, but Umeme wouldn't have even thought about it if it weren't for their silly little argument. "I think I just might consider it myself when an opportunity shows itself." Taking a few days off with Delano sounded fantastic, especially after this whole mess. Even if watching over Akili might be problematic, because she still felt as if asking anyone to keep an eye on the cub for more than a few days was too much, it was still worth some thinking over.

••••••••••

"I just..." Muroki shook his head. "I can't... I can't trust anyone else to do it and I don't want you or Umeme to take the risks of just because I can't protect my cubs by myself!" Yes, he really was being stupid but, in his point of view, he really didn't realize just what was so difficult to understand as to his reasons for refusing to sleep. If he wouldn't keep an eye on the cubs, then they would have to do it, and he didn't want them to.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Postby TheWhistlerify » March 22nd, 2015, 8:42 am

Lina giggled. "Good for you." she said teasingly, feeling amused that her sister was actually considering the idea seriously. Not that there was anything bad about that, but Umeme wouldn't have even thought about it if it weren't for their silly little argument. "I think I just might consider it myself when an opportunity shows itself." Taking a few days off with Delano sounded fantastic, especially after this whole mess. Even if watching over Akili might be problematic, because she still felt as if asking anyone to keep an eye on the cub for more than a few days was too much, it was still worth some thinking over.

••••••••••

"I just..." Muroki shook his head. "I can't... I can't trust anyone else to do it and I don't want you or Umeme to take the risks of just because I can't protect my cubs by myself!" Yes, he really was being stupid but, in his point of view, he really didn't realize just what was so difficult to understand as to his reasons for refusing to sleep. If he wouldn't keep an eye on the cubs, then they would have to do it, and he didn't want them to.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Postby DGFone » March 22nd, 2015, 9:04 am

Umeme knew that Lina was considering doing the same thing now that they were talking about taking more than just a day off to spend with their mates. "I'm sure the opportunity will show up soon," she said dreamily, "and then it will be just me and Muroki for a few days..."

---

To Delano, it was finally sounding like he was making progress in getting Muroki to abandon his foolishness and allow himself to get some rest. "Muroki... Lina and I, with Umeme, we will gladly take the risk and watch the cubs. We want to. We can even have the cubs stay near you, so that we can watch over you as well. That way, if trouble will show up, we will wake you up well before it will get over, and you will be ready. Come on, Muroki, surely that doesn't sound so bad?" He was hoping that even if he can't get Muroki to give up on the idea that they were in danger, even if Delano himself believed it too, then he hoped that his brother would at least give in to getting some rest somehow.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby TheWhistlerify » March 22nd, 2015, 9:22 am

Lina nodded, smilling in a way similar to her sister. The idea of just running off with Delano without a care in the world really sounded like a dream that was too good to ever come true. "Yeah..." However, given the current situation, it will probably be quite a while until that would become an option, even if she was already feeling like she couldn't wait for the opportunity to present itself.

••••••••••

Muroki was once again about to argue, saying that he didn't care that they wanted to take the risk because he didn't want them to put themselves in danger, but his brother then carried on talking and explained his offer in more detail. And, Muroki had to admit, if they would all be inside the king's den with so many guards around, and he would be woken up right away should anything happen... Surely everything would be fine... And he felt so tired... "Well..." he said hesitantly. "I... I guess so..." Blinking a few time, he let out a yawn.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Postby DGFone » March 22nd, 2015, 9:58 am

The tone that Lina said her word made Umeme feel slightly guilty. While with her, Muroki would most likely get better soon, and then they will be able to go off together. But with Lina and Delano, it would take longer for him to heal up, so Umeme knew that her sister would have to have much more patience for this than she had to have.

---

Delano let out a slow relieved sigh, carefully letting go of Muroki, glad to see that this was finally over. He was certain that as soon as his brother would rest up once, then Muroki would see that there is no danger in sleeping, and wouldn't have to be just about forced to get some rest again after that. Now that Muroki was also no longer trying to hide his fatigue, Delano was able to see just how run down his brother looked, and it made him wonder just how badly he must have come across when he himself had trouble resting...

"Well then, let's head back to the others then?" he asked, and quickly remembered something that he had forgotten about amidst all of the commotion with Muroki. "Except... you'll need to help me to get there..." He felt extremely embarrassed to have to ask Muroki for help, but his legs felt like they won't be able to get him back the short distance even with help, and he hoped that he won't only make it part of the way there. "We'll watch over you as well as the cubs, so don't worry about it," he added, hoping that Muroki won't suddenly view his weakness as a sign that he should in fact force himself to continue staying awake.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby TheWhistlerify » March 22nd, 2015, 11:55 am

Truth be told, if it hadn't been for the fact that Muroki was so exhausted and has already somewhat come to terms with the idea of getting some sleep, he would have easily remembered how his brother was almost entirely immobilized and most likely once again started objecting to the idea of ceasing to watch the cubs in order to rest. However, having already allowed his mind to start fantasizing about just how wonderful it would feel to sleep, he was already too sleepy to think about it.

So, giving a slight, brief nod of approval, the lion slowly got to his paws. He just stood there and waited until he felt Delano lean against him once more before beginning to slowly make his way back to their mates and cubs, unable to think of anything but getting some shuteye. Back next to the three little balls of fluff, Lina found herself snapping out of her girly daydream about what a vacation with Delano would be like when she noticed the two brothers approaching and nearing their location.

However, it quickly caught her attention that something about Muroki definitely seemed different. It wasn't just her imagination playing tricks on her. Her brother in law seemed incredibly fatigued, something which struck her as odd. He hadn't look like that just a few minutes ago... So what could have possibly tired him out so much in a matter of so little time?
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

PreviousNext

Return to Lion King Roleplaying