[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - [PRIVATE: DGFone & Thewhistlerify] — My Lion King Forum

[PRIVATE: DGFone & Thewhistlerify]

Re: [PRIVATE: DGFone & Thewhistlerify]

Postby DGFone » July 29th, 2014, 4:41 am

Delano stared blankly as Kato ran off to complete his patrol. "This day is just getting weirder and weirder," he muttered absently. Finally bringing his attention back to Lina, he sat down next to her. "So how are you feeling?" Now that the prince was gone, he finally had the opportunity to talk to Lina. "You alright?"

Umeme grinned at her sister. "They're not that bad yet. But yeah, I will need to return in the middle of the day if not earlier, otherwise they will in fact just try to eat Muroki alive." Her grin widened. "I guess I won't want that to happen, so Lina, make sure that nothing will happen while I'll be gone."
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby TheWhistlerify » July 29th, 2014, 12:48 pm

Having finished the meal Delano had caught for her, Lina went ahead and sat up beside her mate as he sat down next to her, nuzzling him while purring in content. "I'm fine, really." While Umeme had found Muroki's constant worrying about her to be annoying, Lina actually liked all the attention she was getting from Delano. Not that before her pregnancy he hadn't paid attention to her at all, but she enjoyed the extras here and there. "You're rally sweet..." If her brother in law was there to see how much calmer she generally was in comparison to how her sister had been before her cubs were born, there would have been a chance of him getting jealous.

Hearing Umeme's comments, the soon-to-be mother looked at her sister with a grin while keeping her head in her mate's mane. "I'll try my best, but I can't make any promises." She chuckled. "With my luck, I'll probably set a new record for the most late birth in history, so you can take your time." While she didn't know how long Umeme and Muroki were going to wait before taking Ubawa and Marini far away from the den, it was their decision at the end of the day. "Maybe next time you could ask mom and dad to keep an eye on them. But I don't think they'll want to be occupied with anything until this whole thing is over so that they can both come and be here..."
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Nickname(s): TW
Pride Points: 22

Postby DGFone » July 31st, 2014, 4:58 am

Delano grinned foolishly as Lina say down and nuzzled him. "Well, uh, if you're fine... that's um... fine." He didn't know why he was feeling so nervous around Lina right now, perhaps it was because Umeme was here as well, but that can't really be the reason, can it? At any rate, for some reason, he was once again bumbling about like a fool, and he didn't know why. Hopefully, Lina wouldn't notice, however hard that would be.

Umeme shrugged and rubbed hear head with a paw. "We thought of doing that. I think Muroki just wants to spend some time alone with the cubs or something, because he suggested that we leave our parents alone." She grinned at Lina. "Maybe for today I'll let him, but it's not like I will have to return soon."

There was still the problem of what she would do if nothing happened today. "We don't want to risk dragging the cubs out here just yet," she admitted, "but I think we will be able to figure something out. Perhaps we can in fact let mom and dad watch over them for a day or two."
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby TheWhistlerify » July 31st, 2014, 9:10 am

Lina failed miserably at holding back a giggle at the way Delano was stuttering for no logical reason, but she wasn't going to question him about it because she thought it was cute. Boy was Delano never going to hear the end of her pointing out the similarities between him and their cubs. Leaning against him some more, she licked him across his muzzle once before looking at Umeme. "I'm sure he doesn't mind spending time alone with them, even if they are a lot to handle."

She knew just how much her brother in law loved his children and how well he did in interacting with them. She hoped, by the time her and Delano's cubs grew to the stage of being able to talk and move around, that her mate will feel comfortable enough in order to be the father she knew he could be. "Maybe dad will agree, but I'm not sure about mom until this whole thing is over..." For a moment she was silent but, after a few seconds, she suddenly tensed up. "Hey, um... Umeme?" she asked. "H-how were you able to tell when it was time?"
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Postby DGFone » August 1st, 2014, 7:58 pm

Umeme stared at her sister. "How was I able to tell what..?" She then realized exactly just what Lina was talking about, and her eyes widened. "Oh, that! We need to get you in the den. Here, just hold on..." Helping Lina up, Umeme held onto Lina and gently lead her sister into the den. "I don't think you will need to worry about anything. It will be over before you know it," she tried to reassure Lina.

Settling Lina down on the ground in the den, Umeme sat down by her sister. "I'm not going to go anywhere. But... do you want me to go and get Delano?" The outline of the lion could be seen at the entrance of the den, and Umeme was able to clearly see that he was quite nervous about going inside.

Delano had not expected Lina to react so suddenly. In fact, by the time he already really realized what was going on, Umeme had already taken Lina inside. Remembering how Muroki was basically kicked out of the den by Umeme at the same time, he didn't know if he wanted to go in or not. He placed himself by the entrance of the den, nervously staring inside. "Lina? Lina, are you alright? Can I... Can I come in? Or... I can stay here... I can stay here and guard the den..." He hesitated waiting for an answer. "...Or do you want me to go in, Lina?"
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby TheWhistlerify » August 2nd, 2014, 5:39 pm

Lina was about to tell Umeme what she was talking about but, luckily enough, her sister put one and two together quickly enough before she had to say anything. Leaning against her for support, she slowly made her way into he den before lying down inside "H-how can you be so sure?" she asked, sounding quite nervous to say the least. After all it's not like she's done this before and it wouldn't be a lie to say that she was already able to feel like it wasn't going to be very pleasant.

Having Umeme ask her about Delano and then hearing him talk to her from the entrance of their den kind of reminded her that he even existed. Unlike her sister, she never felt more happy to see her mate before. Well, except for that time where he finally returned from the police after having been gone for a very long time. "Delano!" Because of how uneasy she was she could actually use anybody's presence for comfort, especially his. "Yes, please come here, next to me..." The male seemed to hesitate as he made his way over, but she was too distracted to get impatient because of his delaying.

Feeling him lie down next to her immediately brought her some comfort, but she was still far from calm. Breathing heavily because of how nervous she was and because of how unpleasant the sensations she was feeling were becoming, she looked at her sister. "N-now what? I don't know what-" she paused and clutched at her stomach. "I don't think I can do this, Umeme... I-i don't even know what to do!" She hasn't even actually begun yet and it already seemed like it would take forever for it all to be over.

But it did all come to an end eventually. Lina was still leaning against Delano and looking quite unsure of what was going on around her, but she could feel all the pressure and discomfort slowly fade away as she suddenly began to feel more tired rather than anything else. Looking at her mate, she was unable to understand anything from his expression. "Is it over?" she asked, turning her attention to her sister. "Umeme?"

Spoiler: show
We haven't really decided on how many cubs and what genders, but I don't really mind so I'll let you choose."
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Postby DGFone » August 3rd, 2014, 7:09 am

It only took Delano a few short moments to get inside and sit down by Lina's side when she called out to him. "I'm here, Lina," he reassured her, "I'm here. Don't worry..." However, the truth was that seeing Lina so worried and how hard it was for her, he himself couldn't keep his composure either. What if something went wrong?

"Umeme... you know what's going to happen, right? Lina... she's going to be fine? Right?" Delano's gaze tore between Lina and his sister in law. Despite knowing that his mate wanted him to stay here by her side, he wanted to do nothing more than to run and hide until this was all over. It was only the knowledge that Lina needed him here that kept him in place. He held onto one of Lina's paws tightly with his. "I'm still here," he told his mate when he heard her groan in pain. "I'm here..."

Next to them, Umeme almost groaned when she realized that there were now two adults that she would need to calm down. Hiding her annoyance at this, she smiled reassuringly at Delano. "Just stay here and be by Lina's side. There isn't anything you need to do right now except being here for her." With the lion finally nodding, she gave him another smile before returning her attention to her sister. "Lina... listen to me. It's going to hurt, but not to much. Just do what will feel natural and it will be over soon. You're doing all right. Just hold on in there."

When it was all finally over, Umeme found herself staring at something very precious once more. The sight brought a warm smile to her, but she knew that this was not a moment for her to enjoy. "Yes, Lina, It's over... Lina, Delano... Congratulations you two," she said quietly.

Still holding onto Lina's paw, Delano was almost too afraid to look. However, the calm tone that Umeme spoke in brought some reassurance to him that there was nothing to be afraid of. It was then that he heard a very fain mewling coming from somewhere next to Lina. Umeme moved the source to between him and his mate, and his fell on...

"Say hello to your new son," Umeme said proudly, placing the newly born cub between the other two lions in the den. "You're parents now."
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby TheWhistlerify » August 3rd, 2014, 4:13 pm

Despite how she was already feeling a lot better, even if she was quite tired, Lina couldn't help but let out a heavy sigh of relief when Umeme told her that it really was over, leaning even further against Delano as she did. It was only when her sister congratulated her and her mate, followed by a barely audible mewling sound, that she was reminded of the reason she'd gone through this rather unpleasant experience up until just a few moments ago.

Even though she's wanted to become a mother for so long and despite how her own mother and sister had told her how wonderful this moment would be, it didn't at all prepare her for this. Seeing her son for the first time as Umene gently placed him down between her paws had her simply staring for a moment, almost in awe. Was it just her imagination, or was the cub smaller than how big her niece and nephew had been at the time? "Wow..."

Her sister's words finally sunk in as she suddenly forgot all the unplasantries the pregnancy and labor had put her through. They didn't seem to matter anymore. "Delano, look at him..." she said softly, not even noticing Umeme leave in order to give her and her mate a moment alone with their newly born son. He had his parents' fur color (obviously). "He's beautiful..." Smiling warmly at their son, she leaned over and licked him a few times, not for the sake of cleaning him as much as for the sake of feeling his presence for the first time as she brought paws closer to him.

She then withdrew her head so that Delano would have the chance to get closer as well. He was the father after all. Still smiling happily, she leaned against her mate once more. "I love him already..." she said, letting out a more relaxed sigh as she settled more comfortably against Delano. "He's perfect.. Thank you..." True, she did carry this cub and give birth to him, but it wouldn't have been possible without Delano.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Postby DGFone » August 4th, 2014, 8:02 am

At first, Lina's head was covering Delano's view of their new cub, but she then moved her head and he was able to look upon their son for the first time. "Wow... he's... he looks like us." He mentally pawed himself at having said such an obvious statement, but that was what really came into his head first. "But yeah... he's beautiful."

He reached his head out and nuzzled Lina. "This is the moment we've been waiting for so long now..." Strictly speaking, he was now starting to really feel his nervousness start to rise. Looking right at their son, there was no longer any denying that he and Lina were now parents, and a new life was completely dependent on them. Would they make good parents? Would he be a good father? Before, Delano was able to somewhat toss these fears aside by simply knowing that he has time to wait. There was also helping Umeme and Muroki with their cubs, but that's exactly that: their cubs, not his and Lina's. But now... he can't wait anymore. He was a father now, and would have to find out if he will make a good father the hard way.

"This really means so much..." he said quietly, looking at the small mewling cub between Lina's paws, "he's... so small."

Next to them, Umeme was smiling at seeing her sister's newly born cub. Knowing that this time is very important for the two new parents, she figured that this would be as good of a time to go back home to Muroki and her own two cubs. Besides, she got what she came here for, and doubted that Lina would need any immediate help. "I'll leave you two alone now," she announced quietly, so as to not scare anyone. "I think I will go back to my den, so that Muroki might get a break before our two cubs eat him alive." Bidding Delano and Lina goodbye, she backed out the den and left, running back to her own mate and cubs.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby TheWhistlerify » August 4th, 2014, 12:01 pm

As their son continued to mewl from between her paws, Lina decided to gently pick him up by the scruff and place him down next to her stomach so that he could feed if he wanted to. If the cub just wanted attention she'd be able to give it to him there as well, she figured. Licking the newborn cleaner as he started to suckle, she looked at Delano. "I can see that he's small..." she teased, giggling and licking his cheek once. "You know he's not going to bite you, right?"

As she asked this, she turned her attention back to their son. She's wanted this cub for such a long time, even before Muroki brought the subject up in front of Umeme, and now he was finally there... She doubted there has ever been a moment in her life where she was this happy. "I think Nuru will be a good name." she said after a short silence, turning her attention to her mate once more. "What do you think?"

---

Meanwhile, back in his and Umeme's den, Muroki had long grown tired of moving his tail about as Marini chased it around and his daughter has been chewing on her helpless pray ever since. At least Ubawa never got as energetic as his sister. "Don't you think my tail deserves a rest, Marini?" His daighter then surprisingly let go and ran-crawled across his back until she was standing next to her brother on their father's head.

"I'm bored!" she exclaimed, looking upside down at him with a pout before staring at her brother. "Ubawa, play with me!"

Muroki resisted the urge to wince. Ubawa sure was quieter and easier to restrain, but whenever he joined forces with his sibling... The pair reminded him of Delano and himself, in a way. "How about we go outside for a little bit?" Surely the two of them would be less bored if they were out in the open (although close to the den - of course). "Maybe you'll get another chance to chase a butterfly." With the two cubs still on his head, he carefully made his way outside so that they wouldn't accidentally fall off before lying down by the den's entrance. He would have to make sure the two didn't wander off, but that wasn't going to be too hard considering their still limited ability to move around.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

PreviousNext

Return to Lion King Roleplaying